JND Studios 1/6 scale Heath Ledger Joker figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmmmm.... well now I'm starting to notice things....
Great, here’s to the next 100 pages…

1702863196878.gif

I'm seeing ppl agonize over whether to keep their InArt 2 packs or Artisan POs and I'm just glad I can confidently say I'm just keeping my single pack sculpted InArt for now lol

I had a brief moment when I considered the JND A-Type but honestly that sculpt just isn't doing it for me. Maybe it's the positioning of his eyes in the photos but he doesn't look menacing to me, almost bored and unfocused.

If I'm dropping $800+ on one figure I'm gonna make sure I have zero doubts that it perfectly represents the character. This doesn't IMO so I'm good

It’s no contest which prototype looks more like Heath. If you’re happy with your IA that’s ok, nothing wrong with it, but there’s without a doubt a substantial upgrade here.

View attachment 679177
View attachment 679178
That prototype picture you're using for comparison is terrible though. The final product came out much better than this picture shows for the neutral sculpt.

(And a lot lot worse for the jail cell sculpt).

G Zeus, you guys are acting like the InArts Joker is complete ****. :lol Get a hold of yourselves. The HT and JND are just prototypes right now. The only thing we lost by getting the InArts two pack is space because of that giant box. That's my only regret. :lol
For me, my biggest issues with Inarts Joker have to do with the shirt and vest, which JND hasn't gotten right either. Otherwise I think the Inart looks superb properly posed and futzed, and very much stands its ground against what we're seeing here (if not for the impressive technological innovations which underly the JND. But most of that is under the surface of what you're seeing on the outside).

Now, can anybody point me in the direction of where I might find a suitable replacement shirt and vest for my Joker?

Edit: I really dislike the shoes as well on the Inart Joker

I really wish we had better options to build a definitive Jjoker, than to drop a grand on every major release, and salvage the best parts from each. But even then, it's not enough when these companies wind up repeating each others mistakes.

I was looking at TOPO's latest release, and there is nothing to salvage from that set. What a damn shame

As for the custom scene, well that's just a ******** of its own kind. It's not reliable either.

I would say one of the main things I like about the JND is the base. Super classy with the gloss black and upside down ogee-crown looking profile. Woud've been great to have a 3rd topper that matched the tile floor for the mob scene. If this does happen to get parted out on eBay, I would try to grab one of those.

Now, can anybody point me in the direction of where I might find a suitable replacement shirt and vest for my Joker?

Edit: I really dislike the shoes as well on the Inart Joker
Look up wonderworldpdr on Instagram if you have it. They might still have some spare shirts for sale. They're also making their own pair of magnetic shoes with socks attached as well as some more gloved hand gestures. I ordered 2 sets of shirts and shoes to replace the ones on the InArt set about a month ago. Just have to wait for the shoes to be finished as they're shipping both together.

Ahh - I used to have such a crush on Brittany Murphy. Sad the way her mom treated her from what I've heard

Last edited:
I would say one of the main things I like about the JND is the base. Super classy with the gloss black and upside down ogee-crown looking profile. Woud've been great to have a 3rd topper that matched the tile floor for the mob scene. If this does happen to get parted out on eBay, I would try to grab one of those.

Look up wonderworldpdr on Instagram if you have it. They might still have some spare shirts for sale. They're also making their own pair of magnetic shoes with socks attached as well as some more gloved hand gestures. I ordered 2 sets of shirts and shoes to replace the ones on the InArt set about a month ago. Just have to wait for the shoes to be finished as they're shipping both together.

Ahh - I used to have such a crush on Brittany Murphy. Sad the way her mom treated her from what I've heard
Thanks. I had a look before, and while it's not exactly what I'm looking for, I think I'd be content with some of it as an upgrade. If the price is right and if there's any still available. I've sent them a message.

Thanks. I had a look before, and while it's not exactly what I'm looking for, I think I'd be content with some of it as an upgrade. If the price is right and if there's any still available. I've sent them a message.
Understood. If this thread (and other TDK Joker threads) proves anything, many of us have really different ideas on what we want out of a TDK Joker figure. I like the color that WonderWorld chose for their shirt which is why I went with them. Their shoes aren't the top of the line, but I think they're a step above the InArt. The best ones by Por.Toys were $220 $120 not including shipping for a single pair and that was over what I wanted to pay.

Last edited:
I hope it comes out looking really bad so I can point my finger and laugh at it (and at JND).

The best is when people post pictures of their toy/doll/statue and are like “see look guiz this is the greatest” and it looks like complete and utter ****. Kind of like these 1:3 statues that keep getting posted. I remember the customs community passing around that one custom Ledger sculpt like it was the second coming and every photo of it looked like the Ron Pearlman Beast with this overly grainy textured look that made it seem like it was sculpted out of cat litter and rooted with fluorescent green fibers. It was hilarious to me.

Nobody is going to get a headsculpt that looks like JND’s prototype,

View attachment 679236

I don’t care if it’s old Kenner/Hasbro toys or the newest InArt or Hot Toys. Final product always varies. They can say that “oh, our figures will look even better than the prototypes” but anyone with a brain knows that never happens. My earliest memory of this was as a kid with the prototypes you would see on the back of the box or cardback. Those figures were essentially mock ups, painted to perfection and photographed in the perfect studio light. Blemishes were airbrushed out. Any 1:6 collector has experienced this 10 fold be it Sideshow “tootsie roll” Aragorn or Hot Toys Harvey Two-Face.

I want to see a video of Kojun sitting there supervising each and every Joker that comes down that conveyer belt with real time lapse. That whole marketing schtick is up there with Hot Toys’ “each headsculpt is hand painted”. They’re full of ****. Mass production is mass production.
who pee'd in DiFabios corn flakes?

I know that if I didn't buy the Inart 2 pack, I would have ordered the type A. But if offered the choice at a clean slate, which one would I choose? 🤔🤔🤔

I think had Inart been considerate of their collector base like they're constantly and falsely boasting about (or rather marketing), and had they offered the single rooted Joker at around $550, then that would have genuinely in my opinion turned out to be the best offering.

Value is something to consider. If you're an obsessive nut in relentless pursuit of the perfect Ledger Joker doll like most of us here are, then chances are you're not going to be satisfied with either Inart, Hot Toys, or JND's offerings, because they all leave something to be desired. And until you reach your goal, you want to be managing your spending.

Of course there's praise for JND now, but the wheel will turn as it does, and before you know it, your $1k JND figure will join the ranks of obsolete Ledger Joker figures.

Back