JND Studios - Justice League Superman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hahaha, still as difficult.

Actually, I messaged Daniel to ask hypothetically if I could swap to the black suit, I don't think he understood the hypothetical and messaged me saying they've changed my order to the black suit. I panicked and messaged back saying I was just asking if it's possible and if so if we can wait until the production show and tell to get a better comparison. So I asked for now if I can stick to the blue and red but no response yet.

You hit the nail on the head with it as well. The blue and red definitely is eye-catching. But I'm imagining the line-up with Batman, Superman and WW, and WW carries that eye popping red and blue anyway, and I'm quite liking the look of just her being the colour. In saying that, I'm going to have Batman Dark Knight, The Batman and eventually Affleck Batman, and that's a lot of black, so do I need that much black?

Then also in terms of film representation I just flat out would prefer a representation from ZSJL. But I also don't want to spend 800 more on the other sculpt, and for me the angry sculpt lends itself more to ZSJL, the more concerned/neutral fits the red and blue a lot better. But the Black and angry sculpt are what I really like, it's a shame you couldn't select which sculpt you get with the statue. Safe to say I don't think I'll ever truly be able to decide, think I'll always regret one way or another.

But yeah, the black suit pops a lot... but then so does the blue. Hmmmmm.
I think you are on a same ''panic mode'' I was last week lol so take a deep breath. Both are beautiful,but main reason why I jumped on this was the blue suit. If they offered just the black version I wouldn't pay 3K+1K fees for a statue. After securing this one,rn I'm debating to get Queen Studios black version too,I love Queen sculpt and I think these 2 gonna look epic together. (I collect 1/6 so this is a new thing for me,it was an emergency situation as I'm a huge Cavill Superman fan, especially after all the dramas,I am very sentimental about this piece)
I sent a presentation video link to my parents and they were shocked, mother said ''everything you own,looks like a trash next to this'' :D

P.S. Make sure to keep the order of whichever version you truly want,bc by the time it will be released/presented everything gonna be sold out.

the hangover GIF

Me analyzing the reveal video to determine if black or blue suit is better, for the 5th time.

Great Job Reaction GIF

Me making my choice finally, happy with it.

Interview Crying GIF

Me being happy with the decision and then not happy.

The black suit definitely looks really cool! I understand the confliction. I also struggled for a second b/c it looks so good. But, ultimately, if this is going to be my one and only, I want the iconic red & blue colors. Regardless of what label is on the box, this will just a be Cavill Superman piece and I won't lose and sleep thinking it's from Josstice League over BvS or ZSJL. Technically, if it was to be accurate to Josstice League, the blue would need ot be lighter and on the more teal side of things to match the color grading in that film. To me, this is just true to his actual suit colors (even though the sculpting itself is stylized) over what was seen in the films.

although i don't have the privilege to own one.. if JND is listening to feedbacks... if they just adjusted the whole inflating muscles just like QS or heck even DC Direct statues.. this is perfect.

Even my bro who didn't collect superhero statues but watched these movies, that's the first one he notice: what's with this exaggerating muscles?

The black suit definitely looks really cool! I understand the confliction. I also struggled for a second b/c it looks so good. But, ultimately, if this is going to be my one and only, I want the iconic red & blue colors. Regardless of what label is on the box, this will just a be Cavill Superman piece and I won't lose and sleep thinking it's from Josstice League over BvS or ZSJL. Technically, if it was to be accurate to Josstice League, the blue would need ot be lighter and on the more teal side of things to match the color grading in that film. To me, this is just true to his actual suit colors (even though the sculpting itself is stylized) over what was seen in the films.

I know its technically modeled after the Justice League, but when I look at that statue, the first thing that comes to mind is the after-credits scene from Black Adam.

I shared my thoughts about the Black vs Blue on a previous post. No wrong decision, they both look awesome. The tough part is deciding which one. I literally made a list of the pros with them. Black actually had more but I had to go with my heart and bought Blue. Still hoping I made the right choice.

Last edited:
although i don't have the privilege to own one.. if JND is listening to feedbacks... if they just adjusted the whole inflating muscles just like QS or heck even DC Direct statues.. this is perfect.

Even my bro who didn't collect superhero statues but watched these movies, that's the first one he notice: what's with this exaggerating muscles?

The only thing I can think of is that this was intended to only be a black suit release, so they exaggerated the muscles because they would be harder to see in the black suit. Then they decided to also offer the blue and red suit, and it’s just over pronounced in that color scheme. The body definitely looks better on the black suit version, so it makes sense.

The only thing I can think of is that this was intended to only be a black suit release, so they exaggerated the muscles because they would be harder to see in the black suit. Then they decided to also offer the blue and red suit, and it’s just over pronounced in that color scheme. The body definitely looks better on the black suit version, so it makes sense.
That's a great point actually! Probably why the black suit looks so dang good

To me, it's the 'BvS, Knightmare and what he would have gone back to in JL3' suit. Classic Superman

I think you've got it spot on. On the black one, it can look much more like shading whereas on the blue one, they look too pronounced.

For anyone who has ordered this, anything critical I say about this piece isn't meant in any way to put down your purchase. If I could feasibly get this I would be doing so.

Personally I love the body as I said in my previous posts,he looks as a Greek statue. I'm not into realism, I always prefer some artistic touches. When you do sculpting/art muscle definition always needs to look sharper than it is in real life,same goes with the facial features. On the blue suit it is more visible because of shading. Don't forget in the movie he has basically ''printed on'' muscles, which would look horrible on the statue. For me this is just Snyder's unified Superman statue and I don't mind these little artistic choices. He looks amazing.

Personally I love the body as I said in my previous posts,he looks as a Greek statue. I'm not into realism, I always prefer some artistic touches. When you do sculpting/art muscle definition always needs to look sharper than it is in real life,same goes with the facial features. On the blue suit it is more visible because of shading. Don't forget in the movie he has basically ''printed on'' muscles, which would look horrible on the statue. For me this is just Snyder's unified Superman statue and I don't mind these little artistic choices. He looks amazing.
I do agree. JND take some artistic liberties but I feel this one is for the better. He looks less like a guy in a costume, which is a change for the better IMO. The face isn't perfect, it somehow looks more real and old than cavill himself, but that's a JND trademark as well

I do agree. JND take some artistic liberties but I feel this one is for the better. He looks less like a guy in a costume, which is a change for the better IMO. The face isn't perfect, it somehow looks more real and old than cavill himself, but that's a JND trademark as well
After watching the presentation video gazillion times, I think likeness is pretty good, they just used horrible lighting for the stock images.
He looks great especially in this shot. I don't mind him looking older. As I said for me this statue represents just Cavill Superman not a specific movie version. I wouldn't change anything. He is perfect.

vlcsnap-2023-01-06-19h45m58s878.png

I think you're right and one of the reasons Black suit keeps swaying me.
Daniel has changed my order back to blue and red. I think... I'm going to stop looking at them both and try to think that the black doesn't exist and this was the only one available... try.

They have told me that they double box JND. I'll still remind them next year tho.
I can confirm SpecFic double-boxed the JND Harley that shipped out to me a couple months ago.

I do not recall what SF did with WW84.

When I ordered Catwoman direct from JND, they did not double box.

I have 2 more JNDs on PO - Mera (@SpecFic) and Wonder Woman Platinum (@JND)

I can confirm SpecFic double-boxed the JND Harley that shipped out to me a couple months ago.

I do not recall what SF did with WW84.

When I ordered Catwoman direct from JND, they did not double box.

I have 2 more JNDs on PO - Mera (@SpecFic) and Wonder Woman Platinum (@JND)
I watched some live steam on youtube, where Todd (Specfiction) said that because of Catwoman and Joker damages they double box JND statues now.They said same to me via fb messenger. Everyone should doublebox statues imo. They are super expensive and fragile.

Picture is definitely taken at some presentation, hope more will be shared. Superman surrounded by girls looks epic! Whenever he arrives, he will get a special place behind the glass. No way I display him just like that lol

Back