Statue JND Studios: The Dark Knight - Ledger Joker 1:3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To insinuate the recast of a CM is better than the original is laughable. The QS was more than half the price of this, so there's plenty of room for it to increase in value. $2500 statues rarely increase in value by even 10% , so I believe your quite wrong.

Disagree, there are plenty of statues and busts in the 2k to 3k range that have shot up significantly in value. There are a lot of people with big money and will only settle for excellent grade statues. Especially of AAA grade movie characters, don't muddle these with characters from average movies.

Even the 5k to 10k range life size aren't immune to big price increases, I know a lot of people willing to pay 10k or even 12k for a near perfect T2 endo rather than 7k for sideshows inaccurate piece. That's double the price for an accurate replica.

I think almost all buyers of this statue are not thinking of ever letting it go, so future value increase whilst a nice 'bonus' most couldn't care less. That said this statue is very unique, it's one of it's own kind and will undoubtedly increase by a big margin in future. There's a bunch of Ledger jokers around but only less than a handful of top quality replicas.

Prime 1s biggest mistake is it's 1/3 scale takes on too much concept, no one remembers concept as much as film accuracy, what's burned in their mind is movie scenes, it's what defines these characters, QS and JND have got it right, they will wipe the floor with their respective releases.

It's a 2008 classic movie, yet 2020 fans keep growing, just watch when old and new fans from 2030 onwards, they will have more money and they will pay top dollar for an excellent, movie accurate figure from a classic film. By that time I bet there will be even more crappy jokers statues around but ironically this just elevates these masterpieces into the elusive category. Don't underestimate the power of economies of scale in this hobby, people will pay top dollar for that extra 1%

Last edited:
Disagree, there are plenty of statues and busts in the 2k to 3k range that have shot up significantly in value. There are a lot of people with big money and will only settle for excellent grade statues. Especially of AAA grade movie characters, don't muddle these with characters from average movies.

Even the 5k to 10k range life size aren't immune to big price increases, I know a lot of people willing to pay 10k or even 12k for a near perfect T2 endo rather than 7k for sideshows inaccurate piece. That's double the price for an accurate replica.

I think almost all buyers of this statue are not thinking of ever letting it go, so future value increase whilst a nice 'bonus' most couldn't care less. That said this statue is very unique, it's one of it's own kind and will undoubtedly increase by a big margin in future. There's a bunch of Ledger jokers around but only less than a handful of top quality replicas.

Prime 1s biggest mistake is it's 1/3 scale takes on too much concept, no one remembers concept as much as film accuracy, what's burned in their mind is movie scenes, it's what defines these characters, QS and JND have got it right, they will wipe the floor with their respective releases.

It's a 2008 classic movie, yet 2020 fans keep growing, just watch when old and new fans from 2030 onwards, they will have more money and they will pay top dollar for an excellent, movie accurate figure from a classic film. By that time I bet there will be even more crappy jokers statues around but ironically this just elevates these masterpieces into the elusive category. Don't underestimate the power of economies of scale in this hobby, people will pay top dollar for that extra 1%

Very well stated.

Thank you very much! Lol, good point. This guy is on sites and talks so much crap. Then when I said something about the prime one statue being no where as good. Then stated it a few times. He started acting like, "don't you just hate people that bash a statue." Yet this guy has done is multiple times on different statues. Hypocritical. Anyways, I knew he would try and say something here. But I am tired of dealing with this guy. He talked so much **** on the iron studios vader. You guys can deal with him. Im out of this. But you know what your talking about he doesn't.

Ledger statues usually go up in value so you can't go wrong with this one most likely; generally speaking, people should be careful about seeing statues as potential investment tho. I've seen plenty of posts claiming figure/staue x will go away for x amount of money once it is sold out which ultimately never happened. some of them work for the company and just hang around on social media or in forums to hype up their products.

I think all 3 statues are good. It's a great time to be a Heath Ledger fan. If I could afford all 3, I would get them. Lol

Thank you very much! Lol, good point. This guy is on sites and talks so much crap. Then when I said something about the prime one statue being no where as good. Then stated it a few times. He started acting like, "don't you just hate people that bash a statue." Yet this guy has done is multiple times on different statues. Hypocritical. Anyways, I knew he would try and say something here. But I am tired of dealing with this guy. He talked so much **** on the iron studios vader. You guys can deal with him. Im out of this. But you know what your talking about he doesn't.

I'm not familiar with this guy and respect that everyones got different opinions but claiming statues in the 2k range don't go up by more 10% doesn't ring right for me. It's like saying Google shares won't go up 10% because they cost too much.

Ultimately got to go with your gut and instinct after all the research and most importantly buy what you love and can afford. I'm not able to get this Ledger but I'm excited for the folks being able to, nothing can replace the joy of collecting a statue you like and I'm still super excited to see my Prime 1 endo (which I spent almost 3k usd) every morning when I wake up :)

I'm also happy that we have QS and JND now in the works. Really hope they make a predator that tops the cinemaquette one as well as terminators that look even more better than the current ones available.

I never said it doesn't happen, but it's very rare. Which pieces are you thinking about? Besides the CM Pred, off of the top of my head, I think the ECC Rosenburg, CM Vader, LSF Spiderman.

lol, Where am I talking crap? I've actually never said anything bad about the IS Vader ever, so now your just making things up. Your the one that goes in every Joker thread bashing the Prime piece and have been called out my multiple people for doing so. You do this over and over again to whom ever questions your opinion, playing a victim like a child. It's called a debate. Get over yourself.

Doesn't happen often, but I wouldn't describe it as very rare.
In addition to the ones you mentioned, Cm pred, cm t-800, qs T2 bust range, transformers megatron, optimus prime and others, P1 dog alien, ledger joker bust, qs loki bust etc. I'm sure theres more out there in genres I'm not familiar with. If JND wonder woman and joker turns out to be as good as their prototypes, they will likely join the list. They (JND) just seem like cinemaquette of the past i.e ahead of the game, for now.

Likewise with prime 1 big chap, that will probably be a winner as the prototype looks awesome.

At the same time there will be a boat load of statues that barely maintain their price or sink lower especially inaccurate ones like sideshow.

The only thing that throws a spanner in the works is black market stuff like recasts, as they can potentially disrupt the market in unpredictable ways.

Last edited:
Doesn't happen often, but I wouldn't describe it as very rare.
In addition to the ones you mentioned, Cm pred, cm t-800, qs T2 bust range, transformers megatron, optimus prime and others, P1 dog alien, ledger joker bust, qs loki bust etc. I'm sure theres more out there in genres I'm not familiar with. If JND wonder woman and joker turns out to be as good as their prototypes, they will likely join the list. They (JND) just seem like cinemaquette of the past i.e ahead of the game, for now.

Likewise with prime 1 big chap, that will probably be a winner as the prototype looks awesome.

At the same time there will be a boat load of statues that barely maintain their price or sink lower especially inaccurate ones like sideshow.

The only thing that throws a spanner in the works is black market stuff like recasts, as they can potentially disrupt the market in unpredictable ways.

I guess it just comes down to the subjective sense of the term rare between other people and I.

-You might have me on the transformers. That's one of the few lines I have never followed in terms of value.
-CM T-800 was under $2k at retail.
-Your right on the QS 1:1 busts. The early ones were extremely limited, but with shipping, some were quite a bit over $3k.
-P1 dog was also under $2k at retail

I also agree with you on JND WW. That one will likely go up quite a bit unless JND double dips and does the same sculpt in her normal armor. The common dominator seems to be the amount of high quality statues of that particular character. I still stand by my opinion that this won't be one of those types of pieces just based on the amount of other high quality Joker interpretations, but we shall see. I wish this was a bank robber version to be honest. We haven't seen one of those yet.

I'm not familiar with this guy and respect that everyones got different opinions but claiming statues in the 2k range don't go up by more 10% doesn't ring right for me. It's like saying Google shares won't go up 10% because they cost too much.

Ultimately got to go with your gut and instinct after all the research and most importantly buy what you love and can afford. I'm not able to get this Ledger but I'm excited for the folks being able to, nothing can replace the joy of collecting a statue you like and I'm still super excited to see my Prime 1 endo (which I spent almost 3k usd) every morning when I wake up :)

I'm also happy that we have QS and JND now in the works. Really hope they make a predator that tops the cinemaquette one as well as terminators that look even more better than the current ones available.

Customs make a lot these days, especially star wars customs. But jnd and QS products sky rocket in value. I have the joker bust from QS. That already is worth quite a bit. I am not in it for the money. I enjoy collecting. Like you said do your research. The QS last joker in cell is already worth a lot. The rooted version. Which I was able to get. However, it is give and take. I stopped with side show. Just better companies now. Anyways, Im telling you star wars customs will always make money.

But I am stoked to own both JND and QS joker. Im just disappointed with the prime one sculpt and this pic pretty much sums it up. People get mad when I keep repeating how unimpressed I am with P1 sculpt. So, this will be the end of it.
View attachment 502771

Personally I think the days of statues going up in value are over. I don't think any of these pieces will be sold for a profit down the line. There will always be something better that comes out. Can't remember the last time I saw a recently released statue sell for more than retail on the aftermarket. I guess it depends what country it's sold in as well.

I think this is especially true for larger pieces as they cost so much to ship.

I guess it just comes down to the subjective sense of the term rare between other people and I.

-You might have me on the transformers. That's one of the few lines I have never followed in terms of value.
-CM T-800 was under $2k at retail.
-Your right on the QS 1:1 busts. The early ones were extremely limited, but with shipping, some were quite a bit over $3k.
-P1 dog was also under $2k at retail

I also agree with you on JND WW. That one will likely go up quite a bit unless JND double dips and does the same sculpt in her normal armor. The common dominator seems to be the amount of high quality statues of that particular character. I still stand by my opinion that this won't be one of those types of pieces just based on the amount of other high quality Joker interpretations, but we shall see. I wish this was a bank robber version to be honest. We haven't seen one of those yet.[/QUOTE)

Well there is a difference between very rare which you previously state compared to rare which you now state. But that's ok to change your stance a little.

Your rationale was that it would be very rare for statues around $2500 to increase by 10% or more because of its high price starting point. You used this price point as a collector on this thread mentioned a retailer was selling the JND for $2500. We all know the JND actual price is $2100 but fair enough, we go by $2500 as some retailers price in shipping, taxes and a little extra for profit margin which would be reasonable.

Using this figure, I think you may clutching at straws by your rationale of the following:

-Yes Cm T-800 was under 2k retail price (from memory around $1500) though that was back in 2006, when money was thicker, factoring inflation, today's equivalent price will be well within the 2k range, similar to JNDs price now. Add shipping and taxes, it'll creep up to $2500, again very comparable to the price of JND if one were to buy from a third party or order it from the parent company.

-P1 alien also factoring inflation would be just under or around 2k, again quite comparable to JND joker in price. Adding shipping and taxes it'll also be around $2500 which again, very similar to the JND price for oversea buyers.

So I think pointing these two out and simply saying their under 2k and not factoring taxes, shipping and inflation but doing so on the JND joker piece is not a fair call and a bit of a stretch.

I also think the both the wonder woman life scale busts will also do well. They retail even more than $2500 by your rationale these would increase even lesser than 2k statues? Not necessarily mate, if these busts get close to the prototype quality, they may go for $5000 in the future especially ones in excellent or near new conditions.

For me the common denominator is not one but of three factors: the character/creature/actor needs to be very much loved, the piece needs to be of very, very high quality (accuracy + asthetics) and numbers are limited editions (as opposed to limitless ones like the old endos from sideshow).

Only QS and JND appear to have hit all 3 marks on this joker, (Prime 1 current 1/3 joker just doesn't quite reach that bench in terms of very, very high quality and I won't mention other companies as they don't come close).

I can understand why collectors think there is an abundance of 'high quality' Ledger joker replicas like yourself, but if you take out all the noise, imho, if we are taking about absolute grail pieces, atm there's only really one standout and one borderline/on the fence standout. QS 1/4 joker is an excellent replica, but it's borderline for me in terms of grail level because ironically the sculptured version may end up hindering the artist version in future value and there are other variants of the grenade pose, whilst JND is truly unique in it's own sense, the clothes, the face, the make up etc it reminds me of the cm t-800 endo and cm predator which were true standouts for their time and still hold well compared to todays statues. Also I wouldn't include P1 half scale joker and QS 1/3 sitting joker as both missed the mark re grail status, there both decent, but JND and to a certain extent QS are simply on another level. Again like comparing cm t-800 to hcg 1/2 scale endo or sideshow 1/4 scale endo, with the latter two being decent, but no grail level.

That said, I do believe Prime 1 can match both JND and QS by simply not releasing so many different types of statues and in such high edition numbers but focus more on quality over quantity.

Personally I think the days of statues going up in value are over. I don't think any of these pieces will be sold for a profit down the line. There will always be something better that comes out. Can't remember the last time I saw a recently released statue sell for more than retail on the aftermarket. I guess it depends what country it's sold in as well.

I think this is especially true for larger pieces as they cost so much to ship.

Haha I wish your statements were true, as I would love to snap up cm endo and cm predator at their original price and even adding on inflation I'll be fine with it, but that is a pipe dream.

'There will be always something better that comes out?' I only wish this were true, especially for the Terminator and Predator line.

Correct it does depend on country to a certain extent, hence why they only target country's who are afforded the privelege to collect and I'm humbled to be able to partake in that privelege.

Customs make a lot these days, especially star wars customs. But jnd and QS products sky rocket in value. I have the joker bust from QS. That already is worth quite a bit. I am not in it for the money. I enjoy collecting. Like you said do your research. The QS last joker in cell is already worth a lot. The rooted version. Which I was able to get. However, it is give and take. I stopped with side show. Just better companies now. Anyways, Im telling you star wars customs will always make money.

But I am stoked to own both JND and QS joker. Im just disappointed with the prime one sculpt and this pic pretty much sums it up. People get mad when I keep repeating how unimpressed I am with P1 sculpt. So, this will be the end of it.
View attachment 502771

You'll be satisfied when you get the JND and QS joker, there both superlative looking. Prime 1 just needed a better head or an option for swap out, it really is a shame as its other features are novel and new.

Agree with sideshow, they never really adapted with the times or perhaps there targeting a different market, maybe both? Definitely not a company I want to spend my dollars on. They still pull the odd one off wonder statue but the chances are very slim, not worth the risk!

Haha I wish your statements were true, as I would love to snap up cm endo and cm predator at their original price and even adding on inflation I'll be fine with it, but that is a pipe dream.

'There will be always something better that comes out?' I only wish this were true, especially for the Terminator and Predator line.

Correct it does depend on country to a certain extent, hence why they only target country's who are afforded the privelege to collect and I'm humbled to be able to partake in that privelege.

I'm talking about new pieces, not classics. No newly released stuff goes up in value. Guaranteed if a new company made a 1:3 high quality end the price of the cinemaquette would plummet.

I'm talking about new pieces, not classics. No newly released stuff goes up in value. Guaranteed if a new company made a 1:3 high quality end the price of the cinemaquette would plummet.

Even the best of the best newly released stuff? Like the P1 dog alien or JND WW84 or P1 megatron or QS loki bust? That confident eh?

It ain't easy to release top notch stuff, has never happened with 1/3 predator or endos even after 15 years. What makes you think it'll happen with 1/3 Ledger scales anytime soon? Or WW84 1/3? Or loki bust? You make it sound so easy, but forget the amount of effort and luck required to produced these things. If they were that easy to beat in quality, I'd like to start a company.

Especially when most companies cost cut, I think you may be underestimating JND use of quality parts and excellent artistry. Also simply throwing money, technology or time (as in years or decades) at a company doesn't mean they can continue to produce masterpieces, you still need very talented people. Without talent and unbreakable determination nothing gets done, nothing gets improved.

Stan Winston has long passed away, but do you see any creature design as awesome as an endo or predator? You don't get talent like him often, in history sometimes for there are voids as long as a century where no talent exists. Progression ain't linear.

For statues, I wish it was as linear as you speak, but it ain't and it'll be a bumpy ride. I think over maybe 15-20 years it may be topped, and that's a big maybe. I'm still waiting for a good predator to beat the cinemaquette and a good 1/4 endo to beat the 1/3 scale, waiting for 15 years and counting. Not as simple as easy as you put it out to be, hence why classics exist.

Even the best of the best newly released stuff? Like the P1 dog alien or JND WW84 or P1 megatron or QS loki bust? That confident eh?

It ain't easy to release top notch stuff, has never happened with 1/3 predator or endos even after 15 years. What makes you think it'll happen with 1/3 Ledger scales anytime soon? Or WW84 1/3? Or loki bust? You make it sound so easy, but forget the amount of effort and luck required to produced these things. If they were that easy to beat in quality, I'd like to start a company.

Especially when most companies cost cut, I think you may be underestimating JND use of quality parts and excellent artistry. Also simply throwing money, technology or time (as in years or decades) at a company doesn't mean they can continue to produce masterpieces, you still need very talented people. Without talent and unbreakable determination nothing gets done, nothing gets improved.

Stan Winston has long passed away, but do you see any creature design as awesome as an endo or predator? You don't get talent like him often, in history sometimes for there are voids as long as a century where no talent exists. Progression ain't linear.

For statues, I wish it was as linear as you speak, but it ain't and it'll be a bumpy ride. I think over maybe 15-20 years it may be topped, and that's a big maybe. I'm still waiting for a good predator to beat the cinemaquette and a good 1/4 endo to beat the 1/3 scale, waiting for 15 years and counting. Not as simple as easy as you put it out to be, hence why classics exist.

I think you missed the point of my post. The market is simply oversaturated with product is what I was getting at. People always think they found their grail piece and then something new comes along, and now they want that instead. I have not sold a statue at a profit in years and I doubt anyone will anytime soon. The second hand market. None of those statues you mentioned will skyrocket in value like you think, not because they aren't good, but again the market is just saturated with product and the statues are already sold at a really expensive price to begin with now, which makes them harder to sell.

I think you missed the point of my post. The market is simply oversaturated with product is what I was getting at. People always think they found their grail piece and then something new comes along, and now they want that instead. I have not sold a statue at a profit in years and I doubt anyone will anytime soon. The second hand market is terrible. None of those statues you mentioned will skyrocket in value like you think, not because they aren't good, but again the market is just saturated with product and the statues are already sold at a really expensive price to begin with now, which makes them harder to sell.

I think you missed the point of my post. The market is simply oversaturated with product is what I was getting at. People always think they found their grail piece and then something new comes along, and now they want that instead. I have not sold a statue at a profit in years and I doubt anyone will anytime soon. The second hand market is terrible. None of those statues you mentioned will skyrocket in value like you think, not because they aren't good, but again the market is just saturated with product and the statues are already sold at a really expensive price to begin with now, which makes them harder to sell.

Hence why we are narrowing down to few of the very best because the bulk majority of statues are crappy as I mentioned before, rarely retain value.

Just because something is new, it's not necessarily better. I never buy into newer is necessarily better otherwise I'd get burned big time in this hobby.

Those statues I mentioned have already gone up, I wouldn't describe it as skyrocket as that's open to interpretation, but for the short time, yes gone up quite a bit.

Megatron has gone up at least 50% of it's base 2k price.
QS T2 Arnie bust has gone up almost 70% in 2 years since release. T-1000 has also gone up and it wasn't even as much in demand.
Loki bust has easily doubled within again a few years from release.
WW84 by JND will also go up and the thing hasn't even been released yet.

Those returns in just 2 years is significant and there's no denying that.
Cinemaquette 1/3 scale is $1500 back in 2006, do you realise that's equivalent to like $2200 in today's price? People still brought that back in 2006 and if we use today's price of $2200 as a base mark, the statue sells for almost 4k, almost double. I ain't even going to mention the cinemaquette predator, even adding cpi that statue price is ridiculous because no company, including prime 1 has been able to beat it.

I don't know what statues you own, but the ones I've mentioned are fact.

I am always a keen learner, care to share and let me know your second hand collection? Especially the ones you've sold for a loss?

Hence why we are narrowing down to few of the very best because the bulk majority of statues are crappy as I mentioned before, rarely retain value.

Just because something is new, it's not necessarily better. I never buy into newer is necessarily better otherwise I'd get burned big time in this hobby.

Those statues I mentioned have already gone up, I wouldn't describe it as skyrocket as that's open to interpretation, but for the short time, yes gone up quite a bit.

Megatron has gone up at least 50% of it's base 2k price.
QS T2 Arnie bust has gone up almost 70% in 2 years since release. T-1000 has also gone up and it wasn't even as much in demand.
Loki bust has easily doubled within again a few years from release.
WW84 by JND will also go up and the thing hasn't even been released yet.

Those returns in just 2 years is significant and there's no denying that.
Cinemaquette 1/3 scale is $1500 back in 2006, do you realise that's equivalent to like $2200 in today's price? People still brought that back in 2006 and if we use today's price of $2200 as a base mark, the statue sells for almost 4k, almost double. I ain't even going to mention the cinemaquette predator, even adding cpi that statue price is ridiculous because no company, including prime 1 has been able to beat it.

I don't know what statues you own, but the ones I've mentioned are fact.

I am always a keen learner, care to share and let me know your second hand collection? Especially the ones you've sold for a loss?

Got examples of anyone buying those at such inflated prices? Or are you referring to eBay ads just sitting there? In Australia I'm not seeing any of those sell for a profit.

It's not that new is better, it's that people are willing to settle for a newer version which can be easily acquired and at a cheaper price. You mentioning the cheap cinemaquette prices is my point. Statues were cheap back then so they had room to go up in value. Now, statues are so expensive, by the time you factor in shipping it's very difficult to break even let alone make money. In Australia I'm always seeing statue sale ads just sitting there or selling for cheap.

My collection is a mix of everything from Sideshow Collectibles, PCS, Blitzway, etc...

Most recent sales that I can remember were my PCS 1:3 scale Ryu and Akuma artist proofs. These statues sold out within minutes when they went up for sale a few years back and were sought after for a while. By the time I sold them I had to sell at a loss otherwise they wouldn't sell. Nothing has replaced them, they are the only versions of those characters in 1:3 scale, it's just that people have moved onto other things. When you have Alien, Terminator, Transformers, DC, Marvel, so many properties and all these new companies, there's too many choices and they are only getting more and more expensive so people are choosing wisely.

Back