Statue JND Studios: Wonder Woman 1984 (Gadot) - Golden Eagle Armor 1:3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Try and find local acrylics company that creates displays for commercial companies. I have one in my city that makes acrylic cases made to measure, granted they?re not cheap, but they?re custom/clean acrylic covers with no assembly.

I first started with these, but I found them too cumbersome to use whenever I wanted to change my collection up (positioning or even an interchangeable part) as the covers where heavy (6mm) and somewhat unwieldy to lift off of the piece. They’re okay, but I think my collection just grew too big for covers to be practical. And then became impossible once I went to 1/3 scale as I didn’t have enough clearance anymore to lift the cover over the statue/s without a lot of twisting and bending.

I first started with these, but I found them too cumbersome to use whenever I wanted to change my collection up (positioning or even an interchangeable part) as the covers where heavy (6mm) and somewhat unwieldy to lift off of the piece. They?re okay, but I think my collection just grew too big for covers to be practical. And then became impossible once I went to 1/3 scale as I didn?t have enough clearance anymore to lift the cover over the statue/s without a lot of twisting and bending.

Fair enough. I did get a cover for my Prime1 Ivy, i admit, it?s tricky to get it over the statue considering the weight of the case, i can do it, but i use all my strength to lift it high enough. Thankfully i won?t need to do that again until i get a new house in around 5 years lol.

And with its small base, it?s not much bigger than a 1/4 statue. Its footprint is absolutely tiny in comparison to my other 1/3 scale statues. When I get it in I?ll probably put it in a Besta/Stuva to keep out the dust.

With a gorgeous piece like this one, that's going to be one hell of a display.

Don't sweat it. Didn't say I had any plan to get it. Just said it was gorgeous ...and it was good enough to tempt me to dabble in 1/3. If it's all gone ...oh well.

Yep I love these pieces but to try to order when they won't be out for a while, and I may not even love the film when it eventually gets released, is too much of a risk to me

I want an expensive high end piece like this one day, but not yet

This statue is available at Secret Compass for $2200 w/free shipping for anyone that missed out. I don't expect it will last long.

Darn FOMO. wish I had known Secret Compass would carry instead of preordering at SpecFic.

Could of saved nearly $200 in CA sales tax since SC are based in Colorado.

Darn FOMO. wish I had known Secret Compass would carry instead of preordering at SpecFic.

Could of saved nearly $200 in CA sales tax since SC are based in Colorado.

Main thing is you've got it ordered! I reckon, if they can pull off each release, these will be highly sought after, and grails around the world. Better to lose potential savings in securing one than to miss out!

Main thing is you've got it ordered! I reckon, if they can pull off each release, these will be highly sought after, and grails around the world. Better to lose potential savings in securing one than to miss out!

That is true - cannot put a price in peace of mind.

Everything is 20/20 in hindsight.

This looks absolutely breathtaking, although for the price I don't know why they aren't including the wings. Too bad it's not 1:4 scale. I don't want to start a new scale, although I still have the Cinemaquette Predator, Terminator T-800 and TX, so conceivably I could add this to the movie line. Anyone know if they have more 1:3 scale DC and/or Marvel characters in the works?

Well couldn?t pull the trigger. I was at the final payment button from ordering it from secret compass but the price. Anyhow maybe when they release regular outfit I might get it then. Anyhow good looking statue either way. Congrats for all people who ordered it.

This looks absolutely breathtaking, although for the price I don't know why they aren't including the wings. Too bad it's not 1:4 scale. I don't want to start a new scale, although I still have the Cinemaquette Predator, Terminator T-800 and TX, so conceivably I could add this to the movie line. Anyone know if they have more 1:3 scale DC and/or Marvel characters in the works?

I’m happy not having the wings. It will make it much easier to display. The wings can look good but plenty of other companies are already doing that look. I can guarantee that they wouldn’t “include them” for this price though, they would certainly charge more. I believe JND said they were making these 1/3 scale because they couldn’t get the detail they wanted if they went with a smaller scale.

They’re going to be making more 1:3 statues. The next one is Heath Ledger’s Joker from the Dark Knight. Pretty clear that they have the license for DC characters but they haven’t previewed anything Marvel related so they may not have that license.

I?m guessing they didn?t include the wings so they could make it somewhat affordable.

I’m happy not having the wings. It will make it much easier to display. The wings can look good but plenty of other companies are already doing that look. I can guarantee that they wouldn’t “include them” for this price though, they would certainly charge more. I believe JND said they were making these 1/3 scale because they couldn’t get the detail they wanted if they went with a smaller scale.

They’re going to be making more 1:3 statues. The next one is Heath Ledger’s Joker from the Dark Knight. Pretty clear that they have the license for DC characters but they haven’t previewed anything Marvel related so they may not have that license.

I’m not sure if adding the wings would have necessarily added to the price, since it’s all relative. That said, I went ahead and pulled the trigger since I don’t want to be trying to hunt it down in the secondary. The level of craftsmanship and detail is flat out amazing. I agree, 1:3 seems to be a sweet spot scale when it comes to likenesses plus rooted/punched hair. I had been considering 1:1 busts, but maybe the more display-friendly hyperrealistic 1:3 movie scale will take off. A 1:3 Ledger Joker sounds pretty cool. I’ve been looking at Queen Studios’s 1:3 Heath Ledger and Joaquin Phoenix Jokers. I may order the deluxe Phoenix version, however I’d prefer to have a standing Ledger Joker with purple top coat as opposed to the interrogation version. Plus I’m not interested in their 1:3 Bale Batman. Queen Studios has the 1:2 scale Aquaman and upcoming 1:2 scale Wonder Woman (with wings), but those are too large. Right now Queen Studios’s product mix is all over the place—Ultimate, 1:1, 1:2, 1:3, 1:4, cartoony. However, since they have both Marvel and DC licenses they might end up producing cohesive 1:3 Avengers and Justice League line ups, which would be great. Maybe someone will pick up the 1:3 Star Wars license and produce a hyperrealistic line.

Back