Premium Format Kylo Ren

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I definitely think you guys are right. I just don't like things in my collection to look like real people.

I want them to be realistic, but not have actor likeness. I wish I had the damn XM Luke photo to show as an example

The only bright side to the long wait for Force Awakens PFs is that I can afford Boba in the mean time.

On a note barely related to this thread; is it typical for the action figure sections to be a bit less...pleasant? I've been browsing the hot toys threads for the first time to get my fix since Sideshow moves at the pace of a quadriplegic sloth, and much of the discussion over there is...
1403530495390.gif

Just saw TFA for the second time tonight... Please release this soon!

Soon? :lol

With Sideshows one year from preorder til shipping (plus the normal 6-12 month delay), we could be happy when we will get
KR at the time when Episode 8 starts in Spring 2017...:lecture

My bet would be: shipping in Fall 2017 or x-mas 2017 if the edition size is not so high (OE?)...:impatient: :gah:

Now i need some upcoming in-hand pics for the Boba PF, as this lame waiting game crushes all my
excitement for this too...:dunno

Really hoping for a proper alternative in the meantime. The HT 1/6 won't cut it for me. Need a 1/4 or a nice statue by another manufacturer (unlikely I guess).

The closest (in time) really cool TFA/Kylo Ren related item is the helmet from Anovos but it's quite expensive without the Tier 1 pricing.

The sixth scale section is always more volatile.

It is also currently the victim of two additional factors: 1) People critiquing not just the action figures but the new movie; and 2) Newbie trolls looking for attention. I saw on Instagram that Paramore will be posting pictures of Kylo Ren 1/6th soon, so that'll hopefully realign things over there :)

Yeah, I'm actually thinking this'll start shopping around the time Ep. VIII comes out. And that's with me being very hopeful that PO's will op n sometime in the 1st QTR.

All I know is that I need this ASAP.

Yeah, I'm actually thinking this'll start shopping around the time Ep. VIII comes out. And that's with me being very hopeful that PO's will op n sometime in the 1st QTR.

All I know is that I need this ASAP.

Are you gonna pick up the 1/6 Hot Toys to hold you over? I'm thinking about it.

I finally went to see the movie yesterday and loved it! Kylo Ren was great and I definitely want him represented in my collection.

I'm kind of torn between getting the Hot Toys figure and the Sideshow PF. I think he would look better as a statue, really. But at the same time I also need Rey, and I loved the Hot Toy version of her and BB-8. I already have Rey on pre-order. I kind of want to stick to one version (PF or Hot Toys), not both.

I hope Sideshow will show us a glimpse of the premium format statue of Rey soon (I assume they are making one). It will make deciding much easier.

But yeah, I'm really, really tempted to get this.

I finally went to see the movie yesterday and loved it! Kylo Ren was great and I definitely want him represented in my collection.

I'm kind of torn between getting the Hot Toys figure and the Sideshow PF. I think he would look better as a statue, really. But at the same time I also need Rey, and I loved the Hot Toy version of her and BB-8. I already have Rey on pre-order. I kind of want to stick to one version (PF or Hot Toys), not both.

I hope Sideshow will show us a glimpse of the premium format statue of Rey soon (I assume they are making one). It will make deciding much easier.

But yeah, I'm really, really tempted to get this.

I wasn't too impressed with the HT Kylo tbh. Seems a lot more simple and toy-like then their usual offerings.

I wasn't too impressed with the HT Kylo tbh. Seems a lot more simple and toy-like then their usual offerings.

Funny, I actually had the same thoughts about it looking to much like a simple toy when I first saw it. Not sure what it is, I never got that feeling from the stormtroopers or any of the other Force Awakens figures. I'll seriously consider getting the PF, and worry about Rey later.

I just hope this guy isn't a victim of the insane new pricing structure, the latest PF is $600... Ouch.

Which PF was that? Looking at the latest releases on Sideshow's webpage, a lot of the new PF's are well under that, so hopefully it won't be so bad (Even with a light-up lightsaber i assume). Green Goblin is $520, Red Sonja is $550 and Loki is $460.

I just hope this guy isn't a victim of the insane new pricing structure, the latest PF is $600... Ouch.

Yeah. All these statues not selling out, even the ex... They should realize the price is getting out of hand.

Probably because the design of the character is incredibly simple, there isn't much that can be done/achieved compared to what they are capable of on more complex figures. I mean even the actual Kylo Ren in the movie could be passed as a toy in a different context haha.

That would really suck, precisely because of what I just wrote above. I can't see how it would make sense. Probably more in the $380 to $400 range.
The new Vader is $500 but with a much more elaborate design.

Probably because he's completely covered in fabric and drapes down below the waist. Makes it look like a doll.

Back