JND Studios 1/6 scale Heath Ledger Joker figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Collectors are just as boring as the companies, that’s why this hobby is filled with the same 3 licenses across the map.
1701449617915.jpeg

I don't like their methods already. They think they're ready to step into the ring because they think they can box.

But the sixth scale game is very fickle and unforgiving as we all know, and their reputation will likely be one of very high expense with poor communication and long release windows.

Sounds like someone we know.

The biggest hurdle they'll need to get through is their production quality at this scale. It's what cripples most of the other 1/6 companies in the game. They can show off a fancy silicone custom quality level prototype and then completely drop the ball when production rolls around. Soft details, worse paint and an untested silicone method that starts to tear apart. It's the biggest thing to be wary about whenever a new player comes in because prototypes always look great. Production is a whole other story.

JND are as stubborn as HT. Problem with JND is they use Artistic Interpretation similar to Sideshow to convey how the character is more so portrayed on film versus how the actor looks portraying the character. No doubt they have the best paint apps on the market, however, their sculpts need work. Having a JND statue and another on pre-order, yes their product is always better in hand but they need a rude awakening and 1/6 will be that. 1/6 collectors are most vocal since they're the largest collector pool due to size and price point. I'm eager to see what they can do, having IA and JND will give HT more competition and perhaps we can see expanded licenses and better quality from HT now. You know IA and JND are gunning for Disney licenses....

I'm so glad I didn't buy the other 4679 releases of this figure......

O lord another Heath joker? lol I remember 18 yr old me use to think it was always going to be hard to get one

Eh I'll get it depending on how it looks but otherwise I'm good. If they announced other characters I'd want right after then I'll jump on.

I don't like their methods already. They think they're ready to step into the ring because they think they can box.

But the sixth scale game is very fickle and unforgiving as we all know, and their reputation will likely be one of very high expense with poor communication and long release windows.

Sounds like someone we know.

They have some of the best communication around.

They announce a release time and have always stuck to that release or ahead of schedule, nothing has come late from them. Their releases have always been around a year from announcement.

Not to mention the production videos they release etc. combined with Daniels monthly updates along with fairly swift responses to emails.

You really dislike this company. 😂

Their hyping sucks though. It's annoying and always has been, it doesn't hype it just frustrates. They need to do better in that regard.

If their products are selling out [which to my understanding they are] then no hype is required.

You getting one @Wor-Gar ?

You never know. I went all-in on InArt, so I feel covered, but I also see room for improvements. I expect JND to make as many improvements as they do upsets, so likely I won't have to worry about another expensive purchase. But I really hope they nail it. The silicone head is my most anticipated 'new tech'.

It's always good to have more sculpts and Joker parts available.

Back