JND Studios 1/6 scale Heath Ledger Joker figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There's no way this will be $500... that's the cost of a standard PVC sculpt with glued hair...

Prob gonna hit over $1000 after shipping and markups.

I just hope the production pieces don't have those giant wide open eyes a lot of the statues seem to have (like their recent pattinson).

Intriguing.

What I'm curious about is the paintwork. Historically I know well adhered silicone paintwork is a rare thing. I wonder how they plan to account for it.

Magnetic eyes make sense, but are also easier to execute with the silicone set up.

Glass eyes seem as superfluous as die cast. In practice, on a shelf, I can't see them looking THAT different to well finished plastic in 1/6.

I wonder if the hands are a wire armature or actual joints. Either way, I imagine it'll include both types of hands.

Likeness looks good.

I'm guessing $799.

The thing that’s always made me not want rooted hair figures is that I live in Sydney Australia and it gets really humid in the summer time so that always discouraged me to wanting to get anything that has glued on hair but I just realised this will be actual rooted hair that’s been needled into the sculpt so I think it JND make another 1/6 scale character I’m interested in I may be looking at my first rooted sculpted figure!!!!

Looks like JND has beaten InArt to the magnetic moveable eye feature (plus they're glass!) so no removable back panel I'd guess :yess:glass eyes, fully hidden articulation for the head/neck with what looks to be a skull under the silicon head, real punched rooted hair and not just glued on. This is looking to really be a step above InArt’s and HT’s TDK Jokers at least in terms of something new for the scale. I know folks are tired of TDK Jokers, but putting that aside, the advancements teased here seem pretty impressive.
Agreed on this. I actually get no feeling seeing the same 1000th custom level quality Heath sculpt from this. Looks like every other we've seen throughout the years. But the silicone seamless neck movement, magnetic glass eyes and silicone hands is really cool to see be done at a non-custom level.

What has me wary about this whole thing is what they plan on even pricing these figures at and how their production quality stands. Are we gonna see a bunch of tearing with the neck and fingers? As well as what their overall production quality will be like across the board. Clothing, sculpt softness, paint quality, downgrades, etc etc.

It is quite amazing though that we've gotten both JND and INART to help push this hobby within the last 2 years alone. Wish the licenses were expanded beyond what we're getting but interesting none the less. An Indy done at this level would be insane and an instant buy. Indy is one of those licenses that's huge in the custom scene like Joker but doesn't get nearly the same amount of love from companies.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Now I hope JND gets the Indiana Jones license.
JND already does, a statue duo of Indy and Indy Sr. will be made.

While all this new tech looks good, it will all come down to price. With Hot Toys and some extent Inart, I can get any character I like. However if the price of these JND figures are in the $600-800, I would need to be really be strict on which characters I get. Like for example I have JND's 1/3 scale Reeve duo statue set on order. But I wouldn't get any other character in that form.

Yea I can understand that. Though, for ones like the Batfleck cowls and Keaton, I'd image the texture/feel of the silicone would be more accurate to the real props made of rubber/foam latex etc.

I don't know. Just imagine running your fingers across the exposed jaw then to the cowl. You gotta have that distinct feel between the two. Much like in real life, the cowl doesn't feel the same as human skin.

JND already does, a statue duo of Indy and Indy Sr. will be made.
Disney only allowed them the Last Crusade license and made it regionally limited to HK and South Korea. They don't have a full license to do any/all Indy movies currently. They alluded to Disney saying it was a test product that if sales went well, they'd consider giving them more licensee. to work with and making them global.

I don't know. Just imagine running your fingers across the exposed jaw then to the cowl. You gotta have that distinct feel between the two. Much like in real life, the cowl doesn't feel the same as human skin.
That's a fair point though and I can understand that. However, for me, I think the looks and function would trump the feel of the material itself. Who knows, they may develop a way the silicone works for different materials when it comes to that sort of thing. We won't really know until one comes out.

So all the people who don't need another Heath Ledger Joker... Raise your hand who's getting this. 🤣

Now this is the real next level in 1/6. Incredible achievements from Kojun, one man force in the world of 1/6. Good to see the tailoring will actually be decent also, looks like a scaled down version of the 1/3 statue.

Solid looking likeness. Magnetic moving glass eyes will possibly be one of the best features of this. The realism the glass eye brings when reflecting natural light with a good shadow over the face brings an extra dimension.

Their quality has always been whats promised, so can't wait to get these delivered on time with no fear of prototype downgrades. Even better with the eyes not having to dry or fray the hair to move them.

Absolutely world class.

Last edited:
So all the people who don't need another Heather Ledger Joker... Raise your hand who's getting this. 🤣

Now this is the real next level in 1/6. Incredible achievements from Kojun, one man force in the world of 1/6. Good to see the tailoring will actually be decent also, looks like a scaled down version of the 1/3 statue.

Solid looking likeness. Magnetic moving glass eyes will possibly be one of the best features of this. The realism the glass eye brings when reflecting natural light with a good shadow over the face brings an extra dimension.

Their quality has always been whats promised, so can't wait to get these delivered on time with no fear of prototype downgrades. Even better with the eyes not having to dry or fray the hair to move them.

Absolutely world class.
I never owned any Joker figure. This is going to be my very first. Super excited!

I never owned any Joker figure. This is going to be my very first. Super excited!

Will be my first 1/6 also. Will be in for a treat if the likeness is great, the 1/3 has a phenomenal presence and realism to it, it being scaled down with the extra tech is going to be out of this world.

Hopefully all the JND hate can start to stop when people are able to get a cheaper smaller scale to see how all of these materials come together to create an incredible realism.

I'm wondering now if their next 1/3 platinum is going to upscale the tech for 1/3 statues... Because that will be insane.

For me, JND has bought all the excitement of my first collecting experiences back since they opened, and now they've done the same with 1/6. Beyond excited to see him person and potentially the tech being used at a larger scale.

I've changed my mind, the realistic malleability of the seamless fingers with correct anatomy is probably one of the best upgrades. It's insane how the fingers move in line with a fingers natural movements (pinky finger moving further in to the palm the more it's closed).

Can't wait to see more, this is incredibly exciting.

Ooft, how tight that collar sits around his neck also, definitely scaled down tailoring.

This going to be the one.

Will be my first 1/6 also. Will be in for a treat if the likeness is great, the 1/3 has a phenomenal presence and realism to it, it being scaled down with the extra tech is going to be out of this world.

Hopefully all the JND hate can start to stop when people are able to get a cheaper smaller scale to see how all of these materials come together to create an incredible realism.

I'm wondering now if their next 1/3 platinum is going to upscale the tech for 1/3 statues... Because that will be insane.

For me, JND has bought all the excitement of my first collecting experiences back since they opened, and now they've done the same with 1/6. Beyond excited to see him person and potentially the tech being used at a larger scale.
Same here my friend. Super stoked! Just imagine if they replicate their Reeves Clark in 1/6 with all this craftsmanship. That would be the end.

Same here my friend. Super stoked! Just imagine if they replicate their Reeves Clark in 1/6 with all this craftsmanship. That would be the end.

I think we're in for good times!

I still wouldn't get a Reeves, but from Inarts the neck joint makes it look very bad, the big thing for a JND version would be the seamless neck not taking away from the likeness. But this tech would be a treat for such a character, so hope they make him for those people that want him!

I wonder if the next tech will be a moveable smile some how. Imagine making a character in 1/6 go from stern, to smiling whilst moving the eyes with magnets. Silicone could grant that, no idea the method, perhaps a sliding mechanism.

Back