JND Studios 1/6 scale Heath Ledger Joker figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They said they can surpass the prototype quality..? I'd love to be pleasantly surprised by them actually doing that given all the stuff we've seen from their statues.

Not to mention, not a single company has been able to match, let alone, surpass their 1/1 prototypes.

If they are able to pull off the moveable eyes with the proper tolerances and without the too thick eyelids on their first try, it will be an (1:6) industry first.
Given the price they better achieve that, but if I were to order this, that would be my biggest fear.

Yes he indeed stated this. I’ve never purchased a statue before so I cannot speak on the quality of them.

I do however know Kojuns relentless efforts to innovate. He was working tirelessly on the Al Pacino figure while all of the products on the market and in the customs world were lackluster at best. That has to count for something. He worked for HT and departed I presume due to their inability to realize and implement innovations he felt were imminent. I’m not saying this thing will come out 100% perfect, but they’re in an even tighter squeeze due to the pricing of their 1:6 line. This cannot fail, the 1:3 Ledger Joker looks absolutely awful, I own a pair of eyes, thanks. This doesn’t and is a completely new thing, this is the scale Kojun is most fond of and most experienced in, you can tell the guys heart is in this release. His name is the name of the line, he can’t run from it if this line becomes a disaster, try not to be pessimistic about what we don’t completely know yet.

I think JND has the best Joker likeness to date of the new high-end three (InArt, HT and JND). HT looks to have the best expression. If I hadn't just spent a grand less than a year ago for two InArt Jokers I'd have plopped down the cash for the single JND.

I took that risk on a high-end product lasting a good amount of time before something better showed up, and lost. The hobby is in a surge of change right now; big leaps forward -- and I love that! But it puts me in a wait-and-see mode now.

I gambled on IA Ledger and lost, but I have since gotten over it and moved on. I’m willing to give this a shot, always customs. But after this, the big three have spoken, this Ledger war cannot go on for another 3 years straight. IA 2023, HT 2024, & JND 2025. It will be awhile before this happens again.

That custom Al Pacino custom he was selling for $7000+ also had it's issues from what I remember but that was years ago. I wish this figure the best of course. Wariness that comes from a company entering this scale for the first time is pretty natural, Kojun or not. Let alone when they claim that their production will be better than their prototypes.

Naturally what I assumed will happen is that they slowly improve with each release, as you would expect companies to do, like what INART is currently doing. Surpassing your prototype on the first figure though is a tall order and like I said, I'd love to be surprised. Would be a hell of a way to enter this scale kicking down the door for sure and would certainly put away the fear and caution people have with this new tech atm.

I feel like those 3000 are gonna sit there for a long time.

JND is now the best Heath likeness from prototype photos. I think best bang for your buck is probably HT, but it wasn't easy getting that from the sideshow queue system. IA you needed the two pack for rooted but it's second best to me in terms of likeness, I just wish the white paint wasn't so pristine.

I heard people who does/collect customs figures weren't actually happy with this Joker. They said that it was too cheap lol

Last edited:
Kojun claims this will surpass the prototype

Kojun is either doing the worst hype job ever or just BS people since the figure doesn't come out until 2025, and most people will forget he even said that about the figure. If they can do better than the prototype, then why not show that instead. Their quality is not going to get better on thousands of figures than on one prototype that got all their attention, skills, and focus. At best, this figure looks as good as the prototype, and that's expecting a lot from a mass-produced figure. When it comes out it'll be no different than any other figure, first photos will show the figures with bad futzing, inconsistent hair styling, and awkward posing. People will freak out, until better photos get posted and then people will say, "Oh, not bad, not as good as the prototype, but it's better than... [insert name of company]"...and so on so forth. Anyway, we all know the cycle.

I’m sorry for this following post with the dump of photos…but I have to challenge those that keep claiming JND’s joker has the best, undisputed, heavenly, sculpted by the 1/6 gods, portrait to end all ledger war portraits…but how does this:

IMG_1358.jpeg

Reflect any of these:

IMG_1360.jpeg
IMG_1361.jpeg

IMG_1362.png
IMG_1371.jpeg

IMG_1365.jpeg

Apparently I have mud in my eyes…but how and where?

I can MAYBE see an argument it was based off of this?:

IMG_1366.jpeg
IMG_1372.jpeg
IMG_1370.jpeg

If that is the case, then the fact it comes with the purple coat is all sorts of wrong because almost every time he’s wearing it, his make up is full and vibrant…yknow, sorta like war paint??

@Hologram AI and I keep using the same picture over and over again and I am astonished how some people keep ignoring it…almost as if they are afraid to…but ONE MORE TIME:

How can you look at these photos and not acknowledge its craftsmanship??

IMG_1007.jpeg

Screen Shot 2023-09-20 at 10.33.10 PM.jpeg

IMG_1125.jpeg

IMG_1126.jpeg

IMG_1375.png

IMG_1376.png

Can we try and agree that MAYBE both Kojun and InArt are both excellent at what they were trying to capture?

But nah, let’s draw lines in the sand 😂

Last edited:
I think JND has the best Joker likeness to date of the new high-end three (InArt, HT and JND). HT looks to have the best expression. If I hadn't just spent a grand less than a year ago for two InArt Jokers I'd have plopped down the cash for the single JND.

I took that risk on a high-end product lasting a good amount of time before something better showed up, and lost. The hobby is in a surge of change right now; big leaps forward -- and I love that! But it puts me in a wait-and-see mode now.
I gambled on IA Ledger and lost, but I have since gotten over it and moved on. I’m willing to give this a shot, always customs. But after this, the big three have spoken, this Ledger war cannot go on for another 3 years straight. IA 2023, HT 2024, & JND 2025. It will be awhile before this happens again.

G Zeus, you guys are acting like the InArts Joker is complete ****. :lol Get a hold of yourselves. The HT and JND are just prototypes right now. The only thing we lost by getting the InArts two pack is space because of that giant box. That's my only regret. :lol

I’m sorry for this following post with the dump of photos…but I have to challenge those that keep claiming JND’s joker has the best, undisputed, heavenly, sculpted by the 1/6 gods, portrait to end all ledger war portraits…but how does this:

View attachment 679212

Reflect any of these:

View attachment 679213
View attachment 679214

View attachment 679215
View attachment 679217
View attachment 679218

View attachment 679219
View attachment 679221
View attachment 679220

If that is the case, then the fact it comes with the purple coat is all sorts of wrong because almost every time he’s wearing it, his make up is full and vibrant…yknow, sorta like war paint??

@Hologram AI and I keep using the same picture over and over again and I am astonished how some people keep ignoring it…almost as if they are afraid to…but ONE MORE TIME:

View attachment 679222

View attachment 679226
View attachment 679224
View attachment 679225

View attachment 679227
View attachment 679228

Can we try and agree that MAYBE both Kojun and InArt are both excellent at what they were trying to capture?

Now from these images and comparisons, IA is looking better here lol.

I don't know anymore 😅. But I think this proves that you don't need silicone, especially at this scale.

Now from these images and comparisons, IA is looking better here lol.

I don't know anymore 😅. But I think this proves that you don't need silicone, especially at this scale.

Right? I’d already said JND’s sculpt wasn’t 100 percent there and the main draw for me was the tech. But in terms of likeness, I fail to see how it’s the equivalent of “stomping this InArt MFer out”.

Another thing I’m flabbergasted by is the lack of pointing out the size of portrait. Am I the only one thinking it seems a tad small? Or is the coat bigger? I don’t know guys, help me see what you’re seeing here.

Edit*-people excited by the new shiny…I get it. But let’s not get carried away here by pretending InArt’s joker is ‘garbage that can’t be given away. Therefore it’s trash and obsolete. It was last years big boy toy…now JND is 2025’s biggER boyER toy. That was for boys, now THIS is for MEN.”

Like…really fellas? 😅

Last edited:
But suddenly, when another company offers a two-pack, with new materials and tech, for a couple hundred more, suddenly anyone who sees the worth of paying that extra quality is too much.

Genuinely there'll be collectors who own a Hot Toys Joker of some kind and say the exact same stuff about Inarts... Where's the quality that justifies paying 600-700 more than Hot Toys? We all get to gauge that - and yeah, price is important, but the gatekeeping of price that reflects quality of worth is a bit hypocritical.

You could start by being honest before going on a rant about ppl who bought the $1000 two pack. You know the JND two pack isn't $1200 anywhere but hey don't let the facts get in the way of your fiction bro.

Also try comparing apples with apples if you're gonna bring up HT.

G Zeus, you guys are acting like the InArts Joker is complete ****. :lol Get a hold of yourselves. The HT and JND are just prototypes right now. The only thing we lost by getting the InArts two pack is space because of that giant box. That's my only regret. :lol

Yo don’t knock on that box. It has space to store your foldable bike.

Give it a rest, honestly. I clearly said if you enjoy the IA more power to you. I’m not forcing anyone’s hand to purchase this, if you feel the price is too much, by all means go without it.

Kojun claims this will surpass the prototype, we didn’t get that promise from IA. To promise that on your first figure is ballsy and shouldn’t be sneezed at.
I don't have a horse in this race because I am simply not putting down the requisite cash for a piece like this (and don't need another Joker), but I don't see how this claim could possibly be believed. The prototype is painted by one of the best painters in the world. Unless this person is going to paint all of them and they are to be delivered in 2028, they will not match that quality.

The piece looks great, and I imagine the production piece will look great also--I'm just saying it doesn't sound very realistic.

Give it a rest, honestly. I clearly said if you enjoy the IA more power to you.

Are you replying to me? If so, what should I give a rest to?

you criticize IA’s Joker at every opportunity, I can’t be the balance and praise it?

Like…ok? With all due respect Nick…maybe YOU can give it a rest? If you don’t like IA’s Joker, more power to you. We get it. You don’t need to repeat yourself at every turn.

View attachment 679212

Reflect any of these:

View attachment 679213
View attachment 679214

View attachment 679215
View attachment 679217
View attachment 679218

View attachment 679219
View attachment 679221
View attachment 679220

View attachment 679222

View attachment 679226
View attachment 679224
View attachment 679225

View attachment 679227
View attachment 679228

I have no hate for any company, both inart and JND did an amazing job. For me the underlying JND sculpt looks more like Ledger, especially the side profile and eyes. Inarts sculpt itself is more plain and I’m not the fan of the eyes imo.

But where the differences come from is from the makeup, Inart is more scene specific towards his full makeup, whereas JND is more of a faded look, which doesn’t even look completely accurate from the interrogation scene. Inart honestly did better with the makeup.

The overall quality in realism though I’ll give it to JND, the silicon scene really shows the translucency of the makeup and the glass eyes make a small difference in quality. Slap JND another makeup artist and it will look 10/10. Although for me I’m happy enough with the prototype appearance. 😆

Back