JND Studios 1/6 scale Heath Ledger Joker figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just looked it up and yeah that's exactly the same vibe it's giving me. He just looks super awkward? I don't know what it is exactly.

WRut5d7.png
z8S03ie.png
I have seen a lot of guys smiling exactly like this on some hair transplant clinics billboards.

I Think judging from the photos, JND has the best likeness and HT the worst. JND still isn't perfect though and I'm not sure I like that slightly duck face expression, but he kind of does that I suppose 😅

I'm undecided which version I should go for, type B and C are the ones that interest me. The problem is that I don't remember him smiling like that in the movie ever. Instead of looking like he is laughing at someone, he look like he is watching someone die in front of him. I would prefer it if the eyebrows were more raised. The DX11 laughing sculpt is not bad, maybe I just prefer laughing over smiling.
As much as I want to replace my InArt Deluxe Rooted with 2 JND Jokers, I'm leaning towards type B, because I would still have the option to use the 2nd head if it turns out better than I thought. Also I like the chair and wooden floor.

The closest where he looked like that is probably from the nurse scene.
vlcsnap-2023-12-14-12h12m45s793(1).png
batmanjokerimpro.jpg

If you're ordering, which version are you going for and why?

I think I’m slowly caving and it all because of this one picture that’s in the middle. Just screams “ You know, you remind me of my father”!!! What’s the price point on figure A in AUD or USD? I think I just talked myself into this one 😂

Attachments

• IMG_2801.jpeg
    IMG_2801.jpeg
    408 KB · Views: 0
View attachment 678503

First comparison photo, is it perfect? Nope, but it’s still one of the most realistic figures we have ever seen in 1:6 so far and I’m liking it a lot. I really liked hot toys but when I see JND’s all I see is a statue on the top pic.
I clearly don't see a statue on the top pic...
It's 100% better than the statue wich is ugly

Joker JND.jpeg

Took inspiration from potatocorner4life, had to add INART’s Joker. View attachment 678524
Unfair comparison, you took Inart final produt VS protoype for JND and HT

Their releases are getting better with each one. Here’s the Bale I have. This Joker is one the strongest sculpts they’ve offered from proto which says a lot because out the gates even their proto sculpts aren’t super accurate to actor. Honestly it’s the paint and silicone finish that takes the realism to the next level. If they can nail the sculpt is always questionable with JND.
IMG_2768.jpeg

View attachment 678609

Inarts one still fairs well in that photo tbh, hot toys looks the worst there.

My thoughts on this are a couple things.

1. This will be extremely expensive in AUD, I'm content with my inart so i won't and probably cannot get this anyway.

2. This looks pretty good! That photo of the face staring straight on is so creepily realistic! It's really nice looking. The tailoring isn't perfect, and neither are the head sculpts because as good as they look, there's something off about them if you stare at it long enough. This does look cool, not 1700 USD cool though. "Pretty good" isn't gonna cut it for me. And, more space taken up by yet another joker figure which could just be another figure altogether. I said to myself a rule of one figure per iteration of character and I'm gonna stick with it

Their releases are getting better with each one. Here’s the Bale I have. This Joker is one the strongest sculpts they’ve offered from proto which says a lot because out the gates even their proto sculpts aren’t super accurate to actor. Honestly it’s the paint and silicone finish that takes the realism to the next level. If they can nail the sculpt is always questionable with JND.View attachment 678614

I'm sorry man... that looks weird.

I actually want to get the type c just to see if this is really the proper future of 1/6. Let the fingers break on my usage so I can get my own assessment on it. See if this 1/6 silicone is worth going this direction. But with the price and everything, I really can't. Sculpt seems OK to me. The other details on the clothing are off as has been mentioned. Will JND fine tune it, I have no idea. There seems to be a consensus that they're hard headed so most likely no.

I'm sorry man... that looks weird.

I actually want to get the type c just to see if this is really the proper future of 1/6. Let the fingers break on my usage so I can get my own assessment on it. See if this 1/6 silicone is worth going this direction. But with the price and everything, I really can't. Sculpt seems OK to me. The other details on the clothing are off as has been mentioned. Will JND fine tune it, I have no idea. There seems to be a consensus that they're hard headed so most likely no.
I agree. The likeness isn’t there. But the point was more about proto to production comparison. Also, the paint apps are great. They suffer most in accuracy to likeness. This has been their biggest issue. So far though, this Joker has the best likeness to the actual actor then their previous offerings. This pic is not to show off their sculpt but moreso the paint and how silicone adds another realm of realism.

I agree. The likeness isn’t there. But the point was more about proto to production comparison. Also, the paint apps are great. They suffer most in accuracy to likeness. This has been their biggest issue. So far though, this Joker has the best likeness to the actual actor then their previous offerings. This pic is not to show off their sculpt but moreso the paint and how silicone adds another realm of realism.

Maybe it's just the photo and maybe it's better seen in-person but the quality and skin tone seem so off. I can't see the added realism to it. As a matter of fact, it really projects how artificial looking it is. Zooming in, the skin texture seems that of a person that's middle aged to senior with the paleness or transparency of a newborn. Hard to explain.

View attachment 678609

I meant the overall quality is statue like it’s clear it’s two different sculpts.. they’ve improved a lot since then.

Back