JERRY VANDERSTELT Licensed LOTR art & happenings Balrog Original art

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: JERRY VANDERSTELT Licensed LOTR art & happenings- SAURON TEASER!

Not my wall paper but my lockscreen.

Hey Jerry,

First of all thanks for the awesome Sauron art!! can't wait to get it hung up on my wall :D

Also wanted to ask you, after seeing the Ringwraith and Gandalf pieces, if we can expect a similar print of Aragorn down the line? love the intensity of the pieces .

I do have a Aragorn piece available disguised as Strider with his hood on during his time at the Prancing Pony

JV

Thank ya! Glad Jerry had the time to do it with all the awesome work he's sure to be working on. The Balrog print is gonna be awesome!!

TORN recently interview Jerry. We thank him for taking the time to do this and hope you all enjoy. :)

Also want to thank Woodsy for the help. :duff

Interview with Jerry V on Torn

Nice job Josh, thanks for bringing that to us mate. :clap

It's always interesting to hear an artist's opinion on their work. :yess:

Jerry is a great talent for sure. :rock

:duff
Bill

No problem at all. I want more folks to know about jerry's work as it's really outstanding.

No problem at all. I want more folks to know about jerry's work as it's really outstanding.

Woodsy helped eh? No wonder he has 'strong' opinions about Jerrys work! :lol

You're doing a great job Josh, but i wonder - are your Tolkien collectible reviews limited to just movie-related stuff, or will you be bringing us info about other Tolkien/M-E related stuff?
Hmm, i guess that depends on whether you're bringing us news or general reviews about the Tolkien collectible world...

Hope i'm making sense!

Nah, I get what your saying. If something comes across my desk so to speak that is Tolkien related movie or not I'll mention it.

TORN recently interview Jerry. We thank him for taking the time to do this and hope you all enjoy. :)

Glad I could help Josh, thanks for allowing me to participate. Excellent article BTW :lecture

Last edited:

Glad I could help Josh, thanks for allowing me to participate. Excellent article BTW :lecture

No problem. Thank you again for helping I will be doing stuff like this in the future and will need help. Thank you! I'm pleased with how it all came out. It even got pub for TORN and Jerry on another site.

Good article Josh. It's nice to see the dynamism and variety of our hobby getting relayed to the wider Internet community.

Theres more to nerdy collectors than just dolls, comics and statues. :p.

Just took some JV canvases to be professionally framed. Michaels is having a 60+10+5% off sale on custom framing. I'll post some pics when I get them back in a couple of weeks.

Actually, I took the canvas back with me, didn't feel comfortable leaving hundreds of dollars of art at Michael's waiting for the material to arrive.

Cool! Looking forward to seeing your pics. IMO custom framing is the way to go.

Cool! Looking forward to seeing your pics. IMO custom framing is the way to go.

For canvas, yes. if it were a paper print, I'd probably do myself as half the cost, but I think I got a pretty good deal. Still turned out to be around $670, but that was for four of them, so around $168 each to have them wrapped and framed. I've been holding onto these for a little bit until a sale like this came along. Excited to get them finished.

For canvas, yes. if it were a paper print, I'd probably do myself as half the cost, but I think I got a pretty good deal. Still turned out to be around $670, but that was for four of them, so around $168 each to have them wrapped and framed. I've been holding onto these for a little bit until a sale like this came along. Excited to get them finished.

For me I wouldn't frame anything myself. What you paid is in the area of what I've paid on my prints. I'd rather pay that and get the best materials possible than do it myself. I bet. I can't blame ya I love how the prints I've gotten done look in the end.

With the coupon at michaels, my paper print of Gandalf cost 180 including the 13% taxes and a double matt to frame. I'm quite happy with it. I just need them to run the same deal so I can get my Galadriel print done and up on the wall where she belongs.

Back