JND Studios 1/6 scale Heath Ledger Joker figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
But if it’s sealed shut it’s just backed suede at that point and no longer accurate. The could’ve probably tried matting down the inside of the pocket so it’s not as lush.
I think them matting it down would help. Whatever gets it more flat with the coat itself. While more accurate with it being "open", it's just coming across too thick since the actual pocket was super flush and not gapping like that.

dto5zMw.png
210153419bd4f042057b587bfb8c7651.png

Yeah I agree Holo, but it’s nothing a bit of water treatment and perhaps an iron with a towel won’t help.

Give us better photos asap, the laughing sculpt made me chuckle a bit, it reminds me of the prime one statue currently.

Collar is still way too big -- look how skinny his neck is. And those long 70's collar tabs like Goodfellas.

Not sure about the face. At first I really liked it, but the more I look at it, the more something is off. The "wire" hair is a bit odd too.

The overall at first is great... until close inspection. That said, it will look great on the shelf.

But unless the smiling sculpt blows me away, I'm think I'm out.

See, I do sort of like the expression -- but then, I don't. It looks like Heath but then it doesn't. It's a very strange sculpt -- insanely realistic, yet somehow off. Can't really pinpoint it. His browline looks like he's giving you the narrow eyes but then his forehead is wrinkled like his browline should be up. Try to wrinkle your forehead but furrow your brow. It's either one or the other. Maybe its that unnaturalness that's throwing off the realism?

And that shirt collar is killing me...

ae7ae07979b2c7b4f3590r375c880606f copy.jpg

See, I do sort of like the expression -- but then, I don't. I looks like Heath but then it doesn't. It's a very strange sculpt -- insanely realistic, yet somehow off. Can't really pinpoint it...

But that shirt collar is killing me...

View attachment 678431
Funny enough, for some reason that photo is giving me DX11 vibes with the way the mouth/lips expression was done. Not in terms of likeness, since JND is obviously better by a mile but the way the mouth is giving those perky duck lips and a slight smirk, gives me the same vibe. Same for the squinted eye expression they got going on.

The sculpt looks good in that other ****** phone picture though. The one we got of it straight on in the previous page.

PD1340601090C0S.jpg

The HT Joker is not even out and it's already obsolete. :lol

So, is this now the "definitive" 1/6 Joker? Is the Inarts already outdated? ****. Not even a year old and I'm stuck with that huge box :lol

Oh well, I'm sure there will be another Ledger Joker in the future. The search for the ultimate Joker will never end...

Dc Comics Joker GIF by Max

Unfortunately, this figure is out of my budget, but then again, I don't have the urge to get it. Maybe it's the price, or the fact that it's the same version of the character 3 times in one year, but I think I'm ok not getting it. Maybe I'll get the sculpted hair HT and perhaps Inarts will make a Bank Robber version in a box that isn't the size of a small building.

Maybe ... the fact that it the same version of the character 3 times in one year

Yeah, this InArt vs HT vs JND all with the same character and varying degrees of success with any one of them is tiresome -- full of hope and frustration... so close and yet still so far.

I think the variance on any one of them being better than the other is very slight indeed for basic shelf display purposes. Hard-core analysis is another thing all together, and I'm curious where everyone will fall with which figure they like best and which one they will keep.

Give us better photos asap, the laughing sculpt made me chuckle a bit, it reminds me of the prime one statue currently.
Ahh! I couldn't put my finger on it but I think you're right. I wouldn't say that's necessarily a good thing though :LOL:
And that shirt collar is killing me...
Is it really oversized? It looks about the right size for his shirt collar except in a lot of online photos the points are flaring to the left/right rather than pointed down which I think is what's giving it that 70s vibe.

Yeah, this InArt vs HT vs JND all with the same character and varying degrees of success with any one of them is tiresome -- full of hope and frustration... so close and yet still so far.

I think the variance on any one of them being better than the other is very slight indeed for basic shelf display purposes. Hard-core analysis is another thing all together, and I'm curious where everyone will fall with which figure they like best and which one they will keep.

Two of them are prototypes, and only Inarts is a final product. They delivered the best mass produced 1/6 scale Joker so far, that hasn't changed until we see the other two final products.

I don't think the HT will be better than Inarts, and as for this company, who knows? This figure might be close to a custom figure both in quality and price, so in theory it should be the best, but again who knows.

Back