JND Studios: The Dark Knight - Bale Batman 1:3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hard disagree here. The statue has a visibly different bone structure. Look at the height of the forehead and how it narrows towards the brow. Bale doesn’t look like that.

Our brains are good at identifying the same face with different expression vs a different face entirely. Otherwise disguises wouldn’t be a thing, we could just walk around making a face and no one would recognize us.

You are free to do so, but I think the bone structure is pretty confluent with the right image when factoring in focal lengths\the other factors I mentioned This gif explains how changing focal length impacts a portrait - DIY Photography I guess we will find out who is right when it's in hand [edit] or if we get some different shots of it.

V V To the two posts below me; that's the expression component rather than likeness\sculpt. I guess some people have difficulty in differentiating the two. I agree and would not have picked it for the dual option, given the choice (I will be only be considering the single Bat costume version) V V

Last edited:
Idk how else to say this, but Bale has a tough looking face. He looks like someone you wouldn’t want to trifle with.

This statue looks like someone who would cry about his news anchor job over a bland spaghetti dinner.

The Bale head is definitely off, however the realism including paint job and hair is amazing, they really nailed that aspect. I do think QS has the better Bale likeness. If that was painted the way this is, it would be perfect. This is still good though and I wouldn't complain if I owned it, he just looks a little sad/worried.

As for the cowl sculpt, I personally think they nailed it. The QS001 is certainly not better. Eyes are too big on that, and the mouth plates never sit right in the cowl. It just looks very toy-like overall. When you take the complete figure into equation, JND has produced the best Batman to date, but the price is hideously expensive for what you get, which is a mostly polystone body for the single version. It should have been cheaper than their previous offerings.

Just ordered the single version - would love to have the double, think it looks phenomenal together and the idea of Bruce Wayne and Batman on the same base as a conflict of character is brilliant. But I would have absolutely nowhere to display that, it would not fit hardly any display case. Happy with the single piece, nice round off to my Nolan Batman from JND, Joker and Batman.

Now, all I need is Joker in makeup, Battfleck, Superman and tradition WW and I'm complete.

Congrats! That has sold out in 12 minutes or less, now just the single version. I couldn't quite justify almost a thousand more for the body and base, but was very close to getting it because it looks phenomenal. It'll be gorgeous!

Congrats! That has sold out in 12 minutes or less, now just the single version. I couldn't quite justify almost a thousand more for the body and base, but was very close to getting it because it looks phenomenal. It'll be gorgeous!
Makes total sense. Happy those who can get the single still get a second sculpt which is awesome. And those who couldn’t get the dual directly from JND can still have a chance with other retailers if they stay alert.

Got the single. Happy enough with that given it also comes with the bust. Congrats to anyone who ordered the duo set, very cool but I wasn't willing to pay that personally.

Congrats to all who PO'd either versions from JND. It came out phenomenal just as I expected. I was so close to pulling the trigger on the single version but It was easier to not let FOMO get the better of me this time mainly because Bale batman, which I do like, isn't my favorite version of batman. If I decide to spend another $2k+(usd) on a statue again it's gonna be for a character I really really REALLY want in my collection. With that said, I'm good with the 1/3 QS version. Now I'm just waiting to receive my JND TDK Joker real soon 😝.

Easy pass to me! Its the same like Prime 1 Blitzway combo, sculpts looks better if prime 1 pic a sculpteur and has it not in the house. JND has a same fan base like XM and that is enough for a small market to exist, congrats to them!

Last edited:
Everyone gets the cape wrong, I don't know why. They didn't even attempt to cut the back of it right, though this can be easily fixed in production.

Bale sculpt just looks weirder the more I look at it. It's like his features are squashed in.

Only being hyper critical because they claim themselves being the best and are priced 2x the competition.

View attachment 546371
qs-batman-7-jpg.514436

qs-batman-1-jpg.514430

i love your pictures eXplosive

The dual set up is super cool especially if you have the space. I definitely think the Batman side is the best looking overall batman at this scale currently, but agree that the QS unmasked Bale sculpts looks the best. With that said, the realism with this will have is definitely off the charts. Congrats to those getting this. I thought about it, but since this isn't my favorite Batman, can't justify it. Would love them to eventually tackle Jack Sparrow since Kojun was the one always sculpting him before he left HT.

The dual set up is super cool especially if you have the space. I definitely think the Batman side is the best looking overall batman at this scale currently, but agree that the QS unmasked Bale sculpts looks the best. With that said, the realism with this will have is definitely off the charts. Congrats to those getting this. I thought about it, but since this isn't my favorite Batman, can't justify it. Would love them to eventually tackle Jack Sparrow since Kojun was the one always sculpting him before he left HT.
Really would be interesting to see JND announce a new lisence finally. TDK trilogy is my favorite trilogy and comic films of all times, but eventually I’m going to have enough from them for that line and will want something else.

Yeah I agree queen is better, JND had the potential to be the definitive bale but the unmasked is pretty bad IMO

Secured regular. Double version already waitlisted in SF? That was quick
Looks like the double sold out in just a few minutes. They did accidentally list it for a moment, at around 5 PM EST though, which I’m sure didn’t help.

Have the duo pre-ordered through JND but grabbed a single from a US retailer as well. Might keep both and just display them in different rooms.

New here but been collecting for long time. Found this forum looking at the JND release discussion today and wondering how this piece will be better than the Queen 1/3 Dark Knight. Can't see when I look at Pics. Given pics are misleading but this misleading? is it just me that the Queen DK looks so much better?
51692602554_108f2d5fc7_o_d.jpg

I mean I get the latex and glass eyes should make it look better and I see Bale there but perhaps 90-ish% Bale and I don't think it looks terrific. He looks kinda dumbfounded Whereas Queen DK is less Bale but looks killer to me. I think the Dress suit dou Bale is neat in 1/3 but portrait is just off to me and I have the HT armory from way back so have that look in 1/6 (yeah smaller but still really cool + it has Alfred! Where is Alfred in 1/3? Seems like Queen Studios is the one to have from my perspective. I would actually pair the JND Selena with the Queen TDK, measurements are similar so scale would be off and I wonder if it would actually be a better pairing. Cheers!
51692199023_f67324640f_o_d.jpg

Back