JND Studios 1/6 scale Heath Ledger Joker figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some of their 1/3 statues have both squishy hands and head. While not poseable, if they're using similar materials, I would not run the risk of posing extremely. You would be foolish to expect this to be as poseable as a regular HT and not expect it to wear down in the future. Play with caution is expected. I'm ok with museum poses since I never mess around with posing but for those that do, I would caution for sure, this will most likely breakdown earlier. Even regular silicone statues shouldn't be handled all the time. But that's me and everyone has their way of 'handling' figures lol.

I see this figure as a poseable statue. I've embraced statues even more but I aslo see this as the last Ledger figure I need in 1/6th. Happy to invest for the best.

This is not an investment.

At 2K they can **** right off. lol. It's like companies think Joker fans are made of money or something. Heve they seen these guys at conventions? lol.

If moving this will be such an issue that JND needs to warn collectors about it then they and other companies trying to employ similar techniques should stop calling these figures and adopt a new moniker, "1/6 poseable statue" would be more accurate since they are actually charging statue prices.

Some of their 1/3 statues have both squishy hands and head. While not poseable, if they're using similar materials, I would not run the risk of posing extremely. You would be foolish to expect this to be as poseable as a regular HT and not expect it to wear down in the future. Play with caution is expected. I'm ok with museum poses since I never mess around with posing but for those that do, I would caution for sure, this will most likely breakdown earlier. Even regular silicone statues shouldn't be handled all the time. But that's me and everyone has their way of 'handling' figures lol.
Why should we be going backwards in terms of articulation and durability? Are $2000 12" "statues" that will eventually break down in a few years, really what they want to be aiming to sell here?

Shouldn't the hope be that they got a lock down on this silicone business and that these figures will have the benefit of both without the cons?

This is not an investment.

At 2K they can **** right off. lol. It's like companies think Joker fans are made of money or something. Have they seen these guys at conventions? lol.
When people are snatching up their 1/3 statues that sellout same day, they aren't expecting typical 1/6 collectors. At only 500, you're right, this it not for most of the community. They're testing their high-end collector customer with 1/6 is more like it. Not 1/6th collector with HIGH END pricing. Just a fact, why many don't buy statues let alone JND. I don't consider myself high end at all but happy to pay a premium for a premium product. Especially if it comes up rarely. Like IA, I can't see them making more than a few figures a year. I hope they never get the SW/Disney license lol...

Why should we be going backwards in terms of articulation and durability? Are $2000 12" "statues" that will eventually break down in a few years, really what they want to be aiming to sell here?

Shouldn't the hope be that they got a lock down on this silicone business and that these figures will have the benefit of both without the cons?
There was a time not long ago when 1/6 collectors were at Hot Toys's heels because of the issues their $200-300 figures had in terms of durability and articulation now they seem to be happy with something that costs between $800-2000 but has no guarantee of lasting as long as a normal PVC figure and that you can't move if you want it to last long...

1/6 high end Joker fans are apparently made of money when you look at the custom community which I’m guessing JND is more or less catering to. Ppl spending like what $6-$8k on those Adam Gu heads? Or $150-$200 on an unpainted custom sculpt then another $300-$500 to root it and then probably another $300 to paint it. And that’s just the sculpt!

If I remember correctly, wasn’t the Kato outfit custom run that eventually became the prototype for the DX11 also originally ~1k? Heck, the latest Hwa custom purple coat alone is like $500ish.

I think there was also a small run of 1/4 scale statues or figures (by YJ Park maybe 🤔) that were around $10k each

Those numbers definitely make these figure companies think that Joker fans are made of money :lol

Last edited:
Again, at 500 Type-C made, they aren't catering to the mass 1/6th community. Clearly, they're going for a small group of collectors who have no issue paying for this level of qualify. Whether it lasts years or decades, we won't know but if it breaks down within months or early years, their whole operation is bust. Can they stay in the game as long as HT? That will prove a lot and only time will tell. But let's be clear, they don't want your, 'priced out collector,' and with these prices they could care less. That's the name of their game. Pretty much the custom collector like you pointed out.

Again, at 500 Type-C made, they aren't catering to the mass 1/6th community. Clearly, they're going for a small group of collectors who have no issue paying for this level of qualify. Whether it lasts years or decades, we won't know but if it breaks down within months or early years, their whole operation is bust. Can they stay in the game as long as HT? That will prove a lot and only time will tell. But let's be clear, they don't want your, 'priced out collector,' and with these prices they could care less. That's the name of their game. Pretty much the custom collector like you pointed out.
While I agree, I don’t see this offering being up to custom work standards.

You give 1/6 collectors a lot of credit. I can assure you the majority of those buying this overpriced 2k doll are living outside their means and are broke as ****.

It's this "elite" mentality that makes them believe they own something unique, while their bank account suffers. They end up selling everything once the rent is due.

While I agree, I don’t see this offering being up to custom work standards.
Still cheaper than most customs considering the cut n sew, sculpt, paint and root job is well over the $2K for TWO figures. However, other than the potential clothing, this has better features than a custom, but the sculpt will be scrutinized more once we actually see more pics.
You give 1/6 collectors a lot of credit. I can assure you the majority of those buying this overpriced 2k doll are living outside their means and are broke as ****.

It's this "elite" mentality that makes them believe they own something unique, while their bank account suffers. They end up selling everything once the rent is due.
I hope not, but still even then, 500 is not a lot for production which I would hope the more well-off collectors would but, but again, everyone spends their money how they see fit. Many wouldn't dare to even spend $200 on a 1/6th figure let alone $2K haha. I myself am selling half of my collection for one piece in particular, but this is my personal new grail and don't think I'd ever be able to find one again. Unfortunately, with companies like IA and now JND, the new norm of figure prices are going up. Perhaps HT will be the entry level 1/6th company while others will be premium given where they're reaching new standards. Anyway, it's not for most, but I will bite, just hope JND doesn't bite me back in the long run.

So the A and B silicone hands just articulate at the wrist, but you only get two of them? That’s lame. All together, this Joker only has like what, 8 hands? The two flesh ones just being in a neutral pose.

InArt wins in that department. They gave us like 5 flesh hands with a ton of different gestures. And guess what, they were seamless. They’ll last a helluva a lot longer for people going with the Interrogation/Jail Cell look. Want him to point? Grab the pointing arm. Want him to clap? Grab the clapping hand. No contorting of the fingers necessary. That’s my biggest gripe about the Hot Toys Robocop, the lack of sculpted trigger hands. I hate messing with those cheap articulated fingers. Now with rubber silicone thrown into the mix? Nah, forget that.

- Cards and money, have plenty of em already
- Handcuffs, have em already
- Grenade rig, have em already
- Glock, have it already
- Machine gun, have it already

I guess I just don’t get what they’re trying to achieve here. Their “mad dog” and smiling heads look good from what little we’ve seen, the only thing holding them back is . . . the squishy neck and faces.

Traditional hardsculpts > rubbery faces/necks

For Joker, the neck post and chest area is hidden by a shirt, a tie, a vest, a coat and a jacket. 4 layers of clothing. The traditional neck posts by Hot Toys and InArt hide the seam. Most of you aren’t going to articulate this head because you’re going to baby it because it has silicone skin. So again I ask, what is the point of this?

Back