Johnny Depp gets $56 million for Pirates 4

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did you read the article? It's 32million in pounds, dude.

$56m? Are you friggin kidding me? And people say Will Smith gets bank for his flicks.

It is in pounds because Johnny Depp is no longer an American. He did what everyone said they wanted people to do. He didn't like where the country was headed so he took his family and moved to France. So the money he is paid will be US tax free for him (don't know if france has taxes).

Actually, in my thought, the existing payroll situation would exist, just dramatically decreased. The A-Rods and Depps of the world would still be the highest paid in their profession, but how much they'd be earning would be at a more rational level.

I just get perplexed when the news is full of panic messages over money situations and then along comes some news like this. Depp's got a great life as far as monetary things he could buy, probably well more than enough, he doesn't need so much. If everyone in the U.S. took home $100,000 a year we could all live really nice life-styles, but it's out of whack.

As has been said, entertainers have us by the balls, we don't like that they're paid what they're paid, but at the same time, what they provide gives us an escape from our lives so we rely on them. It's a viscious circle.

Also if we all brought home 100 grand a year then milk would cost 300 dollars a gallon. 100 dollars would be the new 1 dollar bill.

Pardon me but when was the last time anyone passed up their last raise and said "You know, I can afford a 1 bedroom house and a small car on my salary I don't need anymore money, give it to a more needy employee."?

I love movies and all, but what a waste of major money when the country is in an economic crisis. The bailout should draw money from resources like this. There's tons of money out there just sitting around waiting to be signed over to people and so much goes to one person just to do something he has fun doing.

Government should invokes laws on entertainment venues like sports and film, etc. to control what sort of money people get and use the rest to irradicate homelessness and things like that.

If you really feel that way, this free market system driven country is not for you.

Even now $100K a year isn't very much. If you only make $100K in SoCal it would be difficult to buy a nice house in a nice neighborhood.

Holy ****. I just saw this and my mouth hit the floor. As the economy spirals downward towards the worst situation in our lifetime a movie studio has the balls to hand out $56 million to an actor for one film. I love Depp and I loved the first Pirates film, but this makes me not even want to see Pirates 4. Absolutely ridiculous!!!

It's so ridiculously overkill. I like Depp and all, but he's not that good, honestly, think of how much more things that money could do for the world. Uh actors in general are sooooooooooo overpaid.*note, i, myself, am an actor and can even admit this* :p

It is in pounds because Johnny Depp is no longer an American. He did what everyone said they wanted people to do. He didn't like where the country was headed so he took his family and moved to France. So the money he is paid will be US tax free for him (don't know if france has taxes).

I don't think Depp moved his family to France, they've always been there. Depp's lady is French and he met her there. And Depp is an American cause he was born here, unless he denounced his citizenship, which I never heard of.

Alot of British actors move here to avoid taxes, so I doubt he lives in France to avoid them. They probably don't pay as much as you think. Alot of loop holes I'm sure with all the overseas filming.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with Depp getting that much. Who else should get it? The producers? Depp IS Jack Sparrow and he's made Disney well over a billion dollars. 56 million is a bargain if you ask me.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with Depp getting that much. Who else should get it? The producers? Depp IS Jack Sparrow and he's made Disney well over a billion dollars. 56 million is a bargain if you ask me.

I just wonder if this 56 million is just a promised percentage of the movie. I know he had a percentage of the other Pirate movies and everything else (toys, etc.) that went with it. I'm sure in the long run he made more than 56 million on the other ones.

Back