JND Studios 1/6 scale Heath Ledger Joker figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the neutral sculpt looks pretty good but whoever said the smiling one looks like Fred Armisen was right on the money. 😅

Unfortunately the silicone gimmick feels wasted on another joker which isn't really that much better than the other recent ones, if they're going the way of stop motion puppets and silicone bodies they could've actually done something interesting with it.
Conan, Rambo, Terminator with an exposed endoskeleton, Sarah Connor, Indy, Ripley, The Bride, there's so many interesting characters they could've picked but of course DC/Marvel rules the collectible market. Their teasers for a LoTR line doesn't exactly scream excitement either, it just makes it look like they want a piece of InArt's pie and not trying to actually do something different with their silicone gimmick.

Regardless it will be interesting to see how these turn out, the final production statues people have posted don't look all that mind blowing to be honest and the punched in hair looks unnatural in the majority of them, more importantly there's a clear downgrade from the prototype with all of them, maybe JND can fix that with a smaller canvas but with the price, the questionable durability of the silicone parts and the same damn character that's been overdone to death this announcement just isn't producing that same buzz that InArt's caused.

Having three different companies tout the same character within a year is overkill.

Nice looking set though, but not nice enough for $800. Love the magnetic eye system, but like others have said that grinning sculpt is disappointing. Personally i would have preferred a laughing sculpt akin to the old HT version.

If I decide to do anything on this, it would be A for me.

Since it's really an interrogation room paint job, I'd remove the coat and jacket and use that instead of the Inart interrogation room joker from my rooted two pack. The shoulders have to be better with this one and I think it would look good with the massive Inart diorama.

That would be the only use I have for this. Still, it's $800 for that, and I really don't want to support JND. Don't get me wrong - I love the competition, but the company seems to be run by a bunch of a-holes.

It’s just strange to me that they would limit the two pack to overseas. Option B should of been the two pack with option C having the fancy arms and perhaps more accessories.

The secondary market prices for DX01, DX11, Bank Robber 2.0 have dropped dramatically. The InArt is steadily declining (both the cost of one rooted head and whole sets). I promise people aren’t going to keep paying $1,200 for that two pack.

With the Hot Toys Artisan and sculpted on its way along with A, B and C from JND, the market is truly saturated. I think by 2025-2026 people will be able to score option A for atleast $500 if not less. At that point I bet there are THREE more 1/6 Ledger Joker figures. That’s not even an exaggeration. This is assuming the final product for Hot Toys Artisan and JND even turn out well.

The market eventually dictates what these are all truly worth in the long run. The one person that will truly benefit will be the new collector on the block that loves Dark Knight Ledger Joker and is just now discovering 1:6 collecting. He’ll have Hot Toys V1, Bank Robber, DX01, DX11, BR 2.0, InArt (single sculpted, two pack sculpted, two pack rooted), Artisan (sculpted, rooted), and JND (A and B) to choose from at a fraction of their original MSRPs.

I think it depends on how this release turns out, Kojun claims it will surpass the prototype, we’ll see. Also depends how many of these are produced, with option C being 500, I truly don’t see the other options that much more available, definitely less than 10k. You’re simply not going to mass produce individually hand punched dyed hair on silicon wrapped skulls. They’ve got to notice how retailers and resellers couldn’t even give away the InArt for buy one get one half off.

Judging by the lack of enthusiasm here, I would extrapolate that out to the world. If the nutjobs here aren't happy, well then...

I still hope there will be a few more pictures released with the Type B and Type A PO tonight. But I'm cooling on the idea of making a PO. Wait-and-see seems like the better strategy.

Damn this boy still up for order?

I guess the pricing really pushes people out. Limited HT stuff on sideshow go in 20-30 minutes, and those are in the thousands with a limit of 1.

And where the hell they selling Inart stuff for BOGO? I need to get on that.

Damn this boy still up for order?

I guess the pricing really pushes people out. Limited HT stuff on sideshow go in 20-30 minutes, and those are in the thousands with a limit of 1.

It really is expensive. There's a number here that's willing to get it if it was open to US customers. I'm wondering how many of these 500 units have been taken. If this hasn't disappeared yet, then most likely preorders for A and B will linger for a while as well.

Yeah JND don't have that hype that Inart did just feels like their owner has got that copy and past button.

I'd prefer something different I'm jokered out not to mention the hands are concerning issue! The use of seamless seems pointless on joker when you can't see it anyway! Then there's the silly price for point C! 🤦

JND definitely don't have much hype, the smile sculpt also looks pretty stupid.

It's hilarious that JND is telling people to not look for comparisons for the smiling sculpt.... like they know it's off. He simply never looks like that when smiling. If they aren't making it accurate to HL then wtf is the point? No one wants artist interpretations.

View attachment 678718
I'm surprised no one else has attempted a laughing sculpt, as the old HT one is still the best I've ever seen. And the only laughing/smiling expression I'd ever want to use with this Joker.

Ah sheet forgot only Joke is widely out, was thinking it would be for all Inart stuff like gandalf and pennywise too.

Ah sheet forgot only Joke is widely out, was thinking it would be for all Inart stuff like gandalf and pennywise too.
Yea, I’d keep an eye out after full release and the hype for them dies down, these retailers want to move all of this dead stock.

The secondary market prices for DX01, DX11, Bank Robber 2.0 have dropped dramatically. The InArt is steadily declining (both the cost of one rooted head and whole sets). I promise people aren’t going to keep paying $1,200 for that two pack.

With the Hot Toys Artisan and sculpted on its way along with A, B and C from JND, the market is truly saturated. I think by 2025-2026 people will be able to score option A for atleast $500 if not less. At that point I bet there are THREE more 1/6 Ledger Joker figures. That’s not even an exaggeration. This is assuming the final product for Hot Toys Artisan and JND even turn out well.

The market eventually dictates what these are all truly worth in the long run. The one person that will truly benefit will be the new collector on the block that loves Dark Knight Ledger Joker and is just now discovering 1:6 collecting. He’ll have Hot Toys V1, Bank Robber, DX01, DX11, BR 2.0, InArt (single sculpted, two pack sculpted, two pack rooted), Artisan (sculpted, rooted), and JND (A and B) to choose from at a fraction of their original MSRPs.
Very well said.

Me in 2025-2026 when I find this post.

bruce wayne thank you GIF

Still, it's $800 for that, and I really don't want to support JND. Don't get me wrong - I love the competition, but the company seems to be run by a bunch of a-holes.
I've been reading similar posts in other places, if JND are as stubborn and arrogant as people claim it could affect their 1/6 products. Communication, transparency and being open to feedback were three huge reasons why InArt became so beloved in such a short span of time and why so many were willing to bet on their Joker, so while statue collectors might enjoy JND's elitist approach to collectibles I feel 1/6 collectors won't appreciate a company that refuses to listen to their costumers.

Especially when you're trying to charge $900-$1700 for these figures. Being stubborn and closed off on feedback just has you becoming like Hot Toys where it feels like any sense of communication is fallen on deaf ears. Except JND doesn't have the benefit that Hot Toys had throughout the years of being the only 1/6 figure company producing at a high level. We now have more options available to us. Being both expensive, closed off on feedback and having bad production isn't gonna get them far.

But even HT was open to communication and feedback in its early years. All companies that thrive start off with good customer relations -- Sideshow, Hot Toys, InArt.

I can't name any that lasted who started with a "closed door" policy to its customers (no matter how many explosions they put in their videos). R_R_X is right, 1/6th collectors are very different collectors than statue people -- look at what they collect: Statue People want a finished, fixed item, that they place and walk away, and in as low an edition size as possible... while 1/6th collectors like to toy with their figures, pose them, share photos with others, upgrade and makes changes; it's a very open hobby.

Last edited:
Back