Statue J Scott Campbell Classic Spiderman Comiquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I look at this pic and I want them ALL, but in realistic terms I may only be getting one, and that would be Spiderman, and I am NOT totally sold on it yet.

My problem is the simple questions that I am asking my self A) Am I settling for something that isn't the originaly Comiquette just because of price, B) Am I being impatient and should I just wait it out till ANOTHER 1/4 Classic costume comes out.... which it WILL happen eventually... It is just a matter of HOW long it will take. I have actually gone back and forth between liking the new Spiderman MORE then the Com, and then thinking I am just making crap up ...lol. Oh to be a collector.

Just buy it Spidey and then sell it if better 1/4 scale item comes out in the future.. Simple as that my friend... Unless of course you want to save up for the original Comiquette.. However I really don't believe the the original comi is $800.00 or more better then this one.

He didn't criticize for your buying preferences, he criticized you for wanting to place a mirror behind a polystone statue so you can view its *** with greater ease.

I was simply suggesting it for another member who felt that Mary Jane's best feature is behind her. :lol But on to whats really important I just noticed that the size of MJ will hopefully fit in well with the Koto Spidey and Venom until the new Comiquette comes out.

I would think that SSC will release these in quick succession... you could conceivably get your hands on this Spidey by Jun/Jul 2014. Even if they release another 1/4 PF I wouldn't think you would get it until probably early 2016. You could get this and enjoy it for a couple of years and sell it when/if the new release comes out. It will have an ES so you shouldn't lose money. Just another angle to consider.

Okay, so you might love or hate this idea. You can preorder the new Spidey comi assuming there's no NRD like Mary Jane, and if you happen to buy the old comi before the new one ships, you cancel. Ether way you get a Spidey comi. Now if there is an NRD, then it gets sticky.

I have been considering all of these things guys, and thanks. I think that if this goes has either no NRD or a great EX then I may order it, but then there is this fact....

Just buy it Spidey and then sell it if better 1/4 scale item comes out in the future.. Simple as that my friend... Unless of course you want to save up for the original Comiquette.. However I really don't believe the the original comi is $800.00 or more better then this one.

You know I think it is the fact that I am not sold on this piece from every angle. When I look at videos and pics of the original Com, short of the nose issue, and it looks solid and powerful from any angle. I don't think the new one looks as good from I the side angles or as solid. In fact he looks scrawny IMHO. Now I think I MAY actually prefer the J Scott Com from the front, and 3/4 front views, but not so much that it overrules the other Com.

In the end I am not entirely what I am going to do. It won't even necessarily be a scale thing. I did a quick bit of measuring and figuring based on the height of the MJ Com, and I figure Spidey is 19-20 inches high. In the end Spiderman is my FAVORITE character ever so in the end I want to LOVE the statue I have of him. I don't want to feel like I am settling.

I have been considering all of these things guys, and thanks. I think that if this goes has either no NRD or a great EX then I may order it, but then there is this fact....

You know I think it is the fact that I am not sold on this piece from every angle. When I look at videos and pics of the original Com, short of the nose issue, and it looks solid and powerful from any angle. I don't think the new one looks as good from I the side angles or as solid. In fact he looks scrawny IMHO. Now I think I MAY actually prefer the J Scott Com from the front, and 3/4 front views, but not so much that it overrules the other Com.

In the end I am not entirely what I am going to do. It won't even necessarily be a scale thing. I did a quick bit of measuring and figuring based on the height of the MJ Com, and I figure Spidey is 19-20 inches high. In the end Spiderman is my FAVORITE character ever so in the end I want to LOVE the statue I have of him. I don't want to feel like I am settling.

Should not cause you this much internal conflict :rotfl
The 1/4 Comiquette Spidey nose is a non issue. Same on the HvsS Dio. Martin Canale sculpt is da bomb.

Its just kinda degrading. Thats all man. Just mentioning it. Man, people are a bit high strung here, not trying to attack here :slap

Its just kinda degrading. Thats all man. Just mentioning it. Man, people are a bit high strung here, not trying to attack here :slap

Yea tell me about it. Mention a thong and the crowd goes wild heaven forbid what would happen if I mention the word G-String. Oh that does it... there goes the neighborhood. :lol

Yea tell me about it. Mention a thong and the crowd goes wild heaven forbid what would happen if I mention the word G-String. Oh that does it... there goes the neighborhood. :lol

Spidey is wearing a G-String?

shut-up-and-take-my-money.jpeg

The concept of having Spidey's mask half off and all three of his girls on the base is perfect. I have been wanting to have something with all 3 of the ladies together. If its an EX I'll probably pay whatever it takes no matter the cost.

The concept of having Spidey's mask half off and all three of his girls on the base is perfect. I have been wanting to have something with all 3 of the ladies together. If its an EX I'll probably pay whatever it takes no matter the cost.

Don't tell them that!!! :lol

I still have my Spidey PF Ex. :yess:

I like art prints but I hope we get something more substantial for the Ex with this!

I really like both A LOT. But the Spidey PF was one of my first SSC pieces, so I don't ever see me selling it. It makes me feel like I'm a SSC OG. :lol

It definitely doesn't have the detail of all of the newer pieces, but I still really enjoy it. The camera is a nice touch for the Ex.

Its about how some of you obviously jerk off to statues. I find it hard not to laugh.

Last edited:
Back