Statue JND Studios: Wonder Woman 1984 (Gadot) - Golden Eagle Armor 1:3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Your photos look great! Glad to hear you are happy with her :)

I figured paying up was the only way I was going to get one of these...
and I would have to guess she will only continue to go up in price from now on.

JND seems like they have a great handle on things and are definitely setting
the bar crazy high for anyone else making statues of movie characters in 1/3 scale.

Incredibly happy, I have no doubt that you will be too. It's one thing seeing great photos or videos, but to view it in person is incredible. And to have two of these statues lined up together, it's like having a mini studio movie museum in my room. Used to be you had to visit prop galleries to see such things, now to actually own these in the quality they are is incredible.

Expensive pieces worth every penny.

Pretty Sweet AllHail. Congrats. This is a stunning piece.

Which display case is that?
I'm planning on one of these days to own a JND Piece.
Thank you! Display Case is made by myself, here you can see it better! I got made 3 of them.
I had made a cool SW Case back in the days for my 3PO & R2 LSFs
and pictures from the box and inside

Attachments

• DSCI5182.JPG
    DSCI5182.JPG
    217.2 KB · Views: 127
  • DSCI3344.JPG
    DSCI3344.JPG
    111.7 KB · Views: 126
  • DSCI5360.JPG
    DSCI5360.JPG
    125.8 KB · Views: 128
  • DSCI5268.JPG
    DSCI5268.JPG
    198.7 KB · Views: 112
  • DSCI5269.JPG
    DSCI5269.JPG
    232.3 KB · Views: 91
  • DSCI5270.JPG
    DSCI5270.JPG
    165.7 KB · Views: 115
  • DSCI5271.JPG
    DSCI5271.JPG
    170.3 KB · Views: 110
  • DSCI5272.JPG
    DSCI5272.JPG
    115.5 KB · Views: 105
  • DSCI5273.JPG
    DSCI5273.JPG
    198.5 KB · Views: 128
Last edited:
Just opened mine up, and facing a natural light source holy hell. It is stunning. The step-up in paint application on the face is incredible and a lot more naturlistic.

The armour and posing are killer, I do still prefer the proto paint application of the armour of what we got, I think it looks a lot more regal. But the variations in colours of the gold depending on where you look at it/where the light is hitting looks incredible, especially on the under armour - looking from side to side each piece changing from a bright gold to a dull brown and back again.

Incredible piece to own. She's a lot taller than Arthur Fleck is! Can't wait to get the Joker in next also, three for three! Skipped on Catwoman, got Harley on order. These pieces are dangerous, though. Super expensive, super realistic and the highest form of collecting movie characters in any scale, and super addictive to get. Especially due with space, weighting and display options, really going to have to be selective now.
She should be taller given that Gal Gadot is 5’ 10” and Joaquin Phoenix is 5’ 8”. So kudos to these statues being correctly scaled. Congrats, she’s stunning.

Hey GaryPool... Just curious what to make of today's YouTube video by BSC
About this piece being super light weight. Since you have it in hand, is it?
Does it feel cheap?
So Arthur fleck is heavy AF. Wonder woman is less heavy but still heavy. It mostly comes from the base, the actual statues before pegged in are hefty, but the bases are weighty, none of it feels cheap. If you have one on order you'll see for yourself.

WW obviously doesn't have any mixed media as an outfit, but the paint quality is superb, the amount of colours contained in the pigment that interact with the light and shadows is phenomenal. The tailoring on AF is outstanding, it literally fits as it would a person - there's absolutely nothing cheap feeling about both these pieces, from the weight to the execution of every process (silicone skin, paint app, glass eyes, posing, weight).

I've got these two pieces in front of me now, and it's safe to say that JND have placed themselves as the Hot Toyd of this field - realistic statues. I don't like 1/1 or 1/2, but even out of them all they produce the best. You get the whole figure in what is my opinion the best scale, with the best paint apps and attention to detail.

As far as I'm concerned, no other company comes close to JND in what they try to achieve - hyper-real statues. But to get them at this quality at this scale is astounding. I would sell all my Hot Toys for these, no question. I hope they hold up for a very long time. The skin texture on them alone is amazing. I can't wait to see the dentures on Harley, having glass eyes, silicone skin and a layered mouth will be uncanny.

WW is more uncanny than AF. I feel like they overdid AF a little bit in terms of paint app, in certain lighting you can see the darker pigments stand out more than the rest of the skin tones, with WW it all looks natural in any lighting without any oddities. AF is still phenomenal, I just think they overdid it a bit with him and have learned how to apply the paint better in a more subdued way.

Excellent! Looking forward to receiving mine. Word is that US distributors will be receiving their shipments in September. I paid off the balance in anticipation.

This piece looks amazing. Congrats to those lucky enough to add her to their collections. I’m going to go ahead and start saving my pennies for the day they release her in her traditional outfit.

Just wanted to see if anyone is still looking for one of these Wonder Woman statues,
I have run across some medical issues and am looking to sell mine.

Here is the link to the sales thread on here, if anyone is interested just let me know.

https://www.collectorfreaks.com/threads/jnd-studios-wonder-woman-1984-1-3-statue-318-700.244156/
I would if I could. Hope you find a buyer. Also very sorry you have to let this go-particularly due to medical stuff coming up. Best wishes your way! 👍

Sorry to hear Dino, hope you're back on your feet in no time mate!

Just as an aside, I came here because I got my WW out to dust a little bit and retinker the hair. And wow, in full morning light she's just out of this world. I think it was in the new Bale JND thread I stated why I'm happy paying the price for these even if the accuracy isn't 100%, and I think this piece speaks to that wholly. I much preferred the gold armour from the proto but the levels of gold and bronze and orange and browns you get from the light and the shadows really elevates the piece adding to the realism. And the portrait is outstanding, the skin texture and subtle skin flush and lip stick - the glass eyes are something else. No matter the very slight, and any innacuracies on these will be extremely slight, they are more than made up for by the outstanding realism of these pieces.

In my mind, a perfect scale and the perfect level of care to cater for us seeking the realist portrayal of our favourite characters. The mixed media blows any customs and other companies attempts out of the water, simply because of the nature of silicone alone - no matter how well painted and realistic a plastic head is, just the look, let alone the feel, of the silicone portrait is a step above. The closest I can relate that too perhaps is the comparison between vinyl and digital, with vinyl having a certain warmth to it that brings something else. The real hair silicone and glass eyes bring that edge that I genuinely don't think even the best painted plastic head can bring.

Can't wait for the Joker coming in next month!

Back