just cancelled Jabba..... *snif*

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
gdb said:
You can't send him back for the refund. Shipping is too much. If you still feel this way after he's been displayed for a couple months... look to eBay or try him as tradebait. But hey, he's still a watershed figure in the Star Wars line. I think of him as a European car. Beautiful to look at, a status symbol, but possibly higher upkeep. When you get him, post some pics of him facing off with ED 209. I'd love to see that.:D

You got it gdb! It will help alleviate some of this guilt.

wow a bunch of people dropping out that I never expected would. I guess the sheer size and price is just a bit much for the 1:6 room?

I just cancelled mine. In the end I just wasn't as excited about him as I should have been. Too much money, not enough greatness. See through Sue Storm here I come.

if it was just buyers guilt I had.... hell, I could live with that :rotfl

I'm not even sure when it arrived that I'd physically have the money (accounts and credit cards pretty much at their limits right now) but even if I did physically have the cash.... it's more of a "I can't expect her to cut back on things, and then go out and spend £260 on the Jabba set up for myself" ..thing. lol

There's no way I could have cancelled out on Jabba, even if I'd had to have sold off some of the other prizes of my collection. I've been dreaming of a sixth-scale Jabba with his throne for twenty-four years, so I could not be denied.

Hunky, I think you made the right choice. It's a hard choice, but shows the kind of maturity that makes relationships LAST. Good for you, and I don't mean that to sound condescending.

Jabba is certainly tyhe first toy I've been compelled to spend this much money on, and it'd freak me out a lot more if I had to pay for him all at once, but business has been good, and I can swing the Flex-Pay on the throne.

I'm really looking forward to Jabba, but I'd like to think I could make the same choice if I had to.

By the way, I'm researching ways to make his arms ball-jointed. :D

thanks Mikey..... and good thinking on the arms! Before I cancelled I was thinking about ways to put glass eyes in there :lol

we just can't leave things alone can we

hunky_artist said:
thanks Mikey..... and good thinking on the arms! Before I cancelled I was thinking about ways to put glass eyes in there :lol

we just can't leave things alone can we

Nope. :lol

It's gotten so bad that I'm actually dissappointed when there's nothing to fix, i.e. Kit Fisto, Legolas (for the most part), Darth Maul, and Bib Fortuna. Sure, there are little touch-ups here or there, but those figures came out so gorgeous, there's not really much more I can do but pose and diaplay. Sigh.

yeah.... apart from the opening and taking out "christmas!!!" lol my favourite part is figuring out what can i do to make this better... and then doing it

i feel a sense of let down when there's nothing to do too. I thought there was nothing on Maul... but at least I got to touch up his lipstick :lol

Well it's not something to improve, but Hunky with your sculpting skills, maybe you could make an open mouth Maul sculpt, that'd be cool.

I admire your honesty, man. No worries, you know Jabba's fat arse will show up somewhere for sale in the future: either here or at eBay.

I myself, have had to sit down and think long and hard about the purchases I am making, so I finally put my foot down and forced myself into a budget and made a few cancellations. I also plan to use my rewards points to soften the blow to my checking account.

Back