JND Studios: Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade - 1:3 Harrison Ford and Sean Connery

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know if that's possible in this case because they can only ship to Hong Kong. BBTS and Spec Fiction are both U.S located aren't they? JND won't be allowed to ship to them if they are US based.
Also, they confirmed that they only have the license for Last Crusade, so it's highly unlikely that a Raiders Indy will follow - especially because I think they were probably hoping to sell a LOT more statues if it was a worldwide market instead of just being Hong Kong. Which idiot at Disney / Lucasfilm dictates these sorts of restrictions. Don't they want to make as much money as possible from every licensed product? Crazy!
SpecFiction gets their stock from overseas vendors. For example-if I were to go to the queen studios official website to try to order any of their pieces, I wouldn’t be allowed to b/c they technically don’t have distribution rights in the US for nearly all their pieces save the very few that Sideshow is currently carrying; but, Spec Fiction is able to get those pieces in through whatever partner they work with. Same with the InArt figures that Spec carries or the XM pieces they get even though no where else in the US (as far as I know) really sells XM statues. So, while not 100%, I wouldn’t put it passed SpecFiction to be able to get it in. May cost more than direct from JND, but they’ll probably still be able to get it. We’ll just have to wait and see.

Also, JND may only have Crusade right now, but that doesn’t mean they can’t get Raiders in the future. Like Daniel said in the video, this release will be the test on if the next pieces (i.e. Disney properties) will be allowed to be sold globally. So there is a chance. It’s not like they’re stuck with only the Last Crusade license forever.

It’s been said before that Disney doesn’t like to dish out the scale licenses to multiple companies which is one of the reasons why HT has the chokehold on the disney owned properties at 1/6. InArt can’t get Marvel stuff for 1/6 even though their parent company, Queen Studios, has the Marvel licenses for their statues and busts.

Last edited:
True, but I'd hate to think how much more the retailers will charge for the pieces compared to ordering direct from the manufacturer. Let's hope it will still be possible. I cleared out a lot of stuff from my collection in preparation for owning the JND piece.

True, but I'd hate to think how much more the retailers will charge for the pieces compared to ordering direct from the manufacturer. Let's hope it will still be possible. I cleared out a lot of stuff from my collection in preparation for owning the JND piece.
Spec and BBTs have charged about $500 more for Pattison The Batman and Chris Reeve Superman, so probably somewhere around that for Indy as well.

Last edited:
Real leather at least for the jacket is nice thankfully. Idk the Crusade jacket like I do the Raiders one but looks pretty good there. Holster and bag look nice as well. Not sure about the whip though

I'm not sure I would shoulder Disney with 100% of the blame for the distribution issues facing this release.

In my opinion, JND has to know it's customer / fan base, and it has to know that acquiring these licenses and characters that they can only distribute in very limited regions, is going to piss those customers off. So why do it?

JND is now going to (effectively) rub everyone's (who isn't based in Hong Kong) nose in the mud, with their protracted "teases" and build up, for a product you're going to have to jump through huge hoops to get. Those that turn to eBay or even third party retailers, are going to get shafted with extra costs and even longer wait times. Your guys will have NO ACCESS to JND support in the event of breakage, etc.....so, tell me, how is this JND serving their customer base? JND should have rejected this contract on the clear basis that it does not serve their customers, and therefore, does not serve them.

I wouldn't mind, but this isn't the first time JND has done this....White Beard, and Old Boy.....same thing. So, if JND isn't serving their customer base interests, who is actually benefiting from these product releases?

Final observation. JND were just recently squealing about fakes and counterfeit copies being produced in China. What was their advice to JND fans and collectors? That's right - "only buy from JND direct or our recognised retailers".....fine, except - when the statue you want isn't available to you through JND or their "recognized" retailers....what then? Oh, that's right....you need to go shopping in the wild west of eBay or "unrecognized" retailers who can get the statue through the backdoor!

Great work JND - prefect example of creating the very circumstance that sinks your own ship.

I'm not sure I would shoulder Disney with 100% of the blame for the distribution issues facing this release.

Except it more than likely has everything to do with Disney and the way the regional license works in the same way they have restricted Queen Studios distribution of their marvel products to only certain regions as well as WB restricting distribution of InArt and Queen Studios products to nearly all regions except the US. If I go to the Queen studios website right now, pretty much every product says “not available to order for your country.” :dunno It’s unfortunately just the way licensing works and not every item/property can have a global contract. Simple as that.

This isn’t JND doing a “gotcha” by limiting the release to build up hype in the way HT does with their recent exclusives like the Artisan editions.

I’m not a stan for JND as I don’t think every one of their products is a hit, but they aren’t the first company to be limited to region only licenses for some products and they won’t be the last.

Last edited:
Real leather at least for the jacket is nice thankfully. Idk the Crusade jacket like I do the Raiders one but looks pretty good there. Holster and bag look nice as well. Not sure about the whip though
Yeah I know this is TLC but I was still kinda bummed to see the shorter crown on the hat. The Raiders fedora just looks miles better than any of the others he wore.

Except it more than likely has everything to do with Disney and the way the regional license works in the same way they have restricted Queen Studios distribution of their marvel products to only certain regions as well as WB restricting distribution of InArt and Queen Studios products to nearly all regions except the US. If I go to the Queen studios website right now, pretty much every product says “not available to order for your country.” :dunno It’s unfortunately just the way licensing works and not every item/property can have a global contract. Simple as that.

This isn’t JND doing a “gotcha” by limiting the release to build up hype in the way HT does with their recent exclusives like the Artisan editions.

I’m not a stan for JND as I don’t think every one of their products is a hit, but they aren’t the first company to be limited to region only licenses for some products and they won’t be the last.
I understand how licensing works, my point is, as the "party" with the most to gain (global sales area), and the "party" with the most to lose (pissing off your limited number of fans, in a niche market) - JND could, and should, be more selective on their contracts and releases - favouring licenses that enable them to grow as a company, and provide (within their available scope) great products that ALL their customers can enjoy.

I understand how licensing works, my point is, as the "party" with the most to gain (global sales area), and the "party" with the most to lose (pissing off your limited number of fans, in a niche market) - JND could, and should, be more selective on their contracts and releases - favouring licenses that enable them to grow as a company, and provide (within their available scope) great products that ALL their customers can enjoy.
I understand what you’re saying. However, I would argue what they’re doing with this Indy is different than the White Beard and Old Boy releases as those were one and done vs this Indy appearing to be the potential gateway to not only more Disney owned licenses, but a global license for future Disney properties. When you actually listen to what they said, this is the best move for them to grow as company as sales for this Indy will dictate if Disney allows them a global license for future products. If this sells out, which it probably will if it looks good, then Disney will be more inclined to give them a global license later like say if/when they do a Raiders version. While yes, it would be nice for each one to be globally available, I would rather TLC be the guinea pig than be restricted on Raiders :dunno

I also wouldn’t be surprised if this was a take it or leave it for them as well given they’ve previously mentioned the first time they tried to get a license for a property owned by Disney, they were shot down.

And, we know how JND like to drop hints in their videos, so I wouldn’t be surprised if they’re eyeing Iron Man for one of those potential global licenses given that they used the phrase “next time baby” from Iron Man 1. That’s definitely one they’d want for a global release rather than regional. So, again, gotta do what you gotta do to be allowed the global release, and unfortunately TLC Indy appears to be the stepping stone to that.

Last edited:
Connery is perfect but were the bottom of his pants that baggy in the movie?

Ford from a distance looks great but unfortunately, and ironically, close up it looks like the other actor from the start of TLC that was chasing River Phoenix :rotfl

Plus Indy’s pose should be more exciting than just standing as in I want the gun in his other hand!

Last edited:
Indy's expression seems similar to this photo from Temple of Doom:
mXxLUPk.jpg

Last edited:
Back