Statue J Scott Campbell Classic Spiderman Comiquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
3 of the 5 big SSC Spiderman pieces have similar upper body poses... The only ones to brake the mold were the BIB and Iron Spider Coms

I'm surprised there aren't more Spidey statues showing him wall crawling. The poses I've seen are usually him posed to him either shooting his webs or getting ready to web sling. One of my favorite poses of a Spidey statue came from the 1/6 scale Marvel Collectors club. The Comiq, BIB, and Iron Spidey are done really well though.

I'm surprised there aren't more Spidey statues showing him wall crawling. The poses I've seen are usually him posed to him either shooting his webs or getting ready to web sling. One of my favorite poses of a Spidey statue came from the 1/6 scale Marvel Collectors club. The Comiq, BIB, and Iron Spidey are done really well though.

I know this sounds crazy, but as a penciler, amateur mind you, I have know a lot of guys who do penciled commissions all the time, and they will always try to show the chest symbol because if they don't they will either be asked to redraw part of it or asked for a partially refund. I wall crawling pose obscures the entire chest, and the symbol..... So that would be MY guess as to why we do t see more pieces of him belly to the wall.

I know this sounds crazy, but as a penciler, amateur mind you, I have know a lot of guys who do penciled commissions all the time, and they will always try to show the chest symbol because if they don't they will either be asked to redraw part of it or asked for a partially refund. I wall crawling pose obscures the entire chest, and the symbol..... So that would be MY guess as to why we do t see more pieces of him belly to the wall.

Makes sense.

Although, I think a sculpt of him wall crawling on a a building with the base being a large or small glass window so we can see both sides would look interesting.
I'm not sure how that would work, but it's an idea. :dunno

The new comiquette does look good, but I still prefer the original.

POSSIBLE EXCLUSIVE DESIGNS

So in the SSC experience page today they had an interview with J Scott Campbell and they showed some designs for the new Trio, and in the interview they show some of his design sketches, and one of them had a Half Mask Design for Spidey with a Smart Alec Grin. Here is a link to PIC.

null_zps0b581e2a.png

Okay so listen up BECAUSE all of you guys have been looking at my pics so much LATELY you blew up my Photobucket account so I can't hyper link off of it till the 29th so if someone wants to copy my pic please go ahead.

Oh and I KNOW there is a possibility that this other head might have been amalgamated into the final design with the odd expression, but I though you guys might like a look.

Last edited:
Good things come to those who wait.

I stepped away from the hobby long enough to miss the original comiquette upon release and I'm glad I waited.
I have no issues with the scale.
This turned out looking really good and I don't have to shell out 1k to get Spidey. :yess:

I think I'll just go with Spidey. MJ is too small and as her arse is her best feature, what's the point in spending all that money just to have her turned against a wall!

Would have been good idea to maybe have her kneeling beneath Spidey in a larger combined statue.

Back