James Cameron's AVATAR discussion thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Official James Cameron's AVATAR Movie Discussion Thread

Looks good. Can't wait to see if the new 3-D tech lives up to the hype of being revolutionary and the new standard in movie viewing experience. The theater needs something exclusive that can blow away the home theater thats for sure.

I totally agree

i can't wait to see the collectibles they'll do for the Na'vi! I hope it's not as expensive as the mech they got in Sideshow =s

i can't wait to see the collectibles they'll do for the Na'vi! I hope it's not as expensive as the mech they got in Sideshow =s

I hope Hot Toys picks up the license and makes Na'vi figures. Sam Worthington Na'vi and the Warrior girl Na'vi at least! :) :rock

I hope Hot Toys picks up the license and makes Na'vi figures. Sam Worthington Na'vi and the Warrior girl Na'vi at least! :) :rock

omg!! That would be awesome!! The Sam Worthington figure they did for Terminator Salvation was awesome!! I can imagine how good they would make the character of Jake would look!! He's so hot!!:drool

I just got news from my friends in Puerto Rico! They told me that Zoe Saldana was actually in the theater while the screening in PR ...and after teh whole thing, gave a QnA! Thats pretty neat...my friend said that she's real cool and casual and she can't wait for the movie to come out!

Forgive my ignorance, I usually dont spend too much time reading about movies until maybe a month or so before they actually come out...

I was under the impression that The last airbender was Avatar?? But that is M knight's movie, and today I just saw the trailer for "Avatar" by Cameron.....

Can someone explain this?

Films are unrelated - M Night's is Avatar: the Last Airbender, based on an animated TV show. I wouldn't be surprised if they just change it to The Last Airbender when it comes out. You can't copyright a title so both projects can use it.

Films are unrelated - M Night's is Avatar: the Last Airbender, based on an animated TV show. I wouldn't be surprised if they just change it to The Last Airbender when it comes out. You can't copyright a title so both projects can use it.

So Cameron's Avatar is an original film just using the same name by coincidence?

That is correct, the one based on the anime is just being titled "The Last Airbender" (which is probably going to get changed again in the UK as Bender is a derogatory term for a homosexual).

there is already quite a few films called Avatar out anyway

So Cameron's Avatar is an original film just using the same name by coincidence?

Avatar meaning to embody something else I think... like we do in a videogame "avatar" the protagonists Avatar is the blue furry freaky thing.

I thought it was Airbender at first too and so I never bothered to check it out til recently. Marketing should be sure and make that distinction somehow because a lot of people thought it was the kiddie cartoon.

Cameron has copyrighted the movie title rights, hence why his is called Avatar and the other is simply just Last Airbender.

Cameron had the name Avatar first

I have just spoken to some friends and also some people have posted on my YouTube page on how amazing the 14min preview was at the Imax theater.
They all have told me that the standard HD trailer that we have all seen, does not do it justice.
I'm really pumped to see this and I will be booking my Ticket at the Imax A.S.A.P

I hope this movie has a great story and is not just focused on the cgi.....too many movies nowadays look pretty but end up losing everything else

Um...it is called The Last Airbender.

James Cameron had the Avatar name before the show existed.

Oh and that 3D footage was amazing. This is going to be one great movie.

I was pretty underwhelmed with 50% of the CGI from the theatrical trailer. Looked too cartoonish in some areas.

Re: AVATAR

I can say 100% now in full honesty, that all the haters out there calling it cartoony and fake and "Epic Fail" are literally, and I mean literally wrong. There is no such thing as opinion on this subject, there is only fact, and the fact is that this movie will be awesome.

I am excited for this movie too! However, I am sure you are smart enough to know that your statement is actually false and counterintuitive right? Or have you just decided that you will be the end all be all opinion maker for everyone that sees this movie? :dunno

Back