James Cameron's AVATAR discussion thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I proclaim myself King of the Mexicans :rock

Your sceptor my King......

judge-rules-that-a-burrito-is-not-now-nor-has-it-ever-been-a-sandwich-0MM.jpg

Re: I saw AVATAR in 3D!

I just got out from seeing this fantastic film. It's breaking ground for me. I was completely swept away. The plot is easy to understand and figure out . It reminds us of our past and shines lite on our future. We are a very destructive race . We are depleteing oxygen feeding trees all over the world .the main thing that we need to survive. And we destroy anything in our path that prevents us from making money. Anyway this is the best movie I have ever seen ,period.

Oh yeah, and I couldn't help but think of the force from SW...

"Eywa flows through all living things"

:lol

and about the blue people sex, I guess it's a sort of thing where the movie has enough heart and emotion so that it isn't plain, straight out "sex", it was more of an expression of compassion... Throw that clip into any sleezefest and it just goes right back to being "sex" ("man inserts his BLANK into the BLANK! Tee hee!")

I had a splitting headache throughout the whole movie from start to finsih, and I was too hot, too, but this movie just sucked me in so much, I barely noticed either thing until the credits were rolling.

Didn't like what happened to this movie's equivalent of Vasquez though...

Oh well I already posted here about the movie, so I'm gonna shut up now.

WTF. I just got the shaft while trying to go see Avatar tonight again, which would have been my 3rd. Sold out!! I didn't even think I was showing up THAT late at all! lol But man, theatre was super packed tonight it was crazy. Although it sucks I didn't get in, I'm glad to see it just keeps on rolling and yet another sold out show in my area, on a Tuesday night. Although tuesday is cheap night here. But still...I've never see this theatre so packed in my life lol

Yep it keeps making money. 20 million more just on Monday. I'm glad this wasn't fail.
I wanna see how far it keeps rolling. Even if it died next weekend, it's still done amazing. But I'd like to see how it does this week, just after the New Year with people still off still before Monday rolls around.

decent movie, it was fun and the 3d was pretty cool.

But imo, half way through, sully's avatar started to remind me more of benjamin bratt than sam worthington.

Truely a great movie. Story is simple but strong and touching. Cameron, does an excellent job in developing the characters which I really miss in todays movies and brilliant to keep the CG and real life images somewhat seperate. Tired of so many movies integrating CG and real life together and being dissapointed on the unrealistic look. But, Avatar pulled it off!

The whole environmental issue is the most obvious 'message' of the movie, but it's also the one I found least effective through being obvious and heavy-handed. I'm not entirely sure it hit the mark either, because the audiences I sat with roared with laughter at all of Giovanni Ribisi's 'tree hugging' put-downs.

For me the far more effective theme of the movie was Sully wanting to escape his ruined body into a dream/created life - the shots of him wheeling his shrivelled legs around looking quite haunted were very poignant. The desire to transplant one's consciousness into a superior form is psychologically very interesting, and the whole experience of the movie itself serves as an extended metaphor for that.

But perhaps it's the fact that the movie works so well on different levels that's giving it it's very broad cross-section appeal. That and the fact that (as another poster pointed out) it's extremely well constructed, without an ounce of fat on it. James Cameron has never directed a film as well as this one.

anyone else find themselves holding their breath when the camera went underwater when he jumped off the cliff? :lol

Seen it few hours ago for the first time, my first 3D movie too.

Loved it, every second, every shot of it. Will watch it again for sure, probably in 2D, just to see the difference.

So many emotions, it feels like Cameron poured his heart and soul in it!

Neytiri's best line in the movie:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/mBx7siUs9pY&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/mBx7siUs9pY&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Just in case anybody was wondering how to do it. :monkey5

I thought this video will be helpful, especially for Lightwave! :p

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/2zaJdq0VUtk&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/2zaJdq0VUtk&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Just in case anybody was wondering how to do it. :monkey5

I thought this video will be helpful, especially for Lightwave! :p

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/2zaJdq0VUtk&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/2zaJdq0VUtk&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

:lol:lol:lol
I love that there is a Jonas Bros. poster on her wall.

Back