Prop Lager Toys 1/1 IM Mark 43 Helmet

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well damn. Big scratch right on the front of the mask. I sent kg hobbies a message, hopefully they can deal with this
3e0ac996efe2874ab9389c1dae22e36e.jpg

Mine arrived today. Wondering if owners can chime in here. Can't get the lights or motorized action to work. Manual is more like a step by step blueprint on how this thing was put together and I am not sure if I have to add something to the helmet. Do I have to add magnets on the inside? It also states I have to insert a battery pack (nowhere to be found).
So I would like to know if other owners received a working helmet from the get-go or if they took a couple more steps.

Well damn. Big scratch right on the front of the mask. I sent kg hobbies a message, hopefully they can deal with this

I have exactly the same trouble. I'm waiting for an answer from them.

Mine arrived today. Wondering if owners can chime in here. Can't get the lights or motorized action to work. Manual is more like a step by step blueprint on how this thing was put together and I am not sure if I have to add something to the helmet. Do I have to add magnets on the inside? It also states I have to insert a battery pack (nowhere to be found).
So I would like to know if other owners received a working helmet from the get-go or if they took a couple more steps.

Don't you have a battery pack inside the Cotton padded covering?

Don't you have a battery pack inside the Cotton padded covering?

Woops, must have misread the manual. Was looking at the padding on the sides, not the back. It is there, yes. Now to find the right batteries.

I have exactly the same trouble. I'm waiting for an answer from them.

Have a couple dings on my helmet too. Will send a message after I get the lights to work (or not).

I'm tempted to pull the trigger on this helmet. Looks awesome, but it seems like everyone that's receiving them has some sort of quality control issue. How is customer service? Have they responded to emails? Thanks for any info guys!

PROS
- nice assembly, bright paint app and is great to look at
- helmet and ring fits me perfectly (6' male)
- surprisingly nice packaging
- it's a freakin' wearable Mark 42 helmet with a fictional visor and light up eyes!

CONS
- despite good looks the helmet has a thin plastic construct
- visibility with the visor down is poor (which is understandable)
- once removed the base of helmet can be tough to get back on

Any nitpicks I have about the helmet are greatly overshadowed by the joy of watching people's faces light up when activating the visor. It's not a heavy construct for a replica but it is very light and easy to wear. Got it just in time for Halloween and the helmet is definitely comfortable enough to wear out (even if you'll be spending most of the time with the visor up). Even if you don't plan on wearing the helmet, it's a steal for a replica at $200. Very satisfied!

Cheers, looking at the reviews, the paint app isn't that great considering it is not painted on the inside behind the cloth.

Having said that, it is very cheap.

So overall, might be worth it? If you are lucky not to get a noticeable chip it seems...anyone know where we can buy this apart from ebay?

I just received mine the helmet is perfect , but I cant get it to light placed the batteries flicked the lower switch on the left hand side moving the ring around nothing is there anything I'm missing ?

I just received mine the helmet is perfect , but I cant get it to light placed the batteries flicked the lower switch on the left hand side moving the ring around nothing is there anything I'm missing ?

That statement seems a bit contradictory if something is not working...how can it be perfect?

Did you try to look at a few youtube videos of people walking through how it works?

I am keen on this but there seems to be such a risk on QC issues. Whether it is paint app or something not working on the electronic side of things..

Is it worth paying a good price for something that is perfect, or a cheap price on something that might not work. hmm...
Maybe if there was a good store with good warranty/return policy then this should be a buy?

The Paint job is perfect no scratches, I just cant get it to light Ill look around youtube to see what I can find.

This thing is pretty cool. I didn't even know about it.

Check out this hilarious video demonstrating the helmet. Gotta love the model operating it... and that rockin' soundtrack! :lol

Check out this hilarious video demonstrating the helmet. Gotta love the model operating it... and that rockin' soundtrack! :lol

it is pretty cool, but the cleavage distracts you from whats going on here :slap

Only in Asia you see/hear this kind of stuff!!! :lol
That was great! But gotta admit I didn't check the helmet during it... :rotfl

Back