JND Studios 1/6 scale Heath Ledger Joker figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I must admit when it comes to comparing the minutia of Ledger Joker likenesses there are truly some obsessive passionate folk out there.....
crazy stanley kubrick GIF

But seriously the tech innovations with this piece are really interesting, but probably completely unnecessary for this character and I can't help but fear some people are gonna feel sick spending over a grand on a figure that may deteriorate in a matter of a few years.
For me - I could visibly tell the difference between my old Hot Toys Joker and the new Inart one, and so I could justify and was happy to upgrade.
But this and the HT Artisan offerings.... I dont see much difference when I compare to the Inart.
Speaking of that gif above, when we gonna get another one of those Jokers? Went from 0 Ledgers to 3 in the span of 2 years lmao.

But seriously the tech innovations with this piece are really interesting, but probably completely unnecessary for this character and I can't help but fear some people are gonna feel sick spending over a grand on a figure that may deteriorate in a matter of a few years.
just like most things in this hobby, it all depends on how one takes care of it. I still have one of the original Phicen bodies (before they changed names to TBLeague and used the metal endoskeleton) with the plastic interior frame still in tact with no splits or anything like that that was used to upgrade sideshow's old Lara Croft figure. If what JND say is true, they use one of the highest grade silicones for their products so no one should have to worry about any deterioration for around 20years or so as along as it's well maintained. Of course, by then we'll probably have figures that walk, talk and shoot real bullets that cost as much as a car

Last edited:
The new technology of this figure is amazing but if the sculpt ends up like their 1/3 scale one for final production I think the Inart one might be get the cigar in the end but we’ll have to wait and see. Could also be saying that because I have the Inart one 🤷🏽‍♂️😂

Would this even hold value after its release? I've seen the JND Joker go for under $2k along with a few of their other statues.

Would this even hold value after its release? I've seen the JND Joker go for under $2k along with a few of their other statues.
Probably not, but InArt’s is also struggling to hold value so not really sure how that matters unless you’re intent is to buy now only to resell later in hopes of making a profit. Most likely a combination of economy, too many Jokers on the market and buyers remorse. These type of collectibles of higher end figures and statues as a whole are struggling to hold their value in today’s market. And as I believe you mentioned in one of the other Bat-related threads, you’ve been able to get and/or see some new releases below retail on the aftermarket already; so, any drop in aftermarket value isn’t purely exclusive to JND and their products.

Last edited:

It retailed below 2k anyway, I think it was like 1899.

WW84 sells for a lot more than it retailed for (at least they're listed higher, not sure if they sell higher).

I imagine with the new tech and if the quality is great these will hold or go higher.

But the way I see it is if you're paying this much for a collectible it's because you intend it to be your be all end all.

I got through like 30-40 hot tots by selling and buying and reducing, not a chance is even bother doing this with statues and high-end 1/6. I've not moved a 1/3 statue on in three years.

Getting the point bow though where I will need to pass on everything because I don't have the space or want to sell such high cost items, so no more comic characters for me soon.

Can we all just take a moment and embrace that we’ve FINALLY GOT A SMILING HEAD IN AN OFFICIAL RELEASE!?! It only took 15 years, but we’ve arrived. Hot Toys and InArt should be ashamed that Kojun and K-Pop Steve Jobs beat them to the punch.

I supose we will have some kind of video or hi res pictures before opening the preorder right?

Yes finally a smiling sculpt and it only costs $2000 😅
Eh. $1700 is the rumor for the two-pack, I thought? I don’t know. I guess I’m not getting the sticker shock many are because I feel like InArt kind of set the stage for the advent of the $1,000+ two-pack. Hell, Hot Toys is charging about $500 for their rooted option that, thus far, ain’t exactly inspiring confidence. These things have gone from a weirdly niche, slightly expensive/slightly dumb hobby to an obscene luxury expenditure that it’s a wonder hasn’t priced out 90% of collectors.

The way I see it, anything over $250 should have us reaching for our ankles and grabbing the Crisco, so, at this point, nothing shocks me anymore. People weren’t just okay with $1K for a die-cast jail cell and some rooted hair, they called it “figure of the year.” I don’t see what changed between then and now.:lol

Back