JND / Kojun Works to do sixth scale figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kojun Works interview video (with English subtitles) by WikiFigure:

Uh-oh...
"Actually, we have rights of other characters, also."

NOTVohX.png

The subs for the final part of that video are in Korean. Here's a quick automatic translation:

16:54
When James first told me the brand name 'Kojun Works', I had mixed feelings.
17:01
I wondered if it would be perceived as too arrogant...
17:06
But when James explained 'why it had to be Kojun Works,' I was like, 'Oh, yeah.
17:13
I was just grateful.
17:16
We're JND Studios, we have a brand
17:19
and James' willingness to make room for all the hard work that I've put in.
17:25
I felt a great sense of responsibility in the fact that he genuinely respected me.
17:31
I've been running ahead of myself, just wanting to make it a better experience for everyone.
17:39
I also learned the basics of compensation.
17:41
I also heard the pressure, "How much harder are they going to make it for me?" (laughs)
17:49
I never thought this day would come.
17:54
But the whole focus of my research was to create the most realistic and
17:58
figure with as few imperfections as possible.
18:04
I'm going to make the best 1:6 scale action figure that I can that doesn't fall short of your expectations.
18:10
And since our production philosophy here at JND Studios is all about "proving everything in mass production
18:18
I will do my best to make sure that you will be impressed with the mass production, not the prototype.
18:25
I remember a long time ago when we made the jointless Al Pacino, many people praised it as the future shape of the figure.
18:35
Well, we've made it a reality now, in a form that's even better than it was then.
18:41
We'll do our best to make that reality a happy collecting outcome.
18:47
Stay tuned for more 'Kojun Works'. Thank you.

Hopefully when they get to Harry Potter, they will do the older versions of the trio from OOTP and beyond instead of the children route that InArt are going to at least differentiate at least a little bit

Good lord, this seems borderline disastrous to do - you're essentially following the excitement of InArt and PRAYING people who just spent $400-$1000 on characters are going to come back and say "you know what, this isn't quite definitive enough..."

Almost all of JNDs statues are still available at retail or below (with the exception of the Wonder Womans).

Now imagine if their first 3 offerings were:

Deckard
T-800 Arnie
Mad Max

People would be losing their minds.

All for pushing the envelope on the hobby but there's nothing in their first offering that has me second guessing any of my InArt purchases.

Caught that too! Guess we know who they’re coming for.

For the Harry Potter line, I just need one of them to make an amazing Snape
Hopefully when they get to Harry Potter, they will do the older versions of the trio from OOTP and beyond instead of the children route that InArt are going to at least differentiate at least a little bit
My thoughts exactly! I would love to see them tackle the older versions first or just in general. If they can at least give us a great Snape, that's all I need and I will have no problem paying for that.

HT also releasing an Artisan Joker 2.0 with seamless neck. They'll announce it some months/years after Artisan Joker 1.0 comes out. Its like how they did DX19 owners dirty with the Armory release. I have some friends whos friends with friends of people working on it. They hired some custom artists that Kojun couldn't hire because Howard was paying them more.

I can see HT somewhat backing down from WB properties. Even their supposed artisan line doesn't really touch Inart's current level expect for some aspects of Ledger Joker.

JND prices are too high even for a single figure. I think you get more value from Inart's offering for the same price.

All for pushing the envelope on the hobby but there's nothing in their first offering that has me second guessing any of my InArt purchases.
Agreed. Please do characters that the other two companies aren't doing. Indy, Terminator (Diecast Endo, T1 Kyle, T2 T800 + T1000), older trio for HP, Snape, etc etc. Don't need another Gandalf, Aragorn and young Harry from them.

Back