Pirates of the Caribbean 5: Dead Men Tell No Tales

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Pirates of the Caribbean 5: On the Search for More Money

Eh. Davy had a good run. But they need a better villain then that travesty called Blackbeard.

What a horrible disappointment. He did nothing the entire film.

Blackbeard...so disappointing. Great actor, wasted.

I want the rest of the black pearl crew back. I know they suggested they all died when Blackbeard attacked...but, meh. They can easily bring em back

Well, if they want to spin things up, I suggest they add some other real life pirates to the mix.

Calico Jack Rackham & Anne Bonny could be an interesting pair. Jack could be the dashing, less silly anti-Sparrow that shares a rivalry with Depp's Jack Sparrow. Anne Bonny could be in the middle for a potential love triangle side-romance. It could deal with Calico Jack and Sparrow teaming up. You just need a good actor for Calico Jack to have some great chemistry with Depp.

There's also Black Bart, Edward England, Henry Morgan, William Kidd to name a few. And if Pirates wants to get bold and Disney can do it, they can blend over with Robert Louis Stevenson's "Treasure Island" and introduce Long John Silver, Captain Flint and Jim Hawkins

It wouldn't surprise me if they threw Captain Hook into the mix after the success of Once Upon a Time has had with mashing stories together :dunno

Well, if they want to spin things up, I suggest they add some other real life pirates to the mix.

I was surprised to learn that some of the pirates on the Brethren Court in AWE were based off of real pirates, specifically Mistress Ching.

Calico Jack Rackham & Anne Bonny could be an interesting pair. Jack could be the dashing, less silly anti-Sparrow that shares a rivalry with Depp's Jack Sparrow. Anne Bonny could be in the middle for a potential love triangle side-romance. It could deal with Calico Jack and Sparrow teaming up. You just need a good actor for Calico Jack to have some great chemistry with Depp.

There's also Black Bart, Edward England, Henry Morgan, William Kidd to name a few. And if Pirates wants to get bold and Disney can do it, they can blend over with Robert Louis Stevenson's "Treasure Island" and introduce Long John Silver, Captain Flint and Jim Hawkins

I like this. I like this a lot.

Hey anyone remember this other disney pirate movie? :lol

MV5BMTQ0NTMwMzAyNV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNDg3MTQ4MQ@@._V1_SY317_CR5,0,214,317_.jpg

It was recently announced that Joachim Ronning and Espen Sandberg, the directors behind Best Foreign Language Feature nominee "Kon-Tiki," would be directing the fifth (!) "Pirates of the Caribbean" feature, loosely slotted to be part of Disney's unstoppable 2015 slate. (Rob Marshall directed the billion-dollar-grossing fourth film "Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides"). We asked Bruckheimer what made him so sure that the relatively unknown filmmakers could tackle such a beloved (not to mention lucrative) franchise."We saw their movie early on, maybe six months ago, and I saw some of their other work, which I thought was terrific. That convinced me," Bruckheimer explained. "They were interested in doing it and they flew over and we showed them a script that we were working on and they had really amazing ideas." The producer also offered a progress report on the project: "Last Friday they came to Hollywood and settled in and started working on it. We're hiring production designers now and it's moving forward."Bruckheimer said that the fifth film would maintain the previous movies' mixture of high seas adventure and supernatural horror ("Absolutely"). We had been told that at least part of the new movie would be set in America, specifically New Orleans, which Bruckheimer sort-of confirmed. "We're certainly going to be filming in Louisiana because of the tax breaks and I think there might be a sequence there," Bruckheimer said. Before quickly adding: "But it will also be set in the Caribbean, obviously."

(From Indiewire)

I read this on a potc site...
Turns out the Queen Anne's Revenge (Black Pearl) was transported from Hawaii to St. Thomas.From the pic below, it was hauled out of the water to be transported by a cargo ship (so it won't actually be sailing there on its own, but instead, transported by the bigger cargo ship).**
Black-Pearl-665x308.jpg
You can see that all the peripherals of the QAR have been stripped (masts, even the stern gallery and much of the extra decor which distinquished it as the QAR instead of the Pearl.* Basically, it is stripped down back to being THE PEARL except they didn't replace the Pearl-specific Stern/Gallery.** HOWEVER, it still retains the Skeloton bowsprite figurehead of the QAR, which has not been removed nor replaced back with the BlackPearls' angel figurehead, and still has the red paint....for now.So, is it going back to the Caribbean for more filming?If it is to be used for filming again, Will it be re-assembled as the Black Pearl? *Or the QAR?https://hunter45ccyacht.blogspot.com/2013/04/puerto-rico-love-it-4th-9th-april.html
bppir2.jpg
bppir.jpg
blackpearl.jpg

Great News. I welcome another Pirates movie (hopefully with the cast of the Black Pearl crew). They don't have to do much. Just be there!!!

OST was bad but not as bad as AWE, but never the less, I'll still pay my $9.50 to see dear ol' Captain Jack. ♥

THey keep making them, I'll keep watching them.

A Treasure island crossover could be really cool .

And I'd not say no to a James Hook cameo either.

Hell, Send Capt Jack to neverland.

They should introduce the Scarecrow of Romney Marsh in the next one and spin him off into his own movies. For those not familiar with this character he was a Robin Hood type legend who was also known as Doctor Syn. He was a Vicar who would dress as a scarecrow and steal from the rich to help the poor. Disney did a movie it the sixties with Patrick McGoohan. It was released in America as a two or three part miniseries on the Disney tv show. Overseas it was edited into a theatrical movie. Disney put the Scarecrow into one of their comic stories about Jack Sparrow. That would be an interesting direction.

I read this on a POTC board....
Preproduction to start September 2013.Original link

The compass of "Captain Jack Sparrow" - main character in the Pirates of the Caribbean saga, played by Johnny Depp - always guide to the place where he most wants to be, and at this time there is Puerto Rico.Reliable sources confirmed that Time Trial stage production of the fifth sequel to the multimillion-dollar franchise from Walt Disney Pictures, will start in September this year. Also, the cast of the film - including Johnny Depp - come to the island between January and February 2014 to begin filming.Roosevelt Roads Naval Base in Ceiba, will host and main location filming Pirates of the Caribbean 5.First Time knew also that Disney will do most of the filming of Pirates 5 in said town because, in addition to providing access to recorded scenes where sea, also have at their disposal docks and ample space to recreate a village with several taverns. The base isolated environment is ideal also for sequences that require the use of explosives and demolition of structures built for the film.The construction process to create the atmosphere you want Disney in Roosevelt Roads require at least three months. That's why the film company did not begin filming until early 2014.The step he took to film Walt Disney Pictures Pirates of the Caribbean 5 in Puerto Rico was final at that point and that company paid the required fees. At the beginning, the process was delayed because, at one point, Disney had doubts about the tax credits offered in Puerto Rico, situation was clarified.But Walt Disney Pictures is not the only company that had laid at Roosevelt Roads eye for the filming of an ambitious production.The NBC also perform much of the filming of the pilot of his Crossbones Pirate series in this naval base.

I'm sure Depp and Disney for that matter is anxious to jump back into the Pirate waters after the last few flops. I really hope that they get back into the vain of the first film or even the second for the new set.

Depp has a few more movies he's working on, including The Night Stalker from the old tv series.

I loved Kolchak the Night Stalker. I don't know if Depp can top the dad from A Christmas Story, though.

He's doing a Kolchak movie?! I definitely don't see him as Carl Kolchak.

Back