Kotobukiya Magneto (possibly Danger Room Sessions)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is the best Magneto statue I have ever seen. However, like Ink said, koto's paint apps are bad. Seen too many botched paint jobs.

Their release of Colossus was an improvement so maybe they're ready to turn the corner. Every release so far the paint apps have gotten better and better overall. The only one that was a setback I'd say is Psylocke, other than that one, every other statue I've received from Kotobukiya was perfectly painted.

Well, I'm about to find out personally. I will be picking this up when it's released. I never bought the BD Villafane Magneto because I wanted to wait to see what the new release would look like. BD just showed a digital sculpt of Magneto that they are thinking of releasing. I was going to wait to see that sculpt before deciding between the 2. I did this with the Punisher. BD has a few Punisher statues that were just released. I liked the 1st one Randy sculpted the best. I went ahead and got that one.

After seeing the Koto statue, I will be picking up this piece instead and adding it to my BD collection. I'm a huge X-MEN fan and have a lot of BD FS X-men pieces. Since the scales are close, I think he will fit in perfectly. Now I just hope the paint apps are getting better as ActionJackson has said.

Yeah this is the version of magneto I've been dreaming of. Gonna be tough to pass if it looks good when released.

Well, I'm about to find out personally. I will be picking this up when it's released. I never bought the BD Villafane Magneto because I wanted to wait to see what the new release would look like. BD just showed a digital sculpt of Magneto that they are thinking of releasing. I was going to wait to see that sculpt before deciding between the 2. I did this with the Punisher. BD has a few Punisher statues that were just released. I liked the 1st one Randy sculpted the best. I went ahead and got that one.

After seeing the Koto statue, I will be picking up this piece instead and adding it to my BD collection. I'm a huge X-MEN fan and have a lot of BD FS X-men pieces. Since the scales are close, I think he will fit in perfectly. Now I just hope the paint apps are getting better as ActionJackson has said.

Good call. I wouldn't even worry about the newer Bowen Magneto unless it ends up coming out before the Koto statue. It's a digital sculpt, and in my experience their human characters never look quite right when they aren't designed by hand. Unless Koto really screws up the paint job on this it already looks like the clear choice.

Good call. I wouldn't even worry about the newer Bowen Magneto unless it ends up coming out before the Koto statue. It's a digital sculpt, and in my experience their human characters never look quite right when they aren't designed by hand. Unless Koto really screws up the paint job on this it already looks like the clear choice.

Yeah, after seeing the proto I have come to the conclusion that the only thing that can kill this piece is a bad paint job. It really is the finest Magneto statue I have seen. Sosa just nailed this piece.

i bought my first koto pieces. Warpath was available but not for pickup, free shipping if you bought at the Koto booth. I bought XFORCE Deadpool and Colossus after seeing Magneto. Came back the next day for the Sue Storm exclusive Bishuo... decided it looked too toony... I was offered the Dr. Doom koto statue on clearance for $90. I had to carry it on the plane with me... but it was worth it.

Just so you know, this magneto was modeled digitally 100% by yours truly with the aid of Alex Pereira...
here's the proof :)

Last edited:
I'm planning on getting this, but reading people complain about Koto's previous paint apps is a bit of a turn off :slap The proto shown is the best magneto statue that I can think of right now though :D

1f5bf7a4-c0d5-4909-9c09-a42cc583c636.jpg

279685_263913833625020_137679822915089_1224768_4797883_o.jpg

mag1.jpg

Is this the offcial thread for this piece? There are a few images floating around the net, but peeps don't seem to be posting them :dunno

It's up for pre order on BBTS for $184.99.

I checked what the estimate shipping cost from BBTS would cost me. It's $101.49 :slap

I wanted this. It's a statue of an actual image of Magneto that I remember when I was younger. If it goes for pre order at other places with similar shipping prices, then I might have to pass on this. Perhaps SSC will have better pricing :D

this looks great but as people said the paint apps on the previous pieces aren't great, plus seeing as how cyclops has the magneto helmet in his pf i'm sure were not far from finally getting a pf magneto

Back