JERRY VANDERSTELT Licensed LOTR art & happenings Balrog Original art

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: JERRY VANDERSTELT Licensed LOTR art & happenings

Ha Ha, well yes, Gandalf is at least worried and very anxious as he is trying the remember his former journey through the Mines and considering which course to take. I suppose I'd look that way too if I were guiding the entire Fellowship through the vast intricate ways of Moria, especially since most of the Company besides Gimli was against going that route!

JV

JERRY VANDERSTELT Licensed LOTR art & happenings- SAURON!

As some of you know, I am working on a very special Sauron project with Sideshow.My entire backdrop design is locked in.Whew! Thorns, chains, rusted battle-gear, bones, etc. has slowed this baby down, but I am now on the best part- Sauron himself. Stay tuned, I look forward to revealing him. And yes, this will become a fine art print as well!

Take care Gang!

JV

Re: JERRY VANDERSTELT Licensed LOTR art & happenings- SAURON!

As some of you know, I am working on a very special Sauron project with Sideshow.My entire backdrop design is locked in.Whew! Thorns, chains, rusted battle-gear, bones, etc. has slowed this baby down, but I am now on the best part- Sauron himself. Stay tuned, I look forward to revealing him. And yes, this will become a fine art print as well!

Take care Gang!

JV

Not as much as we are looking forward to seeing him. :lecture Hopefully Jerry, you will be doing a canvas edition as well as a litho....I'm still waiting for my Clash of Kings canvas giclee. :monkey2

Hi Woods.

Yes, Sauron will be offered as a Canvas Giclee and Paper Giclee. The new lineup will now consist of Gicless instead of lithographs ( which are very high quality, but I wanted to step up to a fine art Giclee ) and the Clash of Kings can easily be offered as a canvas edition , limited to 100 pieces. Sized probably at 20 x 27 inches.

The Original Trilogy pieces will likely become canvas editions as well!

JV

Nice! Looking forward to seeing Sauron and ordering the print even if I get another with the maquette.

Hi Woods.

Yes, Sauron will be offered as a Canvas Giclee and Paper Giclee. The new lineup will now consist of Gicless instead of lithographs ( which are very high quality, but I wanted to step up to a fine art Giclee ) and the Clash of Kings can easily be offered as a canvas edition , limited to 100 pieces. Sized probably at 20 x 27 inches.
The Original Trilogy pieces will likely become canvas editions as well!

JV

Well the second that happens Jerry please let me know. I've got the artwork that comes with the excl. dio., but I really want a canvas giclee to go with it. :)

Will do Woods.

And Josh, the Sauron Paper Giclee will likely be around 20 x 30 ,but the canvas may just be near full size to the artwork; 30 x 40. There are so many ( painful ) details going into it, that I may have to offer a huge canvas on this Bad Boy. Of course it will be my more expensive of the canvases, but either way, it will be larger than what may be found in a box with the actual "Sauron".

JV

Sounds pretty darn awesome to me. I will probably get the paper giclee as it will fit into my budget better but I'll be getting one thats for sure.

Sounds good!
This has to be theeee most nutty detail I've put into a piece in a long time ( maybe ever now that Ithink of it ), but even the smaller Giclees I'll offer should carry the details, but the canvas will be for those after the ultimate version. I may have the ultimate version at my booth this year at SDCC.

JV

Nice! If you have it there that may be the push I need to get that version. :)

Will do Woods.

And Josh, the Sauron Paper Giclee will likely be around 20 x 30 ,but the canvas may just be near full size to the artwork; 30 x 40. There are so many ( painful ) details going into it, that I may have to offer a huge canvas on this Bad Boy. Of course it will be my more expensive of the canvases, but either way, it will be larger than what may be found in a box with the actual "Sauron".

JV

Thanks Jerry :wave

Sauron sounds like a massive undertaking, and one well worth the wait.

Sure thing, Woods.

As I mentioned earlier, this painting is somewhat painful, but worth doing. Hey, this is THE Lord of the Rings we're talking about! It deserves all I can give it to make it the best possible.

JV

Got my Gandalf print today, and the screen shots don't do it justice. It's a beautiful print and the colours came out very well, subtle and soft, but a well defined portrait. Recieved number 1/250 and was absolutely floored! Thanks Jerry! I hope the set sells well for you! Now you need to do one of Eowyn in this style and I would be estatic.

Glad you like your Gandalf, RB!
Yes, an Eowyn is a possibility one day :)

JV

Jerry

Got my ringwraith print yesterday in the mail. It looks amazing in person...you really did an amazing job on this!! :clap:clap Now I need to get a frame for it and get it up on the wall to go with my other JV LOTR print. :)

IMG_0857.jpg

Good News!

JV

I love that combination of the Osgiliath print and the Battle above the Black Gate diorama. :clap

Good News!

JV

Is that a 'Good News!' in that VASith's print arrived safely, or a 'Good News!' in that you have some good news for us?.....:wink1:

"Good News" that the print arrived safe! : )
But other good news is coming......... maybe within two weeks.This piece is highly detailed thanks to Weta Workshop's wonderful design for Sauron's armour. The thorn vine scroll designs embossed ALL OVER the armour slows things down, but worth spending the time on!

JV

Back