Kaustic Plastik / Infinite Statue 1/6 Happy Days Fonzarelli

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't own anything blutooth in terms of music box wise, so I am glad to have the Jukebox as its functional.

I will say the base is very light as is the box. They both feel very light....which is both good and bad. Ideally you spend 4--, you expect some heft and weight.

The Jukebox is ok....there are lights, but the "buttons" representing songs are just stickers and do not light up.

Fonz is nice, but I THINK the jacket is pleather. Just touching it, wish it was REAL leather.

Currently checking out the Jukebox sound quality....and the exclusive base is not worth it so far.....

20240113_163658.jpg

Attachments

• 20240113_163754.jpg
    20240113_163754.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 1
The jacket cuffs are a lighter brown , not burnt umber that was solicited in the promo pictures and on the website, I think this is a black mark on this release. Yeah a small detail, but for the price this needs to be perfect…

Perhaps some better pictures. Not really feeling this right now. Seems like a big drop in paint apps from proto.
Probably my camera. My phone is 6 years old or so. I don't really take pics....definately wait for someone who is competent with the cell phone camera. It looks fine to me just not 500 dollar fine. Nothing I own is 400 dollar fine...300 is as much any 1/6 figure was worth to me. Even Inart is no more than a 300 dollar figure to me.

The Jukebox is growing on me....typically a Jukebox like that is about 100 dollars....so a near 500 dollar figure is now slightly under 400 still a bit pricey and I do regret the bigger base(Exclusive) just excessive.

Lesson learned....Althoug I do wish I had the Nosferatu Exclusive base though...next time I will be more picky. Still hoping for another Bud Spencer and Terrance Hill 1/6 releases.

Last edited:
Now I'm getting nervous that this Fonz figure will be comparable to KP's Twin Peaks Agent Cooper. That figure was one of my worst purchases of 2023, with a quality that resembled something Sideshow would have released almost 20 years ago. The price point for these KP figures is completely out of whack with the (lack of) quality. If they turn out so bad it's like an under-$200 value at the most. Clearly not some top-tier high-end collector grade product in the $400 range. Doesn't matter what kind of fancy extras are added to the package, the quality and craft of the figure are the main features. That's what KP built their reputation on - a company built on the concept of collectors making unique figures for fellow collectors, with the best craftsmanship. I'm willing to pay a higher dollar for that commitment to product.

I preordered the deluxe/exclusive Fonz, not for the jukebox or base - I can do without those completely - but for the extra sculpt. I do appreciate that KP is generous with including more than one sculpt, but their recent releases seemed to have limited that extra to just the most expensive deluxe sets, leaving the more affordable set options somewhat barebones. KP's Nosferatu, Dracula and Inspector Clouseau, from 2 years ago, were all great figure sets with plenty to like without having to upgrade to the deluxe. They need to stick with that model while concentrating on delivering a high quality figure. They should probably ditch whatever factory is turning out the bad paint apps now.

Last edited:
They likeness is definitely there, but the sculpted features are very soft for some reason, especially the hair. I think they had the same problem with Coop. I wonder why?

I think it is largely the paint. This is very reminiscent of older Sideshow figures. Many of their great sculpts were hidden behind think paint. The paint seems decent enough but not to the level or techniques used by Hot Toys, which is perplexing because their Dracula and Nosferatu figures came out fantastic. They do seem to struggle with ‘normal’ human figures for some reason as opposed to ‘monsters.’ I’m curious if their upcoming Hammer Dracula and Van Helsing figures will the same way. Will Dracula turn out great with Van Helsing leaving something to be desired?

For the premium they charge, they aren’t there yet for consistent quality. They do offer figures nobody else seems to have any desire touching though so that is certainly a key selling point with KP. If they were trying to sell yet another Marvel or Star Wars thing, they would be far less well received as a whole.

I think it looks great. I do think the hair is a bit shinny and it doesn't look individualized...the hair is what looks soft. Skin tone looks fine....

But it seems okay, just the price is a bit much...

I would have been disappointed if I ordered this. Glad I didn’t. The price is too high for the quality.

The sculpt is probably okay but unless you’re able to repaint it or have it repainted it doesn’t look good.

I was interested in it because Fonz is an iconic character and I like Henry Winkler but just too bad how the figure turned out.

Back