JND Studios 1/6 scale Heath Ledger Joker figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I’m in. The bastards actually did it. They beat everybody else to the punch with a smiling sculpt. That’s the only thing I wanted. The dogs are a nice touch, too, and they don’t look terrible. I don’t care. I’ve wanted a smiling sculpt with those gross ass yellow teeth for as long as Hot Toys has been pumping out Jokers and this is the first one that fits the bill, so, **** it. JND for me.

Option B seems like the best choice imo. Option A feels a little light for what’s essentially 1k out the door, option C for 2k is not happening.

It's a bit light on accessories but I'm tempted by the base one. JND seem to get styled on a lot but they're out here pushing the boat further than even IA in terms of tech, and that's in no way a shot at them.

I'm obviously not the target market for this. A few years ago I got the Prime 1 Hush Superman for $1000. Felt like a lot of money but it has incredible presence.

Once $1500 became the norm for 1/3 scale, not to mention insane shipping prices, I quit the statue game.

$1700 for little 1/6 scale figures, whatever gimmicks they might have, is just beyond comprehension for me.

Who's looking forward to having to strip the body down and refutz all the clothes just to swap heads?
It’s not too bad, I interchange bits from the various custom suits and sculpts. A bit of water treatment and a pair of tweezers does wonders. I would hope for 1k + you wouldn’t just throw it on the shelf and forget it.

The time and resources spent on the Rottweilers could’ve went into perfecting the suit and coat imo.

Looks great, 0 interest given I got the InArt 6 months ago.

I’m in the category of that one is good enough for me (and I own multiple JND pieces).

It’s going to be the best one out there assuming production matches proto; but I just don’t think the demand will be there given the proximity to the other high end releases.

Having IA rooted pack and Artisan on order....I'm going for the 2-pack on this. Bring it! This could be last 1/6 Joker I'll need, what else in quality materials is there after silicone?

Last edited:
People worried about pleather weathering, welcome to silicone syndrome is all I'm saying. Unless of course people are ok about their dolls disintegrate after five years. Really cool they're pushing new tech tho, impressive stuff.

5LUowlV.jpg

I'm not up on my Joker customs -- which Joker is this? I read WonderWorld and Aries...?

Great Joker whatever it is. Was hoping JND would do something like that.

Dunno guys, I think we should wait for a new company to come out with new cloning technology so they can use Ledger's DNA to create little 1/6 versions of him so we can have an actual living and breathing Joker in our displays.

But seriously it's kind of ridiculous that this is the third Joker coming in the last 2 years and even more ridiculous that collectors who got InArt's $1000 double pack also want to get this because of the new gimmicks but will then proceed to complain about the lack of variety in licenses and figures out there.

This whole battle of titans is very entertaining though, everyone hyped up InArt and rightfully criticized Hot Toys but now JND comes along with silicone and gunning for the same licenses and suddenly InArt is no longer the savior of the hobby.

Ah, OK. It's a very good combination in that photo with that lighting.

On a side note -- perhaps fitting or portentous, my InArt Joker fell over on its display shelf today. Woke up to find him face down on the glass. Is he admitting defeat?

😂

Damn! No damage I hope?

Back