JND Studios 1/6 scale Heath Ledger Joker figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yea, Type A seems like the way to go if I were to get one. Still on the fence though. Similar to what @DarthAlias mentioned in one of their previous posts, it sort of sucks that there are elements from each of the current Jokers that I like and would probably make for a really good one once combined. I just don't want to spend another ~$800 for basically an accessory pack

Last edited:
PXL_20231208_090807571.PORTRAIT.jpgPXL_20231208_084747976.PORTRAIT.jpgPXL_20231006_130358430~2.jpgPXL_20231006_130139376.jpg

Pattinson Batman turned out great in my opinion. I'm not a photographer and I don't have a proper camera, but it's clear that these portraits do not look good without correcting the lens to compliment its actual look in life, and that flat lighting has the same unflattering look as a normal human face.

At the same time, I fully appreciate that, to be quite honest, a substantial amount of fan photos make these statues looks like hot garbage, and therefore, with the high price tag, it appears even worse.

It's a shame, because I think a lot of people are being more harsh because of the price. This 1/6 looks outstanding, and I'm not saying that to change opinions, it's just my own, but comparing some of those photos to film stills it's actually unreal how far 1/6 has come if they can maintain that look through to production.

Anyway, I'm going to get at least a version, hopefully C.

Biggest shame about this figure is gonna be JND's lack of ability to take in feedback. It's bad to the point where I'm seeing people mention a lot of Korean collectors have stopped buying their stuff because how stubborn they are. It would suck if they acted the same towards these. Someone even said that buyers that later sold their statues for less then retail price got blacklisted from JND.

Biggest shame about this figure is gonna be JND's lack of ability to take in feedback. It's bad to the point where I'm seeing people mention a lot of Korean collectors have stopped buying their stuff because how stubborn they are. It would suck if they acted the same towards these. Someone even said that buyers that later sold their statues for less then retail price got blacklisted from JND.
Yea I have seen on statue forum that a lot of ppl are starting to reconsider their JND purchases, at least over there. Some of which have stated whatever they have on order would be their last purchase (of course we all say that a lot of the time :lol ) However, I see a fair amount of ppl selling off their statues in the JND collectors group for quite a reduced amount, but haven’t seen any mention of getting blacklisted

Yea I have seen on statue forum that a lot of ppl are starting to reconsider their JND purchases, at least over there. Some of which have stated whatever they have on order would be their last purchase (of course we all say that a lot of the time :lol ) However, I see a fair amount of ppl selling off their statues in the JND collectors group for quite a reduced amount, but haven’t seen any mention of getting blacklisted
Yeah I just saw Charles Lim saying it's been happening and he's usually fairly close with all the things happening behind the scenes. Who knows for certain with that but not the best thing to hear. Either way, not a good feeling you have going into this, especially for those who are gonna spend $1500-$2000 on it. If they adjust the outfit, smiling sculpt and don't have a ****** production version, they will be in a really good spot. Would also give me more hope for their future Indy

So my disinterest in the "grinning" (if you can call it that) headsculpt now eliminates Type C and Type B from consideration.

I do like the plain ol' glum expression though despite some nits, so... to Type A or not to Type A....?

OK, so earlier today someone posted a terrible in-hand picture of the InArt Joker next to the proto JND. No comparison, JND wins.

Just so you know, I do think the JND proto Joker basic head is better than the InArt one. But I wanted to see a more fair comparison, so here is Proto vs Proto...

JND vs InArt proto COMP 12-14-23.jpg

I didn't bother with the JND 'grinning' head because InArt clearly wins that battle.

To be fair about the pants, they seem to vary a bit, in promo shots they’re a bit baggy on the thighs, yet in the interrogation room they’re well tailored and actually have a bit of high water going on.

The waistcoat however is just too tailored and too high of a cut in both the bottom as well as the lapels of it if you will. Granted two buttons are removed here, it still is a bit loose with them.

View attachment 678626
Joker lookin like he got titties there. Sweet

They all look the same to me lol

They do, don't they? Give that photo to a random person without knowledge of they're toys, they'll most likely think it's actually Ledger with different makeup quality. Comparison of the sculpt is pointless currently until the final product is released.

Comparison of the sculpt is pointless currently until the final product is released.

Yep. That's why I used protos.

One can assume a similar loss in detail/quality from JND's proto to production. Might help some, with imagination, to better make a decision on with "type" they want.

Back