James Cameron's AVATAR discussion thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great video but what a bunch of ???????s making comments !.
There just jealous shes getting so many views.

Is that her channel ?
Keep it up whoever she is. :rock It takes balls to post yourself up on youtube so it pisses me off when people are so evil on the persons page right there for them to read.

Ok , theres the odd one making me laugh :lol but still theres some real $%^£s on youtube. :lol

Last edited:
Just in case anybody was wondering how to do it. :monkey5

I thought this video will be helpful, especially for Lightwave! :p

<object height="344" width="425">

<embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/2zaJdq0VUtk&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" height="344" width="425"></object>

I bet that was super helpful for Eli.

I just loved the movie and can't stop thinking about pandora.. will go for my 2'nd round tomorrow... :D

Re: I saw AVATAR in 3D!

I saw it in 3d a few hours ago.
The back ground was all glory and you could only see the person in front of the camera.
CRAB, Crab, I may see it in 2d, because 3d Sucks

WTF WG?!?!?!?

What r u waiting for :tap

I know, I suck.

My fiance wants me to wait for her and she's got family here for the holidays and they're keeping me from this experience. That, and the damn Imax 3D version keeps selling out on days I can go.

I hope to see it this weekend. I have to.

I haven't even seen this movie yet and I still think its the most astounding thing I've never seen. I'm blown away.

:D

Don't worry bud, I haven't seen it either. Been trying to find time between business promotions and the new brat. Just gotta figure out how to toss another pin into the juggle. Worst comes to worst, the whole clan (4-year-old and baby) area coming with me to see a matinee. :lol

Saw it yesterday and was all ready to write out a long personal review when I realised that King had already done it for me! :mad:

:lol

Saw it today.

1. Cliche

2. Predictable

3. Nothing original

But, I thought it was really good. Visually, it is probably the most impressive movie I have ever seen. Some parts were truly beautiful to behold.

Story, meh. I was one part Dances With Wolves, one part Nightbreed and one part Aliens.

NOTHING original in the story, but it was still entertaining. It was pretty much what I expected it to be. Still better than about 90% of the crap that Hollywood turns out on a regular basis.

Cameron makes good movies, thats the bottom line. A solid eight out of ten. I wish I was 10 years old and seeing this, it would blow my freakin mind :lol

That pretty much covers my feelings toward the film :)

You're welcome <label for="rb_iconid_12">
icon12.gif
</label>

Guys get out of this thread until you see it. Its not so predictable that you should have everything spoiled. It is fun seeing how certain things play out. I saw it again, this time on a massive 2D screen. Still awesome and beyond epic. Saw a 12:40 pm showing and people applauded at the end. Its the real deal.

Just got back from seeing it (not in 3D) and.... yep, King you hit the nail squarely on the head, it was breathtaking to look at, but a little simple on the story telling. Message was a sound one though.

I am anxious to hear what you think.

I imagine it will be similar to what you thought.

My expectations are fairly low as far as the story and characters. I've seen so many movies in my time that it's really hard to be 'blown away' anymore, so many times I can see where the story is going because I have such a deep reservoire to draw from.

That said, I'm looking forward to the 'experience' of the film. The 3D, the scope. That's a wholey new experience that I really am looking forward to. I doubt it will unseat the original "Star Wars" as far as being 'blown away' by a movie for me, but I would relish that happening.

I think the last time I was really energized by a movie was "The Matrix", again because my expectations were so low for that movie. But I was so super-charged afterwards... pretty much from the get-go starting with that scene where Trinity kicks the chair at that cop.

Anyway, I'll honor Khev's wish and get out of here until I see it.

Well a blind man can see where this story is going :lol

But it really is an experience, and one I think you will enjoy.

Saw it for a 2nd time today and enjoyed it just as much, if not more. I was looking for certain things - such as the differences between the Na'vi and the avatars. What someone said about Grace's avatar being the first and that's why her nose is different (she's got bigger boobs too) makes a lot of sense.

Just looking at this this film and how a whole world had to be created. From the interstellar space ship to the time (just 150 years from now?) to the entire culture of the Na'vi - there's so much back story in every frame that it's pretty amazing.

Who cares about the story really, i loved the movie in general, Thier plenty of movies out thier that are predictible who cares.

Back