JND Studios 1/6 scale Heath Ledger Joker figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have no hate for any company, both inart and JND did an amazing job. For me the underlying JND sculpt looks more like Ledger, especially the side profile and eyes. Inarts sculpt itself is more plain and I’m not the fan of the eyes imo.

But where the differences come from is from the makeup, Inart is more scene specific towards his full makeup, whereas JND is more of a faded look, which doesn’t even look completely accurate from the interrogation scene. Inart honestly did better with the makeup.

The overall quality in realism though I’ll give it to JND, the silicon scene really shows the translucency of the makeup and the glass eyes make a small difference in quality. Slap JND another makeup artist and it will look 10/10. Although for me I’m happy enough with the prototype appearance. 😆

That’s a reasonable take. I hope the final piece can come out looking like the proto. For close to 2K…hell, it better!

I agree it doesn’t sound realistic, but why swat the possibility down? Everything Kojun has shown here has been thought to be impossible by most.

I agree it doesn’t sound realistic, but why swat the possibility down? Everything Kojun has shown here has been thought to be impossible by most.
That's hyperbole. Is there even one innovation JND has incorporated that was thought to be impossible by most collectors? Maybe magnetic eyes but that's about whether it can work properly and jury is out until collectors have it in hand just like InArts problematic magnetic base

The single figure is priced at $1,500 in Australia, LOL....good lord.

couples-court-mrs-jackson.gif

Last edited:
Honestly the more I look at this the more I like it. I think from a prototype standpoint this is the best licensed joker head sculpt we’ve seen so far. Don’t get me wrong the InArt joker looks amazing and so does the new Hot Toys joker but they still do have their flaws. I feel all of them look kinda off when they have the sculpt front on with the eyes looking straight forward but with the eyes looking to the side I think JND has won in that sense and I also think the way the head is positioned also helps a lot too. The one photo that stood out where he is front on is actually taken from the video JND released and it’s him with the grenades in the jacket. Looks spot on if you ask me

Attachments

• IMG_2816.jpeg
    IMG_2816.jpeg
    413.5 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2815.jpeg
    IMG_2815.jpeg
    637 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2814.jpeg
    IMG_2814.jpeg
    409 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2819.png
    IMG_2819.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
That’s a reasonable take. I hope the final piece can come out looking like the proto. For close to 2K…hell, it better!
I hope it comes out looking really bad so I can point my finger and laugh at it (and at JND).

The best is when people post pictures of their toy/doll/statue and are like “see look guiz this is the greatest” and it looks like complete and utter ****. Kind of like these 1:3 statues that keep getting posted. I remember the customs community passing around that one custom Ledger sculpt like it was the second coming and every photo of it looked like the Ron Pearlman Beast with this overly grainy textured look that made it seem like it was sculpted out of cat litter and rooted with fluorescent green fibers. It was hilarious to me.

Nobody is going to get a headsculpt that looks like JND’s prototype,

C9D90197-9DDF-42E1-8B29-91B642B66283.jpeg

I don’t care if it’s old Kenner/Hasbro toys or the newest InArt or Hot Toys. Final product always varies. They can say that “oh, our figures will look even better than the prototypes” but anyone with a brain knows that never happens. My earliest memory of this was as a kid with the prototypes you would see on the back of the box or cardback. Those figures were essentially mock ups, painted to perfection and photographed in the perfect studio light. Blemishes were airbrushed out. Any 1:6 collector has experienced this 10 fold be it Sideshow “tootsie roll” Aragorn or Hot Toys Harvey Two-Face.

I want to see a video of Kojun sitting there supervising each and every Joker that comes down that conveyer belt with real time lapse. That whole marketing schtick is up there with Hot Toys’ “each headsculpt is hand painted”. They’re full of ****. Mass production is mass production.

I hope it comes out looking really bad so I can point my finger and laugh at it (and at JND).

The best is when people post pictures of their toy/doll/statue and are like “see look guiz this is the greatest” and it looks like complete and utter ****. Kind of like these 1:3 statues that keep getting posted. I remember the customs community passing around that one custom Ledger sculpt like it was the second coming and every photo of it looked like the Ron Pearlman Beast with this overly grainy textured look that made it seem like it was sculpted out of cat litter and rooted with fluorescent green fibers. It was hilarious to me.

Nobody is going to get a headsculpt that looks like JND’s prototype,

View attachment 679236

I don’t care if it’s old Kenner/Hasbro toys or the newest InArt or Hot Toys. Final product always varies. They can say that “oh, our figures will look even better than the prototypes” but anyone with a brain knows that never happens. My earliest memory of this was as a kid with the prototypes you would see on the back of the box or cardback. Those figures were essentially mock ups, painted to perfection and photographed in the perfect studio light. Blemishes were airbrushed out. Any 1:6 collector has experienced this 10 fold be it Sideshow “tootsie roll” Aragorn or Hot Toys Harvey Two-Face.

I want to see a video of Kojun sitting there supervising each and every Joker that comes down that conveyer belt with real time lapse. That whole marketing schtick is up there with Hot Toys’ “each headsculpt is hand painted”. They’re full of ****. Mass production is mass production.

I know I've said that I agree with you on the pricing of this product - but, even I'm a bit put off by your vitriol. You mentioned, like many others (myself included) that you wouldn't buy this piece, and you've repeated the point again, and again (like many others) - but suggesting that you hope the piece comes out badly, calling people elitist for having the audacity to decide how they spend THEIR money, or having a different opinion....is, quite honestly.....toxic.

Why not just walk away? Why keep coming back to drive in the knife? It seems you're real angry, but I can't imagine why....JND didn't get your cash, or secure you as a customer.....so you showed them.

Although, I'm not buying this piece, I hate the price, and I'm concerned what this will mean for future 1/6 figure pricing - I want the piece to turn out well, and those that paid the money are hopefully satisfied with their purchase. At the end of the day, we''re all spending our money on figures, and we're all looking to enjoy our "hobby" in a positive way.

Last edited:
Never thought of getting a type C unless it came with a way better second headsculpt, base and accessories. But for 1k, I think that’s a pretty good deal. Silicon with their rooted hair and glass eyeballs is the main selling point for me that no other custom joker has so far.

Is the Medical Grade Silicone That Lasts Thirty Years in the specs and description for this thing?

Buddy in the video just mentions the fragile fingers, nothing about what grade the rubber is.
Like I'd believe this company (or any really) even if they said it was high-grade. :rolleyes:

You run the same risk with faux leather; some kinds are durable, others not so much, but if I have the option I'd rather avoid it entirely. I'm certainly not dropping $1K to roll the dice.

PVC all the way. It's tried, true, and does what it needs to do: retains detail, takes paint well, and has no chance of deterioration in average indoor conditions. The raw materials used in these things we collect have little value on their own, it's about what the artists do with them.

Ledger's Joker always brings out the best in people. :lol

When did this become such a fig puck? Anyone with working eyes and close to 20/20 vision can see that JND won the proto likeness competition with HT and IA. Thicker or thinner make-up doesn't really change the accuracy of the sculpt. People can have preferences on the clothing but it looks pretty close across the board -- sometimes HT looks to have the better coat color but then their coat isn't tailored anywhere near as good as JND or IA; JND has a lot right with the clothing it seems, but then the short pants... :dunno

Again, I hope JND comes out great. I want one. I just don't want to PO. Patience never hurt anyone.

I'm not too concerned about the silicone. ****, I spent a grand just this year for what is fast becoming an obsolete Joker, I think the silicone will last longer than the 'love' this figure is getting. I do see an issue with shoving the neck forward -- it bends unnaturally. But for subtle head tilts and turning the head a little to one side it will look great.

I do worry about the magnetic eyes. You get one eye set in place perfectly, move to place the other eye and the magnet offsets the other. Remember this head is the size of your thumb -- those eyes are close together. There's a reason JND is showing you the magnet doing circles with only one eye. I guarantee you will hear people ***** about the magnetic eyes and send emails to JND requesting they drop the tech. Just like the PERS.

We already know what's going to happen with the poseable fingers for many customers. It's still cool tech, but not for everyone.

I wonder if the JND Joker falls over, will the glass eyes go flying ...? Will JND have the foresight to provide a spare set of eyes?

Back