JND Studios 1/6 scale Heath Ledger Joker figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The tailoring and outfit details are lackluster to me. They could’ve pushed the envelope to produce the best 1/6 Joker in all areas and I fear they haven’t.

IMG_6107.png
IMG_6108.png
IMG_6109.png
IMG_6110.png
IMG_6111.png
IMG_6112.png
IMG_6113.png
IMG_6114.png
IMG_6115.png
IMG_6116.png
IMG_6117.png
IMG_6118.png

Love that it doesn't have the super thick eyelids as well. It's not something that typically bothers me but it's nice to see they were able to get them pretty thin

I agree about the smiling sculpt. Something a little weird about it. Like @Nick D mentioned, it's very reminiscent of the Prime1 1/3 smiling sculpt. Maybe I'm wrong as I haven't seen the movie in a couple months, but I dont' really recall him making that kind of smile.

it's very reminiscent of the Prime1 1/3 smiling sculpt. Maybe I'm wrong as I haven't seen the movie in a couple months, but I dont' really recall him making that kind of smile.
Just looked it up and yeah that's exactly the same vibe it's giving me. He just looks super awkward? I don't know what it is exactly.

WRut5d7.png
z8S03ie.png

Those explosions at every animation had me laughing out loud behind my desk. Did a high school intern add that sound effect? :lol

The regular sculpt looks really good overall. It looks amazing from some angles, though from others it looks like his right eye is a bit more open than the left, which makes him look like he's squinting somehow.

I'm happy that I haven't seen anything though that makes me want to pay $800-1000 for this and upgrade my InArt. I decided to be an early adopter with InArt, but I don't think I'll do that here.

Just looked it up and yeah that's exactly the same vibe it's giving me. He just looks super awkward? I don't know what it is exactly.

WRut5d7.png
z8S03ie.png

It’s likely the disconnect between and angry brow and a smile. The top and bottom half of the face don’t align. Try it in the mirror and you’ll look odd too trust me! 😂

Reminds me of DiCaprio impression of Nicholson when he raises the eyebrows and grins.

I’m so glad I’ve never cared for the more expressive portraits beyond the straight-faced neutral/“menacing” looks. That alternate smiling portrait looks silly to me.

This is disappointing. I think I'm leaning more towards Inart, though I should note, I set a higher bar for JND, so it stings to see them follow up with the same mistakes as other companies.

I don't like the shirt color and the ridiculous oversized collar that, in almost every shot, the head appears to drown in.

I don't like the vest length and particularly I'm flustered by its color. Inart, Topo, Hot Toys, why can't anybody get it right? It's rather obvious..

The trousers are too short. Personally, I don't favor the silver chain.

Coat looks great, but the missing stitching on the lapels is frustrating to see again.

The plastic shoes are an eyesore. Why do a silicone skin covered endo skeleton, but take a pass on the shoe material. Even Hot Toys tried something unique 10 years ago with the DX11, yet no company, Hot toys included, wants to bother with trying that again. Plastic can pass for certain material. But it doesn't for the shoes Ledger wore.

Base sculpt is good. Paint is noticeably improved over Inart, but the hair isn't quite right (neither company got it right).

The smiling sculpt is hideous @Wor-Gar. Rather than capture something from a film still, they chose creative liberty with this expression, and I don't think it translates.

Last edited:
C'mon mannn, even in that photo you can see his lips do not look that shapely. They just stick out a lot, especially that upper lip. He literally looks like he's pouting.

And again, the clothing doesn't look like anything we haven't seen before. Still has inaccurate coat lapels, blazer color, pants too slim, yadda yadda.

Still don't know why both sculpts have interrogation paint.

Thing I hate the most is I'm still probably going to order it because I collect all 1/6 TDK, ****.

Perhaps, need to get home from work to look at it properly, could be a case where it looks proper at a tilted angle and slightly off at others, but Joker does do it throughout the film.

Waiting to see the video but from those pictures that's everything I want from a 1/6 Joker, won't be need any others. Spot on likeness, fantastic tailoring, looks anatomically correct. Absolutely phenomenal job, can't wait to see the end result.

Back