Prop Lager Toys 1/1 IM Mark 43 Helmet

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any long term impressions of this helmet? Heard there might be durability issues with the electronics, would like to know if that's valid.

For those of you that imported this to the US, were there import duties/fees?

Shipping ran me an additional $55 to Los Angeles.

Any long term impressions of this helmet? Heard there might be durability issues with the electronics, would like to know if that's valid.

I picked it up back in October, used it heavily on Halloween and then periodically over the following months. The electronics still function as good as the day I picked it up though a gentle touch is recommended when handling the helmet.

I picked it up back in October, used it heavily on Halloween and then periodically over the following months. The electronics still function as good as the day I picked it up though a gentle touch is recommended when handling the helmet.

Thanks!

Just picked up one of these from KG Hobby. Overall quality and paint are actually better than I expected, after hearing some impressions on this thread. However, the faceplate on mine doesn't quite close properly when using the electronics, the bottom keeps getting stuck around the chin and I need to manually adjust it to close properly. Anyone else had to deal with this and can offer a solution?

EDIT: After playing around with it some more, it looks like angle and leveling play a factor. I can get the faceplate to close perfectly 100% of the time when the chin is tilted up about 15 degrees, and most of the time when the helmet is level side to side. Is this most owners' experiences as well?

Last edited:
Where can I order one of these? KG Hobby is sold out; any reputable shops in the US? Is it worth the price?

Where can I order one of these? KG Hobby is sold out; any reputable shops in the US? Is it worth the price?

eBay is your best bet unfortunately. Someone is also selling this on Amazon for $300. I jumped on KG Hobby when they got it back in stock because they're priced lower shipped than anywhere else. Don't know of any US retailer that would have this, I also don't think Lager/Roan has a Marvel license for the US (or licensed at all, for that matter), so that would basically restrict direct US sales.

Overall I'm pretty happy with it, it's a nice toy/prop for the price. Build and paint quality is acceptable. The servos and hinges could use some improvement but for the most part they work.

Last edited:
eBay is your best bet unfortunately. Someone is also selling this on Amazon for $300. I jumped on KG Hobby when they got it back in stock because they're priced lower shipped than anywhere else. Don't know of any US retailer that would have this, I also don't think Lager/Roan has a Marvel license for the US (or licensed at all, for that matter), so that would basically restrict direct US sales.

Overall I'm pretty happy with it, it's a nice toy/prop for the price. Build and paint quality is acceptable. The servos and hinges could use some improvement but for the most part they work.

Appreciate the response! Thanks! :hi5:

Just received the Mark 3 helmet.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

If you like both helmets equally, I would suggest the Mark 3 helmet.

The wires inside are still a bit of a mess in the Mark 3, but its much better than the Mark 42.

In addition the back neck plate on the Mark 3 utilises a magnet, as well as the side clips. But for whatever reason I still found it harder to put the the back plate flush on the Mark 3. But if not put in perfectly it still more or less held by the magnet. Though I almost caught my ear once trying to put it in.

Overall it's what I expected, but note that it still feels a bit cheap in its construction.

Damn, I haven't been in these forums in a while so I completely missed out on the Mark III helmet. I guess I will wait for KGHobby to restock.

If you like both helmets equally, I would suggest the Mark 3 helmet.

The wires inside are still a bit of a mess in the Mark 3, but its much better than the Mark 42.

In addition the back neck plate on the Mark 3 utilises a magnet, as well as the side clips. But for whatever reason I still found it harder to put the the back plate flush on the Mark 3. But if not put in perfectly it still more or less held by the magnet. Though I almost caught my ear once trying to put it in.

Overall it's what I expected, but note that it still feels a bit cheap in its construction.

Nice! Does it open/close as advertised? The video demonstration made it appear very smooth.

It does work, but as to how smoothly I'm not too sure (might have juttered a bit) and it is a bit noisy. When I go home I'll check.

But it does close quite flush (Any gap is very small). Before receiving the helmet I was a little bit concerned that it might not close fully (at least automatically), but at least mine does.

It does work, but as to how smoothly I'm not too sure (might have juttered a bit) and it is a bit noisy. When I go home I'll check.

But it does close quite flush (Any gap is very small). Before receiving the helmet I was a little bit concerned that it might not close fully (at least automatically), but at least mine does.
That's awesome. Thank goodness there's no gaps. You're right to be concerned about that. It can make a great helmet look horrible if not designed to stay in alignment.

Back