JND Studios 1/6 scale Heath Ledger Joker figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very curious about the likeness (the most important part lol), but I like the magnetic eyes the most. I always wanted someone to try using silicone this way but personally I'll always prefer no silicone since I don't trust it to not tear in extreme poses, I bet most people will end up displaying it with the head in a neutral position out of the same fear lol, which makes it kind of pointless. But since I know my InArt will last forever I might take a chance with this if the likeness is amazing and it isn't absurdly expensive lol. I never really felt like my Joker figures needed a silicone neck but I get why they had to do this first.

Last edited:
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Wow. Seeing these just made scowl at some of my ol' HT figures (lookin' at you, Drax) :cautious:

Their quality has always been whats promised,

I wouldn’t say that at all. Their 1/3 Ledger looks terrible compared to the prototype.

What they’re currently showing looks great, but no way would I fork over $800 on one figure without seeing a real production piece. The gamble paid off with InArt, but this feels much more “dangerous”. So much could go wrong here.

I'd also say wait for the production version before getting too excited. Like INART, I imagine JND will continue to improve as they do more figures, with Ledger Joker being their first "test" figure. Iron out whatever issues they run into along the way with each figure that comes after. Any sort of silicone, let alone at this small of a scale, should be approached with some caution.

Two bit whackjob. Wears a cheap purple suit and makeup. He's not the problem. He's a nobody.

I think JND forgot these are meant to be 'collectible' figures, not catering only to the super rich.

The pricing on this will be ridiculous.

Last edited:
I think I’m going to cancel my HT to get this instead.. I really hope they nail the likeness this time, and I’ll be all in. The side view looks great so far.

I didn’t know they would go this crazy on a 1:6 release they went above and beyond.

Two bit whackjob. Wears a cheap purple suit and makeup. He's not the problem. He's a nobody.

I think JND forgot these are meant to be 'collectible' figures, not catering only to the super rich.

The pricing on this will be ridiculous.
The question for me is how much functionality can replace extraneous bits and pieces and keep costs down. For $1,000, you got a bunch of interchangeable magnetic arms, two full figures, multiple hands, etc from InArt. One pair of silicon forearms with poseable fingers can bring you down from 5 pieces to 2. I don’t know if you could replicate poseable gloved hands at this scale, so, that might be the same as everyone’s.

The other thing I feel is that they can’t cost too much at this scale. Their statues run what? $2500-3500? I feel like anything over $1K might make consumers be like “well, **** it. I might as well just buy 1/3rd scale at this point.”

The question for me is how much functionality can replace extraneous bits and pieces and keep costs down. For $1,000, you got a bunch of interchangeable magnetic arms, two full figures, multiple hands, etc from InArt. One pair of silicon forearms with poseable fingers can bring you down from 5 pieces to 2. I don’t know if you could replicate poseable gloved hands at this scale, so, that might be the same as everyone’s.

The other thing I feel is that they can’t cost too much at this scale. Their statues run what? $2500-3500? I feel like anything over $1K might make consumers be like “well, **** it. I might as well just buy 1/3rd scale at this point.”
I believe they've mentioned that the cost won't be $1000, but that doesn't mean it won't be close to $1k :LOL: MSRP might not be $1k but could be after adding in the shipping cost.

My neck tore!

My articulated fingers are tearing!!

My glass eyeballs cracked and are crooked!!!

My face paint is rubbing off because paint on silicone is like water and oil!!!!

Atleast no blu-tac behind his ears.

Last edited:
These JND figures are easily going to be $1000-1500. Way out of my price range for a figure, as impressive as it looks.

Looks great, but difficult to get excited when these are probably gonna price me out. I wonder what the license restrictions are. Poor HT, knocked down to 3rd place.

Looks great, but difficult to get excited when these are probably gonna price me out. I wonder what the license restrictions are. Poor HT, knocked down to 3rd place.
Poors lads were already having a bad time delaying their Batman figure cause of IA. Now this!

HT tried to stay relevant with their silly Artisan line.
I mean they’ll still be very relevant, these JND and even InArt figures aren’t for the mass 1/6 collecting audience.

But I do admit I no longer find HT figures all that impressive anymore after InArt.

We won’t be getting jokers after these from inart, JND, or HT for a while since everyone is jokered out.

Especially inart to make a joker 2.0 when they have dozens of more figures to release still it’s going to be a long time. HT is last place and based on their last figure being DX11, yeah no doubt we’re seeing another reissue soon.

JND might be the most expensive yet best one yet. Value can be debatable because inart has a two pack from JNDs one figure. Although from what we’re seeing, getting this will be the best Ledger Joker to date for at least 5 years until the next big thing comes up.

Back