Justice League Movie (Nov 17th, 2017)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Funny books are for losers.

batmancostumes-1284704031.jpg

Pretty much.

I don't understand how even his teammates aren't rolling their eyes at him all the time.

^ Bingo. Though, to be fair, Prime-Earth/Earth-0 Batman did wear a robot suit at some point, though it wasn't Bruce (twas Jim Gordon)
I never did like JimBats, maybe if it was just him without the robotsuit it would've been better, people will get a cool toy out of it though.

I like Batman's current "boot camp" better.

"Because STFU, Robin. I pay for your food."

It's PINK Robin, god dammit!

That's why you don't listen to people who grew up around color-challenged printers.

Anyway, I can't see how something like THIS wouldn't make everyone happy:

batfleck_edit_zpsgaxhzmxb.jpg

I'd die with a smile on my stupid face after seein' such Batman on a big screen.

Pretty much.

I never did like JimBats, maybe if it was just him without the robotsuit it would've been better, people will get a cool toy out of it though.

I like Batman's current "boot camp" better.

Eh, he was Robocop x Batman, which was cool just for existing. Apart from that, the writting was good enough for me. Honestly, I'm really eyeing that Designer Series: Capullo Jim Gordon Batman 2-Pack.

What do you think about Rebirth?

Wonder Woman is looking fantastic, I already like it better than Azzarello's run.

Well, due to budget reasons, I'm only pulling three titles. Batman, Deathstroke and Hellblazer. Batman I'm really excited about, because King's Vision is one of the best books out there. Priest is a great writer, and seems to be chanelling Wolfman's Slade, which is a huge plus for me. Both Nu52 vols were dreadful, and were more focused on "kewl" art, rather than the story. Hellblazer seems to be moving towards the more classic JonCon, which is a plus in my book. The first Nu52 vol was bad, and the most recent one was more focused on presenting John Constantine: The Bi-Sexual rather than telling a story.

Apart from these, there are a few that have caught my eye, and in case something I'm pulling either gets cancelled or I drop it, I'll go for them. Mainly I'm interested in Nightwing, Batman Beyond, Aquaman and Wonder Woman. I'm still waiting to hear some news on JLA and that rumoured Hickman project, plus a New Gods revival. I'd kill for a new Authority, but that's not going to happen.

At this point, I'm pulling 6 Marvel books, 2 Valiant, 3 DC & 1 Image. Taking double shipping into account, my monthly pull ranges from 40 to 60 euros. In case Annuals are released, I'm heading to 70+. I have some wiggle room, maybe one or two monthly DC titles (2.99 man), but that's it. Honestly, I really hope the drop the bi-monthly thing and keep the decreased price.

Now, the obvious answer is "trim the Marvel fat", but I can't, not really. Moon Knight, Black Panther, Deadpool and Doctor Strange I'll buy no matter what. The first 3 are great, and even though the 4th one is rather bland, I'm still pulling it out of some sense of loyalty. The remaining 2, Ultimates and Uncanny X-Men I'm enjoying a lot. Ultimates a little less now, which is also tarnished by the presence of Miss America Chavez, but Uncanny X-Men is the best X-Men book. Ninjak, Bloodshot and East of West are some of the best comics out now, so I'm definitely keeping them.

In general, if something tickles my fancy it's more likely I'll try it from DC, considering their reduced prices. As far as Rebirth goes, I'm enjoying the majority of it, I have to say...

Maaaang you know what to do.... cough torrent it cough.

If I like it, then I'll buy the trade or even specific issues, but I very rarely blind buy comics anymore, unless it's from certain fool-proof writers or I'm already super into a certain arc.

Maaaang you know what to do.... cough torrent it cough.

If I like it, then I'll buy the trade or even specific issues, but I very rarely blind buy comics anymore, unless it's from certain fool-proof writers or I'm already super into a certain arc.

I do that already, trust me. That's how I manage to stay up to date. But dunno, I really like having the physical copy, it gives me a sense of authenticity. I'm normally not one for trades, truth be told. Even if a series is over, I just buy the singles from mycomicshop. I am eyeing a few hardcovers and the like though. The only stuff I buy blindly, are the ones based on my Top 10 Characters, an even then it depends. Silver Surfer was awful and I cut it, even if I love the character. Same goes for both of the previous Deathstroke volumes.

Anyway, I can't see how something like THIS wouldn't make everyone happy:

batfleck_edit_zpsgaxhzmxb.jpg

I'd die with a smile on my stupid face after seein' such Batman on a big screen.

I like it. The belt buckle could be better looking and those straps on his crotch are kind of weird, but the overall design is cool because it's similar to the animated series.

Batman should have a room filled with different costumes, like Iron Man. That's the one thing that I don't like about all the Batman films so far. He always has ONE suit in the Batcave, and when he does have more than one suit like in Batman Returns, they're all the same.

I guess that was part of his mystique. No matter what happens or who he's up against he can handle it because he's the Batman!

Have fun Irish, will miss your rumor control!
And if you happen to meet Zack, please tell him there's two kids and their father who loved MoS and BvS. I hope he doesn't compromise his vision.

Back