JND Studios 1/6 scale Heath Ledger Joker figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've interpreted it as them having not much faith in collectors cognitive ability to be gentle with delicate articulations. This is a safety-net for that as opposed for them breaking as bad design. I imagine this is also why the fingers are only articulated in the 'C' option, sort out the wheat from the chaff type approach.

Correct but you can always adjust them to sit lower. They did however give him a silver pocket chain which is nice, slightly out of scale though.

As I mentioned earlier, no one should be going into this without some caution. Similar to INART, this is very much a test dummy figure for them. It's not surprising that they give some warning regarding the silicone since this entire silicone gimmick they're doing is untested at this scale. It's going to be the figure that has issues and lets them know what they need to improve on going forward.

His pants aren't short like that either, are they? Seems they break over his shoes in all those publicity photos.
His socks definitely shouldn't be visible when just standing straight. They need some fold/bend at the ankles, similar to Indy.

IZV4xwJ.png
bJOW68l.png

I've interpreted it as them having not much faith in collectors cognitive ability to be gentle with delicate articulations. This is a safety-net for that as opposed for them breaking as bad design. I imagine this is also why the fingers are only articulated in the 'C' option, sort out the wheat from the chaff type approach.
This is you right now,

1702493370395.gif

Don’t be that guy.

This is you right now,

View attachment 678342

Don’t be that guy.

I need a suit first.

The tech could be bad for the fingers, who knows until it's out. But I'd put more money on possible breakages due to mishandling, you've not seen all the videos on Youtube of people over extending articulation? Moveable 1/6 fingers without care when moving them is asking to be broken.

So seems obvious why they've put them only in the higher price category, those who pay that high a price presumably will put more consideration into articulating them.

You would think these companies would put out a video showcasing articulation and its limits on the preorder page ahead of release.

I can understand someone accidentally breaking things on newly developed bodies that are fully clothed. Most collectors don’t care to remove a jacket for the interrogation look let alone fully redress them.

My neck tore!

My articulated fingers are tearing!!

My glass eyeballs cracked and are crooked!!!

My face paint is rubbing off because paint on silicone is like water and oil!!!!

Atleast no blu-tac behind his ears.
I called it!

They better have a return service for the head, neck and eyes too.

And spare eyeballs. You know people will take them out OR get the magnet too close and the eye pops out... falls into that plush carpet... and no more eye.

Back