Statue JND Studios: The Dark Knight Rises - Catwoman (Anne Hathaway) 1:3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Part of me is wondering how many actual individual units were sold directly to individual collectors? As I?m assuming a large chunk has been put aside for the other distribution channels and the like.

Do the actors get a statue from JND (Hathaway, Phoenix, Gadot)?

Or are they just happy collecting the likeness rights money?

I have seen some celebrity photos pose with a Hot Toys figures of their character but usually it is at some sort of convention - I do not believe I have ever seen one at their house except for maybe Sylvester Stallone.

Do the actors get a statue from JND (Hathaway, Phoenix, Gadot)?

Or are they just happy collecting the likeness rights money?

I have seen some celebrity photos pose with a Hot Toys figures of their character but usually it is at some sort of convention - I do not believe I have ever seen one at their house except for maybe Sylvester Stallone.

I doubt actors care about owning 1/4th statues of themselves.

Great looking statue, but JND are yet to produce one I'm interested in so far. A black suit Superman would be one I'd like to see.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Some actors are collectors. Some of them even personally sign off on the likeness of certain items and not some random studio rep.

Oh i?m sure the occasional actor is a collector, i doubt most are though.

Yeah very few actors actually care that much about the characters they play, to want a statue of themselves. They can afford to get a custom made if they really wanted

I'm sure many actors/actresses are huge narcissists and LOVE to have idealized images of themselves in their homes.

I'm also confident that, for roles in these franchises, likeness approval for any toy/product merchandising is usual standard in their contracts.

It's usually to the company's advantage to comp the celebrity one because (pictures of them with it) will help further sell/legitimize the brand as well as anything.

That's especially true for a newer start up.

I have JND studios WW and DK Joker on pre-order as well but this is now my most anticipated of the three. Looks incredible. Hoping for Bale Bats, Afleck Bats, or Cavill Supes next. Bale Bats the most, even though he’s not the most exciting choice, because it would show that JND is going to at least focus on companion pieces instead of random one-offs.

I would be shocked if HQ isn’t the next statue based off what they said in the reveal video. But I’m absolutely praying for a good Bane wearing his jacket already. Someone, please do this already!

I'm sure many actors/actresses are huge narcissists and LOVE to have idealized images of themselves in their homes.

I'm also confident that, for roles in these franchises, likeness approval for any toy/product merchandising is usual standard in their contracts.

It's usually to the company's advantage to comp the celebrity one because (pictures of them with it) will help further sell/legitimize the brand as well as anything.

That's especially true for a newer start up.

I haven’t really seen any photos of any actors with higher end merchandise that wasn’t at a convention. The last ones I remember were with Jason Momoa.

I haven’t really seen any photos of any actors with higher end merchandise that wasn’t at a convention. The last ones I remember were with Jason Momoa.

There are a few if you look around. I know Arnie and Jackie Chan are big collectors too and sure there are others I am not thinking of.

There are a few if you look around. I know Arnie and Jackie Chan are big collectors too and sure there are others I am not thinking of.

I feel those are exceptions rather than the rule, most actors and actresses see their profession as a job more than anything else

I feel those are exceptions rather than the rule, most actors and actresses see their profession as a job more than anything else

Yeah, I remember I saw an old clip of Harrison Ford and Conan in the early 2000s (it is on Youtube) and he was asked if took any of the Indiana Jones props from the movies.

He basically said why would I need any of that **** lying around my house... I am a very rich man.

I am sure he was being somewhat facetious and trolling the fanboys but it was pretty hilarious.

Harrison also destroyed a Han Solo Hot Toys figure, I believe on Late Night with Jimmy Kimmel.

Harrison Ford really seems to like trolling his fan base. I don’t think that dude gives a **** about much. He does seem to have a real attachment to the character of Indy though since he’s hellbent on continuing to play the character.

Congrats to all who got this! Looks like a really classy piece!

JND jsut told me Batfleck BvS is up for consideration so I'm holding out hope.

I don't want to collect too many of these as I've already got three of them now, but the only others I'd get would be if they did a Brandon Lee Crow, BvS Batman, Superman, and regular armour Wonder Woman. And Phoenix Joker in makeup.

Yeah, I remember I saw an old clip of Harrison Ford and Conan in the early 2000s (it is on Youtube) and he was asked if took any of the Indiana Jones props from the movies.

He basically said why would I need any of that **** lying around my house... I am a very rich man.

I am sure he was being somewhat facetious and trolling the fanboys but it was pretty hilarious.

Harrison also destroyed a Han Solo Hot Toys figure, I believe on Late Night with Jimmy Kimmel.

Lol he was the example I was thinking of too, the way he totally phoned in his return of the jedi performance :lol

Either way, in the context of how many actors buy these statues, I feel the answer is: not to any degree that would make a difference. Although we are all guessing obviously

Back