Action Figure Joaquin Phoenix "JOKER" Speculation Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D5DD37ED-8B44-4BAA-BC20-2117DBB930CC.jpg
C1D40AC6-01A6-4ABE-9D45-F301DCB00B95.jpg

After seeing all the pics and videos of the SWTOYS joker...i finally caved and picked one up. The head sculpt alone was worth the 112 euros(inc shipping) i paid...it looks fantastic and really captures Phoenix from the movie...

Alas the rest of the figure is very hit and miss...the body being the worst part as it's a generic narrow shoulder which is way too big and bulky so needs swapping out (as do the shiny hands)...and the cut of the suit is again all wrong and doesn't sit particularly well.
The shoes though are excellent and very accurate. Shirt and vest too look great...

For those interested the pic below has the SWTOYS sculpt,suit,vest and shoes with the TOYSERA shirt on a Disney Krennic body...hands are from the OVERTOYS joker...

I'm tinkering around with things to see what combo i prefer:)

DSC_0004.jpg

DSC_0037.JPG

My reworked (again!:)) and final joker...

Sculpt- SWTOYS...Repainted the eyes and dulled down the clown paint

Suit- TOYS CENTER...Brought-in(narrowed) the shoulders and turned-up(shortened) the arms and legs

Shirt- TOYSERA

Vest- SWTOYS

Shoes- SWTOYS... Painted over the black parts with clear gloss

Body- BCS DR WHO VERSION...Modified

Flowers and Cigarette - SWTOYS

DSC_0056.JPGDSC_0061.JPGDSC_0063.JPGDSC_0072.JPGDSC_0094.JPG

I really need to check to see what/if Creg customs has for preorder, I really need a sculpt with some expressions. The TE one is just OK I think. Most of the others like the Bullet Head don't look terrific.

Are there any us retailers that sell ankle pegs? I had to use one of my legs from my arthur figure on another one of my figures and I had ordered a set, but it been stuck in China airport for two weeks now.

Hello, I just ordered a SW Toys Joker figure, what kind of hands I could buy to replace the original bad painted hands?
What else do you suggest me to buy to modify the doll to make it more precise? I would be grateful for the tips :pray:

I really need to check to see what/if Creg customs has for preorder, I really need a sculpt with some expressions. The TE one is just OK I think. Most of the others like the Bullet Head don't look terrific.

Imo Cregs sculpts are some some of the best Phoenix Joker sculpts. He offers several different expressionS so you def have options. If you need paint check out Onesixthvisage on IG. Looks like he has painted several of them.

Imo Cregs sculpts are some some of the best Phoenix Joker sculpts. He offers several different expressionS so you def have options. If you need paint check out Onesixthvisage on IG. Looks like he has painted several of them.

Thanks, yeah I've been looking. FYI to anyone else he changed his FB group to his name, Dean Tolliver Studios and created a website to buy the heads:

https://dean-tolliver-studios.myshopify.com/

I feel like I need the closed eye sad clown and the Murray Show smiling one. I'm trying to remember when he does a closed eyes smiling look?

Finally got my toys era from tns figures. Im actually super impressed with it for the price. All the sculpts have that gloss that makes it look like he has tears in his eyes. There?s also this super subtle drop right under his eye lid on the head with the drippy blue on the left eye.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My reworked (again!:)) and final joker...

Sculpt- SWTOYS...Repainted the eyes and dulled down the clown paint

Suit- TOYS CENTER...Brought-in(narrowed) the shoulders and turned-up(shortened) the arms and legs

Shirt- TOYSERA

Vest- SWTOYS

Shoes- SWTOYS... Painted over the black parts with clear gloss

Body- BCS DR WHO VERSION...Modified

Flowers and Cigarette - SWTOYS

View attachment 494074View attachment 494075View attachment 494077View attachment 494076View attachment 494078

How did you full down the make up exactly?

With all of the awesome new Queen Studios Jokers being revealed, got a feeling Hot Toys may drop something this month!

This means JND Studios, Queen studios (multiple, 1/3, Life-size bust, half-scale bust) and Prime1 x Blitzway all have officially liscenced items, if Hot Toys don't drop this month then they probably won't do it.

As it stands I'm 80% on getting the JND and then 100% if QStudios does rooted hair 1/3. Then I'll be out of the game for a while I think. Probably helps that not many films are arriving in the next year or so.

Maybe, or that quote about Howard simply not caring about this version of the Joker were really true.

Maybe, or that quote about Howard simply not caring about this version of the Joker were really true.

Which quote is that? Did I miss something?

I liked Leto Joker... but I can't possibly imagine how Chan would have created three Leto Jokers of a controversial portrayal as opposed to a highly praised and very interesting Joker which would sell like hot cakes, just look at the myriad of 3rd party releases including a 1/4 scale version, c'mon Howard! Give me thing I want!

Which quote is that? Did I miss something?

I liked Leto Joker... but I can't possibly imagine how Chan would have created three Leto Jokers of a controversial portrayal as opposed to a highly praised and very interesting Joker which would sell like hot cakes, just look at the myriad of 3rd party releases including a 1/4 scale version, c'mon Howard! Give me thing I want!

Absolutely agree with this. Maybe they'll show at NYCC. If they don't there, then I don't see them doing it, but who knows. They didn't show hardly anything at SDCC that wasn't ready for a preorder immediately.

Absolutely agree with this. Maybe they'll show at NYCC. If they don't there, then I don't see them doing it, but who knows. They didn't show hardly anything at SDCC that wasn't ready for a preorder immediately.

Ronin.jpg

Take the quote with a grain of salt, but if I recall correctly it was from someone at one of the overseas Hot Toys events that met Howard - this was around the time someone asked him about Cyborg who he revealed had been cancelled. I’m pretty sure it was in one of the Facebook groups like One Sixth Society but it has to be buried by now.

Back