Jakks DC Big Fig batman v superman ,Super Powers etc !!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
great work mate ,really like your effort and results with these figures :clap

as for a sword these lor letter openers scale great with her should find something close enough https://www.amazon.co.uk/Rings-Theo...coding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=GW42W54WZC88NSEBNGSX

51CX6Xd1aKL.jpg

wig looks good
got a link for the wig

Attachments

• 71UCkn1kmtL._SL1152_.jpg
    71UCkn1kmtL._SL1152_.jpg
    156.3 KB · Views: 375
great work mate ,really like your effort and results with these figures :clap

as for a sword these lor letter openers scale great with her should find something close enough https://www.amazon.co.uk/Rings-Theo...coding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=GW42W54WZC88NSEBNGSX

51CX6Xd1aKL.jpg

wig looks good
got a link for the wig
Thanks! The wig I got is a size 5-6 Ginger Gold Label Collection wig in Brown Black. There are a few sites that sell it and a couple of listings on eBay.

Thanks for the suggestion about the letter openers. I hadn't considered that so I'll have to check it out! I'm sure there's something suitable somewhere, I've just got to find it...

I'm liking that Flash too. I'm still not sold on how busy the suit is but it does look quite good there. Looks like there's plenty of potential for customisation as well! :)

Hi Brent,

Yes - i do. What specifically are you looking for? can u mesg me an email to contact

Been watching this thread for a long while. I've so far done BvS Superman and Batman.
Not sure what to do with Wonder Woman, but currently working on Armored Batman. I'm trying to figure a way to open up the lower boot so I can remove and angle the lower leg. Anyone have any ideas on opening without making too much of a mess of the boot?

I've not dont the faces because I'm just not that good enough plus I have no air brush. Been thinking maybe get someone to do it as long as it doesn't hurt my wallet.

bvs.jpg

If you're referring to me, I used nothing more than $.99 store liquid shoe polish.
Rubbed it all over and then let it dry a few minutes, then used a kitchen sponge with scouring part on back and lightly rubbed.
Rinsed with hot water, ring out, scour,repeat until desired effect. What's nice about the shoe polish is, if you dont like what you did ,you can clean it all off and start over. I did this 3 times with Batman as I wasn't getting the shading I wanted.
To seal them, Superman got a gloss coat while Batman got a satin finish.
I'm going to replace the capes soon with proper ones as soon as I get over to the fabric store.
I'm still trying to figure out bending Armored Batman's leg. I tried using a dremel but anything I used was too big for the tight areas to make a clean cut.

Anyone here help me on face shading? Cost? Send me a PM if you can help.

Wow man. Im gonna try that. Ive used shoe polish before but never toyed with scouring for effect. Need to find a superman.. if you are in canada i know the perfect material for the armored cape. From fabricland.

Been doing some more custom Jakks work. Getting a lot of inspiration from other custom works over at Jakks Pacific Star Wars and Other Big Figs! Facebook page
First. Been lagging on this Armored Batman. Wanted hid leg to be bent so took some time to do it as clean as possible. Pretty much finished just need to fill it in and then start the washing process.

batleg.jpg batleg2.jpg

Then I got a little ADD and started on another Superman. Found a used one on CR for $10. This time around he will become Nightmare/Death of Superman. Used a semi-gloss Black and it turned out really well. Not too much shine that hides details. Next will be all the Silver hand painting which I'm not looking forward to.

sups.jpg

I then added a new cape to BatFleck using a simulated leather. The pattern matched very well with the pattern on the cowl.

batfleck1.jpg batfleck2.jpg

Then Superman got a cape upgrade. I use a material called SCUBA and it's labeled at spandex but just a tad thicker than Lycra.

sups2.jpg sups3.jpg

I just picked up an armored Batman on clearance at Target for $11.48. I just noticed online, while searching for possible poses to mod the figure, that there seems to have been a second version of this figure but I don't know for sure.

The figure has the arms at it's side, and not resting on its thighs. Also, it has the armor in the crotch area painted and not just all grey.
Here's the pic.
b9aab3a8-77ce-48c7-a710-3cdbb6904ee9_1.654be9c22e2c85f2a14934cd5f58cabf.jpeg

and what I (and presumably everyone else) has.
b2469f9f-19ea-4de9-99b6-1bf862811e6f_1.54752ee360181f7008ace48a3628f3a2.jpeg

I also noticed there were different Superman as well. Idk if one is a prototype or preproduciton but it's different than what's in stores.
This Cavill looks better than what I've seen in stores.
Jakks%2BPacific%2BBatman%2BV%2BSuperman%2BGiant%2BSize%2BSuperman%2BFigure.jpg

batman-vs-superman-big-figs-19-superman-action-figure-D_NQ_NP_728711-MLM20640449402_032016-F.jpg

I don't think anyone has that first version. Prototypes generally vary from the final product.

The awkwardly curved arms can be aggravating, but you can sorta make it work by forcing the arms to their side, with his hands placed tightly on his thighs. Boiling/hairdrying the plastic might help a little. I've been meaning to try but never got around to it.

Any word on the updated Wonder Woman figures. Would prefer to repaint one of these to go with my Jakks Bats than going 1/6

Any word on the updated Wonder Woman figures. Would prefer to repaint one of these to go with my Jakks Bats than going 1/6

Are you talking about the 19" one with the cloak and the better paint job? I found them at the local Walmart last week. Looks much better IMO.

It's laughable how bad the Mattel figures look when compared to that group shot.

attachment.php

AW-WBCP-JoinTheLeague-JakksFigures-Phase1-5-16-17-JM.jpg

Thank you based Jakks :bow This'll probably be how I'll get a full set of the League.

Back