Jazzinc 1/6 Batman 1989 Batmobile

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was on the fence whether or not to pre-order before the 1st but that video put me over the top. Gonna be a long wait til September but sooooo worth it! I really can't even wrap my head around how epic this thing is going to be.

Considering sales for the 1/6 are booming according to Joost, it seems like the 1/12 is very likely. I wouldn’t mind if that one doesn’t have all the features this one does. It doesn’t need the metal components, or the exhaust, or the spinning turbine or the sounds. Just pack it with detail, paint it nice and have lights and I’m good.
***t so you think a 1/12 will happen??

Just realized the width of this thing means it won't fit in the Sixth Series Moducase wall combo I've got coming in (originally measured the OG HT 1989 I have). Anyone ordering this thing to store until they can find a way to display it? Trying to decide whether to throw it on pre order and figure out how to display it later. Anyone in a similar situation? Anyone have case ideas? HELP!

Just realized the width of this thing means it won't fit in the Sixth Series Moducase wall combo I've got coming in (originally measured the OG HT 1989 I have). Anyone ordering this thing to store until they can find a way to display it? Trying to decide whether to throw it on pre order and figure out how to display it later. Anyone in a similar situation? Anyone have case ideas? HELP!
Pre order the 89 Batmobile now, then figure out how to display it later, that way, you'll have the most screen accurate 89 Batmobile ever made, then you'll only have to figure out where to display it later on..............:)

Yeah if Joost can match this headlights color, it will be perfection!
View attachment 679762
Actually, earlier in the prototype phase, we had lighter yellow lenses, but the experts showed me pictures of the actual Honda lights without the lighting turned on, and it is definitely more orange than you see in this picture, with some blown out highlights in the movie

Attachments

• IMG_1124.jpeg
    IMG_1124.jpeg
    364.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Leaning towards not getting this afterall. Took my Hot Toys down and reminded myself just how damn heavy and awkward that behemoth is to move, the paranoia about banging it against doorframes, scraping the button of a shirt or the zipper of a hoody top off it and so on - and Jazzinc's will be noticeably bigger and heavier again. That and the almost 2grand I'd be out at a time when I more urgently need a new computer among other things. I know there's the option of a payment plan but I still don't think I fancy it - not like it'll be the only luxury I'll be forking out money for in the next 12 month period - inevitably there'll be other toys and I'll end up saving little to no money next year.

The most sensible thing for me would be to accept my Hot Toys as the representation of the '89 Batmobile in my collection until hopefully Jazzinc puts out an accurate 1/12. When I get that I can decide to either still keep the Hot Toys or sell it.

Pretty sure that's my play.

Last edited:
It’s a very wise decision. Bravo. Above all in this fever and hype around this.
If I didn’t had the chance to sell my HT just before the reissue, I would be in the same boat.
Initially, 1/6 Jazzinc products are way too expensive for me.
The 89 Batmobile + VAT + shipping represent one month salary for me.
I only could justify it with the sell of my HT + all my SW Helmets ( except my Quasi Vader) and above all because I made sacrifices and worked on self discipline. Since September 2022, I sold circa 60-70% of everything I bought during these last 15 years.
I only collect Batman 1989 now and after this Jazzinc Batmobile and an hypothetical 1/12 Batwing, I can proudly think that it would mark my early retirement in this hobby.
If I remember correctly, your collection is way more deep and ecletic, so the HT still looks great along others figures and licenses.
Still think it’s a great item with a lot of presence.

It’s a very wise decision. Bravo. Above all in this fever and hype around this.
If I didn’t had the chance to sell my HT just before the reissue, I would be in the same boat.
Initially, 1/6 Jazzinc products are way too expensive for me.
The 89 Batmobile + VAT + shipping represent one month salary for me.
I only could justify it with the sell of my HT + all my SW Helmets ( except my Quasi Vader) and above all because I made sacrifices and worked on self discipline. Since September 2022, I sold circa 60-70% of everything I bought during these last 15 years.
I only collect Batman 1989 now and after this Jazzinc Batmobile and an hypothetical 1/12 Batwing, I can proudly think that it would mark my early retirement in this hobby.

Well done man. That's impressive.

If I remember correctly, your collection is way more deep and ecletic, so the HT still looks great along others figures and licenses.
Still think it’s a great item with a lot of presence.

Yeah I've collected multiple licenses over almost 30 years. Even when I started collecting Hot Toys I never fully left mass-produced lower end stuff behind so I still collect the Hasbro Star Wars TVC line and NECA figures. 1/18, 1/12, 1/10, 1/6, 1/4 scales.

While I had a decent run of selling stuff on the forum here (and only here) that was 10 years ago at this point and I've procrastinated badly on getting back into it. Now I have a mountain to climb and, me knowing me, I'm by no means confident that I will have made enough progress on that by the time I'd be taking delivery of this beast next year. So best to forget about it and be happy with my HT.

First priority for me has to be a new computer. This post has taken about 5 times as long to type as it should have because of the malfunctioning keys of this laptop. And I despise using a phone for internet browsing and posting - you'd swear I had hands the size of Andre the Giant with all the accidental button-presses, it infuriates me. I need typing posts to stop being a ****ing ordeal that makes me want to drive my own head through a brick wall before I re-embark on the selling game.

Thanks a lot, I appreciate!

To be honest, I think at one point I lost myself in this hobby.
It went from Batman to Star Wats via GB, BTTF, Robocop, Terminator, Japanese Anime, Jurassic Park, 1/18 diecast movie cars etc...
When my son was born, my office became his bedroom.
My stuff was stored in my old room at my father's house.
When I saw this pile of boxes and cartons, I had a feeling of being too full which made me quite uncomfortable.
Then one day, on this same forum, someone very wise had these two sentences that changed everything for me. these two sentences which will remain forever engraved in my mind:

- It's not because you like a property that you have to collect it...
- you don't have get a physical representation of everything you liked…

It was like an electric shock, a click.
as Colin Chapman used to say: Light is right and less is more...
I asked myself what I would really like to display and Batman 89 naturally emerged.
Anyway, sorry, I'm still telling my life story.
Thank you again for taking the time to answer me with your capricious computer.
😊

Anyway, back to the 1989 Batmobile!

Last edited:
Preordered this and paid in full. Gonna be my first Jazzinc colllectible and my first 1989 Batmobile.

Pulled the plug when I saw all the upgrades in Jazz recent post on the spinning turbine.

Never had the hot toys versions because something felt off about its proportion (maybe the front part looks a bit short?) but couldn’t pin point the issue. I see this version as the “ultimate” version. I’ll be in the last batch but I’m in no hurry to get this.

I remember watching Batman 1989 in the theatre. Back then, Joker gave me the chills.

Preordered this and paid in full. Gonna be my first Jazzinc colllectible and my first 1989 Batmobile.

Pulled the plug when I saw all the upgrades in Jazz recent post on the spinning turbine.

Never had the hot toys versions because something felt off about its proportion (maybe the front part looks a bit short?) but couldn’t pin point the issue. I see this version as the “ultimate” version. I’ll be in the last batch but I’m in no hurry to get this.

I remember watching Batman 1989 in the theatre. Back then, Joker gave me the chills.
I think you meant pulled the trigger lol. Congrats!

Thanks a lot, I appreciate!

To be honest, I think at one point I lost myself in this hobby.
It went from Batman to Star Wats via GB, BTTF, Robocop, Terminator, Japanese Anime, Jurassic Park, 1/18 diecast movie cars etc...
When my son was born, my office became his bedroom.
Your my stuff was stored in my old room at my father's house.
When I saw this pile of boxes and cartons, I had a feeling of being too full which made me quite uncomfortable.

Yeah when your hobby is encroaching on other people, even if they don't express having a problem with it, it's a good idea to dial it back.

then one day, on this same forum, someone had these two sentences that changed everything for me. these two sentences which will remain forever engraved in my mind:

- It's not because you like a property that you have to collect it...
- you don't have get a physical representation of everything you liked…

It was like an electric shock, a click.
as Colin Chapman said: Light is right and less is more...
I asked myself what I would really like to exhibit and Batman 89 naturally emerged.
Anyway, sorry, I'm still telling my life story.
Thank you again for taking the time to answer me with your capricious computer.
😊

Anyway, back to the 1989 Batmobile!

Well, my collection certainly doesn't live up to that and I'm not sure if or when it will - I can't see myself reducing to just one license let alone one movie within that license - but I respect that policy and it's always worth keeping in mind.

I had thought I would cancel my preorder for the InArt Aragorn if I proceeded with Jazzinc's Batmobile. Y'know what though? I will cancel it anyway. I like the LOTR trilogy but I've never collected anything from it before. Why start now after all this time? Ordering that was purely allowing myself to be influenced by other people's hype and passion. So that's another rabbit hole I will stop myself going down. Because of course it wouldn't have just been Aragorn. I would have had to get Legolas and Gimli and Boromir and then I'd have had to pay aftermarket for Gandalf because I didn't preorder him when he was up. And if I got all those I could hardly leave out the Hobbits. Then I'd have to get Saruman because Christopher Lee. No. No. No. When InArt, JND and Hot Toys go to war with competing Terminators - and I do think it's 'when' - I will most likely be buying all of those. I won't be able to resist. And I will allow myself that provided I have been sensible in the meantime - as you have been to facilitate getting Jazzinc's Batmobile.

Back