Statue JND Studios: The Dark Knight - Ledger Joker 1:3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think its funny, people saying he looks old here. People he died, we don't know wtf he looked like LOL. I mean its all subjective. This is the only piece, well this and qs that sets the highest standard for heath joker. I mean the painted jnd, looks almost Identical to the movie shot. So does, qs, the one I don't like is P1 at all.

Lol why do you keep saying we don't know what he looked like because he died? :gah: You know there's a tonne of videos and photographs of him, right? You know that no actor comes in for these studios to take their own references from, they work from film stills and other references?

Really love the behind the scenes video with JND, super excited for Joker, Heath Joker and WW!

Looks more weathered/old than the actual scene, but each time they show more pics/video it looks better. So hoping they can tighten up the likeness even more once it goes to production.

Lol why do you keep saying we don't know what he looked like because he died? :gah: You know there's a tonne of videos and photographs of him, right? You know that no actor comes in for these studios to take their own references from, they work from film stills and other references?

Really love the behind the scenes video with JND, super excited for Joker, Heath Joker and WW!

No some companies take scans of the actors or actresses faces. So lets see you make a statue of someone you have a photograph from. Rather than scanning his face? Not as easy as it seems. Probably one of the hardest things to do. Yet JND and QS make it look like hes jumping off the screen. What do you mean, I keep saying that he died? I said it ONE time dawg!!!

I think its funny, people saying he looks old here. People he died, we don't know wtf he looked like LOL. I mean its all subjective.

I would say JND looks miles a head of this. But again all subjective. However, no company is going to get the likeness dead on because he is gone. No one really knows the true face of joker.

At least twice.

Now to answer some questions - yes I found it funny enough to waste 3 mins searching for other other time you said it.
Yes I remembered you saying it, because it's such a peculiar and strange thing to say and then double down on it that it stuck in my head.
No I'm not ragging on you, just thought it was really funny because it creates this weird mystical 'did he ever even exist now that's he's not with us any more intrigue' about him, because most companies actually do not scan the actors heads, they use multiple references of which there are many of Heath Ledger and his Joker and use artistry to fill in the gaps.

Just having a bit of fun. :rotfl

At least twice.

Now to answer some questions - yes I found it funny enough to waste 3 mins searching for other other time you said it.
Yes I remembered you saying it, because it's such a peculiar and strange thing to say and then double down on it that it stuck in my head.
No I'm not ragging on you, just thought it was really funny because it creates this weird mystical 'did he ever even exist now that's he's not with us any more intrigue' about him, because most companies actually do not scan the actors heads, they use multiple references of which there are many of Heath Ledger and his Joker and use artistry to fill in the gaps.

Just having a bit of fun. :rotfl

I know the old Gentle GIant artemisia that I have was scanned from the actresses face. Came out excellent. Very sought after. Damn I said it twice? I can't remember, I have epilepsy so I forget things a lot.

According to what the owner of JND said in their show & tell vid, JND will show a production sample with some improvements in April or May.

I really hope they don't change much, I personally love the portrait (even though I understand what people are saying but I think it looks awesome). The only thing I haven't liked about JND are the hairlines. I also haven't liked what I've seen of their Arthur Fleck in hands, I feel it has dropped quite a lot from prototype

I really hope they don't change much, I personally love the portrait (even though I understand what people are saying but I think it looks awesome). The only thing I haven't liked about JND are the hairlines. I also haven't liked what I've seen of their Arthur Fleck in hands, I feel it has dropped quite a lot from prototype

I agree, Arthur fleck didn't turn out that great, I hope they do TDK Joker justice.

I agree, Arthur fleck didn't turn out that great, I hope they do TDK Joker justice.
I don?t think Fleck came out much worse compared to the prototype, rather than it?s just a boring piece kind of. It?s basically a well made statue of Joaquin Phoenix. Their WW looks fantastic, and obviously this is the best Joker in 1/3 scale made, IMO. I also really appreciate the tailoring on this piece aside from the sculpt. It really looks like the most accurate and detailed Ledger outfit we?ve gotten.

I don?t think Fleck came out much worse compared to the prototype, rather than it?s just a boring piece kind of. It?s basically a well made statue of Joaquin Phoenix. Their WW looks fantastic, and obviously this is the best Joker in 1/3 scale made, IMO. I also really appreciate the tailoring on this piece aside from the sculpt. It really looks like the most accurate and detailed Ledger outfit we?ve gotten.

It's the most accurate tailoring for sure. Even the 1:2 Prime suit designed by Kato missed on the pic stitching of the purple coat. It's a small detail, but everyone else has missed it (possibly on purpose?) unless you go the custom route.

I agree, I am so stoked and can not wait for this statue.

Question for anyone who ordered directly from JND and are on the payment plan. Have you received your 5th installment invoice from JND yet?

Not yet, they sometimes seem to come a bit late.
I see. Thanks for that heads up. I still haven't received the invoice so I'm contemplating on using last my last invoice(March) to make the payment and just enter "5th payment" in the notes lol. Hopefully that won't cause any issues.

I see. Thanks for that heads up. I still haven't received the invoice so I'm contemplating on using last my last invoice(March) to make the payment and just enter "5th payment" in the notes lol. Hopefully that won't cause any issues.

I was sent mine today, maybe you got yours too?

Excited to see how the production statue came out.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210807-005013_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20210807-005013_Instagram.jpg
    120.6 KB · Views: 48
I like this one, i like the Prime 1 Bust, i dont like the 1/3rd scale QS Joker.
the best i think is made from QS in 1/4 scale.

Back