Jack the Giant Slayer

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fosing

Super Freak
Reaction score
posting this due to all the recent fairy tale re-imaginings.
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPBFv8HJ_bo"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPBFv8HJ_bo[/ame]

if fairy tales are gonna be this intense....

i cant wait for the 3 little pigs, the 3 billy goats gruff and goldilocks movie. :lol:rotfl

Re: Jack the Giant Killer

aww man i was looking forward to this movie sooner

I'm really not sure I liked the look of this.

I like Singer so maybe just maybe this could be a surprise.

Kind of forgot about this movie until I saw a tv-spot recently. The latest trailer has me pretty interested in seeing it. Bill Nighy being in it guarantees my butt in the theater seats :lol
[ame]https://youtu.be/UXsLpwu9iTs[/ame]

the giants look too fake, (like all CGI does now) I don't know, the idea for this movie is cool and interesting but the trailers make me never want to see this, to stay away as much as possible.
I would wait to read reviews but I can tell I am not going to like this, this feels like another "Clash of the titans" remake

I actually heard this isn't as terrible as one would think. I probably won't spend the money to see it in theaters but I'll check it out on bluray when its released

I went in with such incredibly low expectations I actually ended up enjoying it. The two main leads are the least interesting things in the entire movie, which is never a good thing. but the other human characters were at least fun to watch and I found the costume designs to be interesting, especially the armor; fairy book-ish but in some ways more grounded in real world armor than say lord of the rings or Narnia.

The giants were the highlight of the move for me, bill nighy doesn't even have to try to sound awesome, he just is. Some of the action scenes with them are pretty well done to. If you couldn't tell from the trailers; cgi was pretty meh, put it simply; if your movie merely looks like a really, really good video game, then somethings wrong.

Its a fun movie that suffers from half assed run-of-the-mill writing and two really generic leads (reluctant hero and tomboy-ish princess) and is by no means an exceptional film, but I found it entertaining enough and for me that's what matters in the end.

And Ian Mcshane is absolutely wasted on this film.

I went in with such incredibly low expectations I actually ended up enjoying it. The two main leads are the least interesting things in the entire movie, which is never a good thing. but the other human characters were at least fun to watch and I found the costume designs to be interesting, especially the armor; fairy book-ish but in some ways more grounded in real world armor than say lord of the rings or Narnia.

The giants were the highlight of the move for me, bill nighy doesn't even have to try to sound awesome, he just is. Some of the action scenes with them are pretty well done to. If you couldn't tell from the trailers; cgi was pretty meh, put it simply; if your movie merely looks like a really, really good video game, then somethings wrong.

Its a fun movie that suffers from half assed run-of-the-mill writing and two really generic leads (reluctant hero and tomboy-ish princess) and is by no means an exceptional film, but I found it entertaining enough and for me that's what matters in the end.

And Ian Mcshane is absolutely wasted on this film.

I'd agree that Nighy was great and the leads weren't interesting. I'd almost wished Macgregor was the lead. Tucci was just a cartoon and his sidekick an even bigger cartoon.

Have to disagree about the armor though - I thought it looked kind of like a non-fantasy fans' idea of costume armor. Not very story bookish and not even as good as what they do for Once Upon a Time on TV. I kept thinking - "what would Weta do?"

The appeal of the armor to me was that it resembled the kind if armor you'd see at tournaments; very foppish and ostentatious but not very practical. I had fun just looking at some of the intricate design work on Macgregors armor. It honestly felt like i was watching a renaissance fair sometimes, which is fine by me. But to each his own.

I'm with you on tucci's character, i think they tried to make him a genuinely evil person, but his demeanor was just so cartoonish and "mustache-twirly" that i coudn't take him seriously at all.

Is anyone else bothered by the fact that on two occasions the beans are planted they just happen to grow up to the very edge of floaty giant land? Like they don't pop up miles away amongst some clouds and **** and they don't get smushed up against the underside of floaty giant land, no; both times they conveniantly grow up to the very edge. Maybe there was some line in the movie i missed, one of those "its magic stop thinking about it" lines trying to explain it.

Also, i like how Macgregor sported a high school jock hair style despite being in the middle ages.

Yea, we say the IMAX version this weekend, and it was fun but nothing special. I suspect Oz will turn out the same.

And I was the ONLY one in the theater that laughed when Mcgregor said "I've got a bad feeling about this"

Back