Premium Format Kylo Ren

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh I do, I've said so many times, it's great (minus the lack of light up maybe) But at the same time, the price is still mad and we all have to stick to our guns at some point. I caved and ordered the $650 Wolf Predator LSB that most people borked at, I can't afford to keep doing so at these new prices tbh. Kylo, while a lovely statue, just doesn't seem to offer enough for the money put on him. I doubt many will be making a profit on this guy, he really isn't that limited, he's just relatively so compared to Vader which is basically mass produced. If I'm miserable, it is only with regards to the price which will be about $1000 to my door. I'll be disappointed if I don't get this, but at the same time, It will be for a good reason, so it is just the money for me. The fact that we've seen even crazier price points since this was revealed in no way makes this one any more reasonable for me.

Is that $1000 or 1000 pounds? Why do you have to pay so much? If you get it new on Ebay do you still have to pay so much in tax/shipping?

As far as I'm concerned the Maul PF is the last thing I'm getting straight from Sideshow, because I want the EX (not because I'll be using it, but it's Maul so I want to have the EX). The Euro vs Dollar exchange rate has reached its worst point in many, many years (pretty much 1€ = $1) which just put an end to my 10+ years of purchasing various items from dealers and sellers located in the US.

I remember when it was 1€ = $1,48 I saved so much money, it was pure insanity (you have to know how to avoid taxes from customs though).

I will be getting Kylo from a French or European dealer for far cheaper than if I ordered it from Sideshow. With the exchange rate, taxes and shipping, the statue is way more expensive if ordered straight from Sideshow, you have to really want the EX. Dealers here have it up for pre-order at about 620€ (which is now pretty much $620). Couldn't care less about the EX, it's as lame as it gets, unless you hate the way they recreated the blade.

Pretty much the only reason I'm getting the Ex. That and they offered double RP on him when I was thinking of pre-ordering.

same here!! specially if it does not light up and will never have it displayed with that toy rod.. I much prefer have his hilt attached to his belt. only reason why I ordered the excl. in this case.

same here!! specially if it does not light up and will never have it displayed with that toy rod.. I much prefer have his hilt attached to his belt. only reason why I ordered the excl. in this case.

:duff

See guys, myc gets it.

It's not a toy rod though. It's highly detailed and has a proper finish according to the prototype (we'll see if it lights up or not). Nothing like the Hot Toys version.

Would be nice to see the production version to see if they at least stick to that design.

It's not a toy rod though. It's highly detailed and has a proper finish according to the prototype (we'll see if it lights up or not). Nothing like the Hot Toys version.

Would be nice to see the production version to see if they at least stick to that design.

well we'll see about that once it hits. But Im sure it won't light up cause we are a couple months away from release and would have heard about it by now..

@geekjosh .. you got it down pretty good too !! :lol

I still have no idea why people want their lightsabers to light up. Unless it's powered by an AC adapter like Vader it's completely pointless to me. It sort of cheapens to look to me. I think it works better with figures than statues.

Because it looks a lot more like it does in the movie obviously. Recent light ups are definitely closer to a lightsaber than a non-lit up plastic rod. This looks awesome:

9633737626_b61fcf0bbf_b.jpg

And if it cheapens the look to you, you always have the option of not using the feature.

I agree that power via an adapter should be a must on every single statue with light up features though. Batteries are a nightmare.

Is that $1000 or 1000 pounds? Why do you have to pay so much? If you get it new on Ebay do you still have to pay so much in tax/shipping?

$1000, but the exchange rates are diabolical so there isn't as much of a difference between the two as there once was. The price is so high due to the high base price, high shipping cost and tax on both unfortunately.

$1000, but the exchange rates are diabolical so there isn't as much of a difference between the two as there once was. The price is so high due to the high base price, high shipping cost and tax on both unfortunately.

From eBay as well or just direct retailers? I've bought many large pieces from the U.K. And Australia and never pay more than like $50 in shipping.

Because it looks a lot more like it does in the movie obviously. Recent light ups are definitely closer to a lightsaber than a non-lit up plastic rod. This looks awesome:

View attachment 311405

And if it cheapens the look to you, you always have the option of not using the feature.

I agree that power via an adapter should be a must on every single statue with light up features though. Batteries are a nightmare.

Yea but that's when it's turned on for a couple of minutes due to the batteries charge. Then you have to turn it off or kill them. I like the cathode ones which is why I mentioned the Vader PF but if it's battery powered it's pointless.

Yea but that's when it's turned on for a couple of minutes due to the batteries charge. Then you have to turn it off or kill them. I like the cathode ones which is why I mentioned the Vader PF but if it's battery powered it's pointless.

All the last few ones with light up sabers have come with power adapters, so they don't have to run on batteries. I'd assume if they were to have Kylo's light up, it'd come with a power adapter as well.

All the last few ones with light up sabers have come with power adapters, so they don't have to run on batteries. I'd assume if they were to have Kylo's light up, it'd come with a power adapter as well.

Which then introduces a new problem. You're having to power all of your display lights if you have them as well as have a bunch of adapters plugged in. So if they all start coming out that way it's going to be a power strip centipede.

The cathode ones unlit look like Force FX sabers. So I'd never want them unlit.

View attachment 311405

Hey, what's the figure on the left?

Back