JND Studios: The Dark Knight - Bale Batman 1:3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've seen and to me the details your pointing are meaningless. I was just pointing the fact you said QS nailed the body proportion which is totally false...anyway. To each their own. To me JND just killed the game.
I never said queen nailed the body proportions, you're getting me mixed up with someone else

JND slightly changed the posing of Joker so maybe they'll do the same here. I'd say they went with that pose because Queen already for the better pose.

I hope they change the cape also, I want a heavy straight down drape, not billowing to the sides. But this will be a presence piece for sure, doubled up with Joker will look phenomenal.

Regretting I didn't get the duo, but still, the price at almost half that of a new statue for a longer base and extra body didn't quite push me over the edge. But it as a single piece in a living room would be incredible, as a whole it's one of the best if not the best statues I've seen in terms of what it achieves.

I have the QS version, but ordered this too. I'll most likely sell the QS version, as this is definitely better to me. Speaking purely from the perspective of the Batman statue itself and not Bruce Wayne, they nailed his look in the cowl, which QS didn't seem to do. It literally looks like a real person in the cowl, the shape of it is better and the likeness to Bale under the cowl is much better. The body proportions are also better, but yes the pose is a bit boring and bland, although there's not much you can do that's different. Still, I'll take total accuracy over anything else.

My main issue is the cape. It just looks cheap and isn't dark enough, and the cut is wrong. Length is good though. On QS, the material they used has a nice weight to it and drapes beautifully, but it's a bit thin which means it can look a bit transparent with light hitting it, so it needs to be a bit thicker at this scale.

I have the QS version, but ordered this too. I'll most likely sell the QS version, as this is definitely better to me. Speaking purely from the perspective of the Batman statue itself and not Bruce Wayne, they nailed his look in the cowl, which QS didn't seem to do. It literally looks like a real person in the cowl, the shape of it is better and the likeness to Bale under the cowl is much better. The body proportions are also better, but yes the pose is a bit boring and bland, although there's not much you can do that's different. Still, I'll take total accuracy over anything else.

My main issue is the cape. It just looks cheap and isn't dark enough, and the cut is wrong. Length is good though. On QS, the material they used has a nice weight to it and drapes beautifully, but it's a bit thin which means it can look a bit transparent with light hitting it, so it needs to be a bit thicker at this scale.
Funny thing is I just bought the queen studios version and few days later JND announced theirs and I know I was gonna instant regret which is what ended up happening lol. The QS statue is great don’t get me wrong but I can’t get past the chin on the head it just doesn’t look like bale at all. So I will be selling mine since I got the JND Batman only.

Funny thing is I just bought the queen studios version and few days later JND announced theirs and I know I was gonna instant regret which is what ended up happening lol. The QS statue is great don’t get me wrong but I can’t get past the chin on the head it just doesn’t look like bale at all. So I will be selling mine since I got the JND Batman only.
Unfortunately I somewhat agree with you. I still don't mind the QS Batman, but I agree, the mouth portion on the Bale head doesn't have the best likeness. This became even more obvious to me when the JND version was shown lol.

Granted, there is obviously a huge price difference between the 2, but I was willing to pay that for the ultimate Bale Batman as it's my favourite trilogy of all time.

Out of the Bale heads though, I think QS did a better job on the face, but JND is painted better. If QS was painted like the JND one it would be perfect.

The body proportions are also better, but yes the pose is a bit boring and bland, although there's not much you can do that's different. Still, I'll take total accuracy over anything else.

I think changing the direction he's looking does a lot, but I think they had it in mind that people who bought the Joker may want to pair them together. All their other statues seem to have a slightly off balanced look to their stances, whether it's the body facing a different direction than front or just the way a character's body language is.

batman-on-cop-car-the-dark-knight-8276041-1399-2100.jpg

the-dark-knight-rises-imax-poster.jpeg

1P3ZyEq02wcTMd3iE4ebtLvncvH.jpg

Some of those poses are great and better than what we're getting, in my opinion. Though I wouldn't want any where his head is looking down.

It would have been a good opportunity for JND to mix up the pose with the solo statue since they're making the two versions. A bit of a waste to duplicate the duo pose since that one was meant to be a near mirror of Bruce's pose for that specific pairing. Strange, because JND usually talks so much about their posing and I think some of their other statues have more inspired and original poses. Nothing dramatic, I know, but I'm incredibly happy that JND has continued to stick with museum posing and small footprints. So much easier and neater to display.

Last edited:
yeah, it would've been awesome if they had the 3 different neck positions for 3 different options like P1, but I think the neck is a part of the head sculpt so you would need 3 heads. The looking-down head would probably be best if he's on higher displays, like how they shot him on the police squad car in the photo.

JND body is too bulky and his pecs and shoulder armor is too large. QS got the proportions better since it’s a slimmer sleeker suit. Combine the cowl from JND and body from QS. Ultimate Bats.

JND body is too bulky and his pecs and shoulder armor is too large. QS got the proportions better since it’s a slimmer sleeker suit. Combine the cowl from JND and body from QS. Ultimate Bats.
I mostly agree, the one thing that looks better IMO is the size of the head looks more like a real person when the Bruce Wayne sculpt is on it. Apart from that I agree JND is inferior, the neck is too wide and thick for starters

I guess what they say about eye of the beholder is true. Why is JND the "Ultimate?" because they charge twice as much and market it as "hyper-real"? To each their own but I look at it and can't help feeling it looks sort of frumpy/stalky with a ho-hum pose, goofy cape, still not perfect sculpt and now that I notice a codpiece that makes him look kinda like he's the one in the "Hockey suit." I get that people want it to look EXACTLY like the actor but holey crap the Queen studios is amazing other than it doesn't look 100% like bale. The pose is way better and more menacing and the body is way better IMHO. From my judgement, I can't see anyone having the Queen piece and being to remorseful that they would sell it and replace with a twice as expensive hyped up but far less than perfect JND bat (see my comparisons earlier in this thread. Maybe use your extra money on the JND Selena which is very nice and with consistent proportions between the JND and Queen bats, I bet JND Selena would look really good with Queen bat.
51698661429_3c35e394a2_o_d.jpg

Cheers - JC

I guess what they say about eye of the beholder is true. Why is JND the "Ultimate?" because they charge twice as much and market it as "hyper-real"? To each their own but I look at it and can't help feeling it looks sort of frumpy/stalky with a ho-hum pose, goofy cape, still not perfect sculpt and now that I notice a codpiece that makes him look kinda like he's the one in the "Hockey suit." I get that people want it to look EXACTLY like the actor but holey crap the Queen studios is amazing other than it doesn't look 100% like bale. The pose is way better and more menacing and the body is way better IMHO. From my judgement, I can't see anyone having the Queen piece and being to remorseful that they would sell it and replace with a twice as expensive hyped up but far less than perfect JND bat (see my comparisons earlier in this thread. Maybe use your extra money on the JND Selena which is very nice and with consistent proportions between the JND and Queen bats, I bet JND Selena would look really good with Queen bat.
51698661429_3c35e394a2_o_d.jpg

Cheers - JC
This is going to look amazing! I am glad I got the Catwoman and Batman from JND on pre order. I was mixed on if I should get the duo or the single but I think after seeing this the single will do.

I don't think the insinuation that people are being tricked into liking JND because they have higher pricing and good marketing is accurate. I like them because of their presentation, quality, communication, and the materials they use.

Personally, I think that JND beats out QS here because I prefer the base, the likeness, overall quality, and materials used. I thought about picking up the QS Bale Batman previously because it's still a good statue I just couldn't get past that base. I really dislike it that much. It looks like what you'd get if you put the tumbler in a car compactor.

This is going to look amazing! I am glad I got the Catwoman and Batman from JND on pre order. I was mixed on if I should get the duo or the single but I think after seeing this the single will do.
Well, uhm then since batman pictured above is Queen Studios Batman, Your JND duo will look like this together...

51698337593_3357c1045e_o_d.jpg

I think you are right about the single batman, but still my point was I think Queen bat maybe takes cake here for me especially at half the price.

Cheers - JC

I've seen the photos of QS Batman on Facebook, and at the end of the day, no matter how much it looks more accurate or not, it still looks like it's a painted statue. As much as accuracies and proportions are good, the paint app lets them down, they look washed out and bad, this is where the price points doesn't stick the landing imo. For me the price point of a QS isn't worth the quality you receive in hand.

Owning two JND pieces in hand I can safely say that they come out above the 90% to their prototype, and combined with MM clothing etc. they look real. Images like below remind me of church statues with base paint and not much detailing. Compare the chest of QS and JND and the differences of detail are clear - QS is flat without giving much surface lighting showing its contours and detailing, JND's looks like there's actually different materials making the suit. Combined with bases having zero uniformity I just don't rate their polystone statues that highly, especially considering the price point. Their hair is a huge miss also; their Joker I have no idea how they arrived at the syling of that pieces hair, because it looks nothing like it should. For me I guess there's more than enough reasons to justify JND's price point, it could be a little bit lower than what they charge, but overall there's finesse and fine detailing across every single piece; and this spans the uniformity in their bases. QA bases are ufgy and bulky and have too much going on, this tends to be the case with most studios bases'. There's a cohesion of exceptionalness across JND's catalogue, I genuinely think you need one in hand just to see how astounding in person they are. Having this Batman in a well lit room will look like the scaled down film version, there's no two ways about it, the differences for me are night and day and don't compare - just my opinion of course.
259549194_3608706079355712_6547283529791484561_n.jpg

Last edited:
Curious, since you mentioned you have 2 JND already, how tall is the base and are they all the same height (the base)? Thanks

I've seen the photos of QS Batman on Facebook, and at the end of the day, no matter how much it looks more accurate or not, it still looks like it's a painted statue. As much as accuracies and proportions are good, the paint app lets them down, they look washed out and bad, this is where the price points doesn't stick the landing imo. For me the price point of a QS isn't worth the quality you receive in hand.

Owning two JND pieces in hand I can safely say that they come out above the 90% to their prototype, and combined with MM clothing etc. they look real. Images like below remind me of church statues with base paint and not much detailing. Compare the chest of QS and JND and the differences of detail are clear - QS is flat without giving much surface lighting showing its contours and detailing, JND's looks like there's actually different materials making the suit. Combined with bases having zero uniformity I just don't rate their polystone statues that highly, especially considering the price point. Their hair is a huge miss also; their Joker I have no idea how they arrived at the syling of that pieces hair, because it looks nothing like it should. For me I guess there's more than enough reasons to justify JND's price point, it could be a little bit lower than what they charge, but overall there's finesse and fine detailing across every single piece; and this spans the uniformity in their bases. QA bases are ufgy and bulky and have too much going on, this tends to be the case with most studios bases'. There's a cohesion of exceptionalness across JND's catalogue, I genuinely think you need one in hand just to see how astounding in person they are. Having this Batman in a well lit room will look like the scaled down film version, there's no two ways about it, the differences for me are night and day and don't compare - just my opinion of course.
259549194_3608706079355712_6547283529791484561_n.jpg
No offence man but you literally picked the worst photo of this statue to prove your point. I own this and while I agree that overall the JND is better, the paint app on the QS Bale is nowhere near what you are making it out to be. In fact, they have some of the best paint apps in the business. Here is a close-up of mine:

FB_IMG_1624441705054.jpg

FB_IMG_1624441700237.jpg

As for the plates on the suit, QS actually got this more accurate to the movie suit. Have a look at screenshots. There's certainly aspects of the QS piece that is better.

No offence man but you literally picked the worst photo of this statue to prove your point. I own this and while I agree that overall the JND is better, the paint app on the QS Bale is nowhere near what you are making it out to be. In fact, they have some of the best paint apps in the business. Here is a close-up of mine:

View attachment 547202

View attachment 547207
As for the plates on the suit, QS actually got this more accurate to the movie suit. Have a look at screenshots. There's certainly aspects of the QS piece that is better.

Detail looks much better in your photos for sure. I'd love to see a photo from a similar distance as the one I posted, though.

Back