JND Studios: The Dark Knight - Bale Batman 1:3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks very nice. It better for $4k shipped. I'm not a big enough fan to pay that much, I'll just have to hang on to my HT armory set. Congrats to anyone who wants it badly enough, it does look great.

The batman is better than QS.

Bale head kind of odd. He looks extra worried and shape seems off.

Don't really like how you can't separate the duo set though. Should've came with detachable or separate bases.
I mean to be fair, Bruce was worried for a ton of the movie in TDK.

I think the concept is really cool and differentiates itself from other pieces, however the sculpt is too craggy like they dialled the realism and facial features up to 11. Tone it down a bit and we have a winner IMO

I think the concept is really cool and differentiates itself from other pieces, however the sculpt is too craggy like they dialled the realism and facial features up to 11. Tone it down a bit and we have a winner IMO
I mean, they are, detail oriented…😉🤪🤪🤪

I’ll show myself out. 😂

I do love the both options though and that they got creative a bit, too.

Lol it may look different in hand

Just glad I don't collect 1/3 (yet)

I do want a super realistic piece one day but TBH I don't know what piece would make me take the plunge

It used to be wonder woman but I went off gadot. Avengers 1 black widow done well could convince me

Lol it may look different in hand

Just glad I don't collect 1/3 (yet)

I do want a super realistic piece one day but TBH I don't know what piece would make me take the plunge

It used to be wonder woman but I went off gadot. Avengers 1 black widow done well could convince me
Once you get that first 1/3 there is no going back. The difference in quality and realism is off the charts compared to smaller scales. For me, it’s the perfect scale and it seems to be why it’s becoming the most popular one recently.

Once you get that first 1/3 there is no going back. The difference in quality and realism is off the charts compared to smaller scales. For me, it’s the perfect scale and it seems to be why it’s becoming the most popular one recently.
Yeah I had p1 arkham knight harley quinn for a while, which was amazing and sometimes I regret selling her

I'd have to overhaul my entire collection though as I have lots of quarter scales

I think the Bale head from QS looks much better than JNDs but the Suit Statue from JND looks overall a little bit more lifelike and the Cowlhead from them looks really nice. Its ver mysterious JNDs head looks great in cowl head but not the complete head and QS looks worst in Cowl head but great without cowl.
perfect combo to me would be QS with Bale head and JND with Cowl head

I think this is the winner in all regards, they could do with a darker cape and easing up on the skin texturing a bit (unless the lights\heat\moisture, are just emphasizing that aspect)

I think this is the winner in all regards, they could do with a darker cape and easing up on the skin texturing a bit (unless the lights\heat\moisture, are just emphasizing that aspect)
Yep the texture is too pronounced, like he has acne. I know we're shooting for realism and pores etc but his face looks too cratered

I think his face may need a little less cratering.

The Batman suit looks great, but what's with that cape? Why does the cape look like something from Hot Toys? It's not dark enough and the texture looks cheap. I might be nitpicking, but at this price point and all their "we're detail oriented", I think it should have been addressed before they even revealed it. In the video, they show the woman checking the sculpt against the pics. The pic on the screen literally is from the photo shoot for the posters and shows his cape in detail and that's what they thought looks similar?

Everyone gets the cape wrong, I don't know why. They didn't even attempt to cut the back of it right, though this can be easily fixed in production.

Bale sculpt just looks weirder the more I look at it. It's like his features are squashed in.

Only being hyper critical because they claim themselves being the best and are priced 2x the competition.

jnd.jpg

Everyone gets the cape wrong, I don't know why. They didn't even attempt to cut the back of it right, though this can be easily fixed in production.

Bale sculpt just looks weirder the more I look at it. It's like his features are squashed in.

Only being hyper critical because they claim themselves being the best and are priced 2x the competition.

View attachment 546371
I agree, it's not 100% bale for sure

To me it looks like bale crossed with Jim Carrey

I agree, it's not 100% bale for sure

To me it looks like bale crossed with Jim Carrey
I only see Carrey honestly, I didn’t know it was possible to even shoot for Bale and end up with a spot on Jim Carrey. Never saw any resemblance between the two before and still don’t. I’m confused by all of this.

I still don’t think any of the 1/3 and up cowled sculpts look better than the QS001, which I admit is not perfect itself. I do think this one is way better than the P1 or QS, the facial proportions look nice but the top half of the head seems too small, the back is too flat like a DX12 and I think the ears are too pointy and don’t have the fullness on the sides that the screen used cowl had.

For $2400 it isn’t definitive IMO.

edit: after looking at it more I think this sculpt’s shortcomings are more minor than the QS001 which has some serious facial proportions issues.

Last edited:
QS premium or with rooted hair is the best to me compared to the price. The headsculpt is one of the best ever made in every scale. Its very interessting to me which one cost 2400$. Normally it must be the men suit version with hair head. Arthur Fleck cost 2299 when its released and was the figure with most fabric and than this Bale in his men suit

Pretty sure it's the Batman since it's the only one they showed by itself.

The batman is overall fine for me, it's just the little things and that Bale head that throws it off. We're not even sure if the Batman comes with the Bale head though.

I don't know, the likeness (past the skin texture that may or may not be exaggerated by other factors, including the camera) I think is pretty much spot on. If either of those Bales in the three picture line up made the same expression this statue is, I think it would match up pretty god damn well (the lips are slightly parsed\eye brows furrowed in this expression). I mean look at the differences between the two real life Bales, due to camera distance\lenses\angle\expression etc... some people would be saying they don't look that much like each and other if one was a statue. [edit] That's not to say I would have chose this exact expression, given the choice

Last edited:
I don't know, the likeness (past the skin texture that may or may not be exaggerated by other factors, including the camera) I think is spot on. If either of those Bales in the three picture line up made the same expression this statue is, I think it would match up pretty god damn well (the lips are slightly parsed\eye brows furrowed in this expression). I mean look at the differences between the two real life Bales, due to camera distance\lenses\angle\expression etc... some people would be saying they don't look that much like each and other if one was a statue. [edit] That's not to say I would have chose this exact expression, given the choice
Hard disagree here. The statue has a visibly different bone structure. Look at the height of the forehead and how it narrows towards the brow. Bale doesn’t look like that.

Our brains are good at identifying the same face with different expression vs a different face entirely. Otherwise disguises wouldn’t be a thing, we could just walk around making a face and no one would recognize us.

Back