JND Studios: Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade - 1:3 Harrison Ford and Sean Connery

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, that saves me a bunch of cash. AWFUL expression choice for Indy. Horrible hat. Whip is not anwhere near as accurate as the miniature whips that Joe Strain makes. What a relief. I was not looking forward to paying hugely inflated prices caused by the ridiculous location limitation that Disney/Lucasfilm have put on this. (It WAS all Disney/Lucasfilm by the way - Daniel from JND stated in the video that they "begged" them to expand the release and he is hugely frustrated and disappointed with the fact the Disney/Lucasfilm wouldn't budge on their decision).

I have Superman on order but these are undoubtedly the best portraits I've seen. Completely next level.
Both look great and one big improvement are the facial expressions. All past JND Projects are emotionless.

Looks incredible. The Connery one especially. I liked Indiana Jones but not massive on it so can pass thankfully. But that will be one hell of a statue to have in a film room. No doubt another version will happen down the line.

Pose on Indy is a little boring. No real character/attitude in it all compared to Connery. Clothing on both look really good though. Indy’s sculpt is ok but not spot on. For me, I’m thinking it’s the eyes and eyebrow area that need work.

Can’t remember if they said this would only be a 2 pack or if there will be a single option as well like both Reeve and Bale had

Yeah this is a miss for me as well. The sculpts are decent but nowhere near strong enough for the high price, and the choice of expression and unnatural poses just don't work for me at all.

Indy's pants also need to be a lot baggier. And why make a TLC Indy of you're not going to give him a tie?

736421_poster.jpg

Last edited:
Before JND, Cinemaquette was the Grail Indy piece. I think I may go for this set. Would be the only Indy piece I’d need. I have DX05 and would love this being a huge fan of the series. Indy gets little love for merch especially high end merch.

What I find interesting is how much vitriol there is towards this sculpt that is way better than a lot of the customs that people praise to no end.
I think it's just raw disappointment. JND have a habit of hyping up their products, and we all know they're far from cheap. We all get so excited to see the next big wonder from this premium studio - and then we get something off, or barely passable. What really boggles the mind, is when these companion pieces come out, and one side is amazing and the other not....just to be clear, I'm a big fan of what JND is doing for the statue industry, and when they deliver, I think they're truly deserving of the hype (and cost)......but even as a fan, even I can see that the more releases they bring, the more I'm noticing the misses are outpacing the hits.

What I find interesting is how much vitriol there is towards this sculpt that is way better than a lot of the customs that people praise to no end.
There’s no need to compare this with any other sculpt. It’s the likeness to Ford himself that matters.

Show this to anyone and 90% of them will see Ford in it.

AE26A683-66EF-4431-8507-177B30728E8B.jpeg

Show this instead and I guarantee you no one, no one will see Ford in it.

F01DE914-D850-4E34-9DA0-F9BB360A13A6.jpeg

Yes, but they are in a smaller scale and, more importantly, are a fraction of the cost of this.

If you want to justify the huge expense (and if anyone doesn't think that this is a hugely expensive item, then I think you've lost touch), it should be near perfect.

There are custom 1/6 heads with a closer likeness than this, and I say that as someone yet to be satisfied with a 1/6 Indy sculpt.

Impressive.
Assume you can buy separately like other two packs they’ve made. Sean looks great but just Indy for me.

I’ve heard people say that JNDs silicone sculpts make people look haggard and older than they should and that’s true here as well … but I don’t mind it. He looks like he’s somewhere in age between Last Crusade and Crystal Skull.
Will still be easily the best Indy statue ever made by a significant margin.

Last edited:
Back