Kalem and the Fantastic Bee

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scotty

Freakalicious
Reaction score
Okay, Still have tweaks and little fiddly things I need to do. Plus I'm sure there's a bit more cutting to do before molding and casting, BUT I'm in the home-stretch I think.:)

Decided on a base design, and went for it...kind of a mystical smoke swirling around and following up to the bee as it rises...hope you like it.

The next time I post photos..it should be of the finished sculpt. (after final tweaks and anything else I find I need/want to add to add or do...there's ALWAYS that)

Started with my original design here done in Super Sculpey...
Boy_and_the_Bee_1.jpg

New sculpt done in castilene...
Base_side.jpg

Base_above.jpg

K_and_B_right_angle_front_1.jpg

Cut up...I think Kalem himself is gonna need more cutting...like the arms and legs, but we'll see....
K_and_B_parts.jpg

Last edited:
Hey thanks Jedi!

The sculpt stands roughly 8 inches tall from bottom of the base to top of Kalem's back.:)

Scotty,

Can you take a picture of the tools you use when working with Sculpey? I've been dying to try it but I need to know some good tools to use.

Thanks guys. Final sculpt photos soon. I had to do a bit more detialing and add shoes to Kalem's feet and tweak some areas. I'll post them up when ready.:wave

Sculpting tools...I use mostly the wooden type in the lower half of this pic. Any craft store carries them.
You can even make your own tools...whatever will get you the desired effect. :)
90357286_museum.jpg

All done boys and girls!
Finished up the antennae, and added in all the little details that I wanted to, without overdoing it. I'm happy to finally show it off completed, and will be sending it to be molded and casted soon.

Thanks for looking! It's good to be done!
I'm very happy with how it came out, after imagining it, sculpting it once in Super Sculpey, and then redoing almost all of it in Castilene. I can't wait to get one painted up to show, and have those of you wanted one get a copy into your hands. :wink:

Full sculpt is about 8 inches tall from bottom of base to top of Kalem's head. (The Bee's antennae obviously add more height)
FINAL1_web.jpg

FINAL_2_web.jpg

FINAL_6_web.jpg

FINAL_7_web.jpg

FINAL_3_web.jpg

FINAL_4_web.jpg

Thanks Carbo!

You know what guys? I've decided that it's not done...I know, I know...I said it was, but the WINGS just bug me WAY too much. I'm gonna redo them a different way...a way that came to me just today, and I think it'll improve the sculpt, and add just that little bit of extra whimsy. I will definitely get it painted...I have that lined up already.

Bear with me friends....it won't take me long. I just decided that if I wasn't totally happy with...I should probably fix the one area that bugged me, or I'd never forgive myself.:)

Last edited:
Back