Statue JND Studios: Wonder Woman 1984 (Gadot) - Golden Eagle Armor 1:3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yup i got that “$4” shipping, bbts will be sold out by the end of the night. Spec fiction isnt technically “sold out” they still have full prepay available for the taking but you have to be out of your mind to prepay that much in advance.

The full pay was gone over an hour ago already.

And I believe the Spec cost had free shipping, at least to you collectors based in the US.

And prepaying isn’t always a bad idea. It’s cheaper, but this is essentially from a brand new retailer with no proven track record, so there is some risk especially if you’re buying direct.

The full pay was gone over an hour ago already.

And I believe the Spec cost had free shipping, at least to you collectors based in the US.

And prepaying isn?t always a bad idea. It?s cheaper, but this is essentially from a brand new retailer with no proven track record, so there is some risk especially if you?re buying direct.

Damn i didnt realize full prepay was gone too haha people really wanted this badly. Prepay is ok for cheaper statues and (as you mentioned) companies with proven track records, but imo its too much to float up front- unless your rich im not sure the free shipping and ?discount? covers the interest you would make if you invested it. Its a pretty significant interest free loan, but if your wealthy and got money to burn why not. A dollar today is worth more than a dollar tomorrow

Only 4 left at bbts

Update: 2 left at bbts last chance fellas

Update: 1 left code red

Damn i didnt realize full prepay was gone too haha people really wanted this badly. Prepay is ok for cheaper statues and (as you mentioned) companies with proven track records, but imo its too much to float up front- unless your rich im not sure the free shipping and ?discount? covers the interest you would make if you invested it. Its a pretty significant interest free loan, but if your wealthy and got money to burn why not. A dollar today is worth more than a dollar tomorrow

Only 4 left at bbts

Update: 2 left at bbts last chance fellas

Update: 1 left code red

Was there a discount to prepay in full?

Thanks for the BBTS updates.

I wonder about the Asian distributors, but this statue seems to have sold out at most other places within 24 hours.

If you are not tapped into following this hobby on a daily basis, you miss out. I would like to take a break but FOMO.

I'm in a similar boat as you, action figures, then Hot Toys, then 1/4 statues, now 1/3 statues. If the production pieces match the protos then I may have found my grail line and can permanently move away from some of the other lines and scales that I collect.

Edit: Especially Hot Toys. I know it's not an apples to apples comparison, given the scales, medium, and price points but I've collected Hot Toys due to their realistic likeness. If JND studios nails this then there won't be any competition.
I'm with you here. I'm getting to the point in my collecting where a few pieces that are impeccable mean more than many smaller ones that are kewl. Plus I think fewer pieces of characters you REALLY love at the highest quality>>have many items that don't compare.
Ya I was in the same boat in terms of the outfit, when I first saw it I was all set too pass because it wasn't her normal costume- but the statue is so well done and that head sculpt is just way too good to pass up. I honestly don't think they will make another version of Gal- So if you don't like busts (like me) and want this hyper real look then I would jump on this. They seem to like to do these one-off costumes or in Arthur Fleck's case street clothing. Besides the costume looks really well done, its much better then the Queen studios version. I only wish this was shown before I POd that other statue which i now have to cancel and eat the NRD.

If they do make superman, it will be his Clark Kent costume given their track record thus far

True, this is definitely an amazing piece with what looks like the highest available materials currently available. They're definitely setting the bar high. And you're right, they may not make another, but I also don't have FOMO in regards to this one or Arthur Fleck. For my personal collecting, spending this amount has to be on a character I without a doubt 100% absolutely love and while I do really like Gal as WW, I can do without this piece. IF they ever get to Superman (Reeve, Routh or Cavill), Jack Sparrow, Edward Scissorhands, T2 T-800 or Indy then I will have much less of an issue shelling out this much money b/c I would sell all other items I have of those characters to fund the JND version. At that point, it would be pointless to me to have an arguably "inferior" product when I have an amazing representation from JND.

Last edited:
Damn. To think I was going to wait until the end of this month to order also. Huge congratulations to JND. I think they're still sitting on quite a lot of Arthur Fleck, bit of a difficult sell that one - very expensive, first ever product, not the Joker. Not surprised this sold out so quickly, but damn, we're in for a treat in terms of new stuff shown now, they'll be making bank, and making even more with Ledger's Joker.

Glad I got my order in, though! Absolutely can't wait!

Damn. To think I was going to wait until the end of this month to order also. Huge congratulations to JND. I think they're still sitting on quite a lot of Arthur Fleck, bit of a difficult sell that one - very expensive, first ever product, not the Joker. Not surprised this sold out so quickly, but damn, we're in for a treat in terms of new stuff shown now, they'll be making bank, and making even more with Ledger's Joker.

Glad I got my order in, though! Absolutely can't wait!

Did you order from a UK retailer?

Did you order from a UK retailer?

Nah, they mark up heavily, CD for instance has her at ?2,150 I ordered directly from JND at $1,899 which is roughly ?1,500, plus ?120 shipping and 20percent VAT it's ?1944, so cheaper and will get it quicker.

Saw this highlighted on youtube! Holy hell ...this is gorgeous!

If a statue was going to get me to buy 1/3 scale, then it would be this one. Wow!

Saw this highlighted on youtube! Holy hell ...this is gorgeous!

If a statue was going to get me to buy 1/3 scale, then it would be this one. Wow!

And with its small base, it’s not much bigger than a 1/4 statue. Its footprint is absolutely tiny in comparison to my other 1/3 scale statues. When I get it in I’ll probably put it in a Besta/Stuva to keep out the dust.

And with its small base, it’s not much bigger than a 1/4 statue. Its footprint is absolutely tiny in comparison to my other 1/3 scale statues. When I get it in I’ll probably put it in a Besta/Stuva to keep out the dust.

Another reason that I pre-ordered this without hesitation. I like the classy, minimalist base that draws more focus to the character. Other companies, like Prime 1, often get carried away with the bases, making them 50% or more of the statue. I’ve seen many collectors that have Prime 1 pieces with the bases overhanging their shelving units.

Another reason that I pre-ordered this without hesitation. I like the classy, minimalist base that draws more focus to the character. Other companies, like Prime 1, often get carried away with the bases, making them 50% or more of the statue. I’ve seen many collectors that have Prime 1 pieces with the bases overhanging their shelving units.

Honestly I truly love the large diorama type bases.

Like I have both on preorder the 1/2 scale QS Aquaman which looks like it was simply cut out from the movie, and I also have the 1/3 scale Prime 1 piece which I’ve decided to keep because of its very elaborate base.

I love that Aragorn piece more for its elaborate base than the actual figure, as the face could do with some work imo, but Prime 1 rarely improves on their initial prototypes unlike the recent batch of manufacturers who continually make adjustments where needed.

Another reason that I pre-ordered this without hesitation. I like the classy, minimalist base that draws more focus to the character. Other companies, like Prime 1, often get carried away with the bases, making them 50% or more of the statue. I?ve seen many collectors that have Prime 1 pieces with the bases overhanging their shelving units.

Like you said, for a specific piece like this, a minimalist approach works because you do not want a elaborate diorama piece to detract from the gorgeous head sculpt of Wonder Woman and the shiny golden eagle armor.

I believe at least 75% of the reason I was willing to drop two-grand on the JND WW was for their 1:3 recreation of Gal Gadot head/hair. The other 25% was for the armor.

I was looking at the Alita roller ball Prime 1 statue - I was considering getting it but the diorama base is enormous. None of my current cabinets would fit that.

Like you said, for a specific piece like this, a minimalist approach works because you do not want a elaborate diorama piece to detract from the gorgeous head sculpt of Wonder Woman and the shiny golden eagle armor.

I believe at least 75% of the reason I was willing to drop two-grand on the JND WW was for their 1:3 recreation of Gal Gadot head/hair. The other 25% was for the armor.

I was looking at the Alita roller ball Prime 1 statue - I was considering getting it but the diorama base is enormous. None of my current cabinets would fit that.

Yup that thing was ginormous! But it was really scene specific.

If I loved that movie I would’ve contemplated getting that as well, but you definitely need to get something custom made for that.

I would’ve gone all in on those Moducases, but their cost and turnaround has always been a turn off, and I would need to spend a lot to update my current displays which are holding hundreds of pieces. But once I complete my collecting, that may be what I’m spending my cash on, and it’ll allow me to interact with my collection again as I slowly change displays.

I love the bases also, and that they'll be the same for all of them, providing a unity for the whole collection. But they can slightly change the top layer depending on what it is.

I just love these in every regard, the perfect scale, full bodied, great tailoring, phenomenal sculpting and plugged hair. I don't know, I think these are the pinnacle in collecting, for me personally. If these come out shipped like production, it's the game stopper for me. Finessed, classy, hyper-real, uniform, every single box I'd like is ticked. Apart form the price hahahah

I think the base is boring personally, i don?t mind a plain square but at least make it gold or something, especially for that price point.

Yup that thing was ginormous! But it was really scene specific.

If I loved that movie I would’ve contemplated getting that as well, but you definitely need to get something custom made for that.

I would’ve gone all in on those Moducases, but their cost and turnaround has always been a turn off, and I would need to spend a lot to update my current displays which are holding hundreds of pieces. But once I complete my collecting, that may be what I’m spending my cash on, and it’ll allow me to interact with my collection again as I slowly change displays.

If that Alita Roller ball statue got the Iron Studios treatment, at a smaller scale, I'd be down to buy that diorama. I definitely appreciate the beauty of the statue and glad Prime 1 is expanding the Alita line.

I still need to figure out a good display cabinet for this WW84 statue to keep it pristine.

Agreed with the moducase - the long turnaround time is a big turnoff. They must have a really small staff - in some cases, i read people have waited 5-months to nearly a year to get theirs shipped. from what I understand, it's not intuitive to assemble (at least the first one, and it gets easier the more cases you have).

I wish there were more mainstream display case options other than IKEA. I saw a company in Singapore makes some decent glass cabinets but they do not ship to North America.

If that Alita Roller ball statue got the Iron Studios treatment, at a smaller scale, I'd be down to buy that diorama. I definitely appreciate the beauty of the statue and glad Prime 1 is expanding the Alita line.

I still need to figure out a good display cabinet for this WW84 statue to keep it pristine.

Agreed with the moducase - the long turnaround time is a big turnoff. They must have a really small staff - in some cases, i read people have waited 5-months to nearly a year to get theirs shipped. from what I understand, it's not intuitive to assemble (at least the first one, and it gets easier the more cases you have).

I wish there were more mainstream display case options other than IKEA. I saw a company in Singapore makes some decent glass cabinets but they do not ship to North America.

Try and find local acrylics company that creates displays for commercial companies. I have one in my city that makes acrylic cases made to measure, granted they?re not cheap, but they?re custom/clean acrylic covers with no assembly.

Back